Musings from the Monarch (Koningsdam)

VMax1700

16 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

No english bacon in lido this morning. I asked at the usual station and got blanked.

Try asking for back bacon or Canadian back bacon.  I believe that's what they call it on HAL.  Same thing though 🙂 

4 minutes ago, kazu said:

Try asking for back bacon or Canadian back bacon.  I believe that's what they call it on HAL.  Same thing though 🙂 

I usually get it at the station labelled 'English Breakfast'. It has quirky things like grilled tomato, fried bread, mushrooms, bangers, and baked beans. This time the station is missing!

Not just Brexit but also Halexit.😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

Anyone know what this Med style fast ferry is doing in P.E?

20190327_172054.jpg

That's a daily service to the Bahamas, Freeport I think.  It's been around for several years.  It used to dock at the pier right next to the 17th street bridge but I think has changed terminals recently.  (Appears to be back to terminal 1)

Roy

Edited by rafinmd

17 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

I usually get it at the station labelled 'English Breakfast'. It has quirky things like grilled tomato, fried bread, mushrooms, bangers, and baked beans. This time the station is missing!

Is that the same station with the eggs benny, we’ve gotten it there before.

18 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

What, no Bangers???   Geez, that's my favorite thing in the Lido....I won't survive without Bangers & Chocolates and if I have to pay for an additional entree cuz I'm starving, I'm really gonna be pissed!  😩

19 minutes ago, Lido deck main said:

Is that the same station with the eggs benny, we’ve gotten it there before.

On the port side stations it is the one with the hot plate to make pancakes/crepes. I will check out the other side 2moro.

20 minutes ago, cruzin4us said:

What, no Bangers???   Geez, that's my favorite thing in the Lido....I won't survive without Bangers & Chocolates and if I have to pay for an additional entree cuz I'm starving, I'm really gonna be pissed!  😩

No extra charge here (yet!).

1 hour ago, VMax1700 said:

It was there in February. Did you look on both sides of the buffet?

1 hour ago, VMax1700 said:

This is so strange, on our K'dm cruise March 6th, my brother in law was able to enjoy grilled tomato, baked beans, mushrooms with his breakfast.............AND WE HAD CHOCOLATES IN OUR CABIN AT NIGHT........how things can change in just a couple weeks.......

Our meet and greet was held this a.m. in Billboard on Board. Good turnout. No officers or hotel staff appeared!

Thanks to Dan for organising.

######no pillow chocolate for anyone!!!!

Edited by VMax1700

5 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

Cabin steward says that they have not received any chocolates from supplier. He did not understand the nuance when I asked if any had been ordered! 🙄

Starting to sound like the escargot episode 😳

6 hours ago, doone said:

Hmmmmm we were on the voyage before Copper, my sister purchase the unlimited internet never mentioned any issue with it AND more importantly we did have chocolates every night..........we has 10 cabins booked and all got chocolates.  

Perhaps they ran out of Droste or whatever they replaced it with....................nah

13 minutes ago, doone said:

On my cruise no escargot was served, found out when I got home there was a shortage, maybe the chocolate are with the escargot 😁

I remember chocolate mice from childhood, but chocolate snails? 

I may leave a note at H.D's desk for clarification.

3 hours ago, rafinmd said:

That's a daily service to the Bahamas, Freeport I think.  It's been around for several years.  It used to dock at the pier right next to the 17th street bridge but I think has changed terminals recently.  (Appears to be back to terminal 1)

Roy

Yeah, that's the Spanish fast cat ferry Jaume 1, operated by Balearia Caribbean, 600 pax. four times weekly to Freeport and back. The one-way trip takes four hours

2 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

I remember chocolate mice from childhood, but chocolate snails? 

I may leave a note at H.D's desk for clarification.

Max; you've gotta try a "Broodje Kroket" at the Grand Dutch Cafe, excellent for  a Dutch-Irish lunch 😉

Image may contain: food

• Like 1

4 hours ago, VMax1700 said:

Have you checked the breakfast menu for the MDR? It might offer an English breakfast. I remember seeing it in Club Orange in January, so maybe you have to pay $50 per day to get a proper "fry up."

7 minutes ago, 3rdGenCunarder said:

Have you checked the breakfast menu for the MDR? It might offer an English breakfast. I remember seeing it in Club Orange in January, so maybe you have to pay $50 per day to get a proper "fry up."

Yup; they do serve a proper "English Breakfast" with bangers in Club Orange