I have never seen such a lack of interest ...

I find it unbelievable that Royal are actually launching a brand new ship in 3 weeks time. However these pages are not not flooded with excitement and posts about Spectrum of the Seas.

Now of course I know that this ship is heading ( from Barcelona ) to the Chinese Market, and yet many of us will either be sailing on this ship, or at least interested in the changes they have made with the introduction of Gold and Silver Suite facilities. Even the Royal marketing machine has been very quite on this one, is there something they don’t want us to know ?? 

I'm not interested for just the reasons you mentioned. It is geared towards the Chinese market, and at this time I have no plans to sail on her. I am more interested in Icon.. but they have been tight-lipped about that for well over a year now. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ChipLondon said:

I find it unbelievable that Royal are actually launching a brand new ship in 3 weeks time. However these pages are not not flooded with excitement and posts about Spectrum of the Seas.

Now of course I know that this ship is heading ( from Barcelona ) to the Chinese Market, and yet many of us will either be sailing on this ship, or at least interested in the changes they have made with the introduction of Gold and Silver Suite facilities. Even the Royal marketing machine has been very quite on this one, is there something they don’t want us to know ?? 

There is a whole Spectrum of the Seas thread with pictures etc. ..............

• Like 2

As a marketing professional, I would market the ship to the market that will actually be buying tickets. Because that's who my customers are. Americans typically don't just decide "hey, let's fly to China to take a cruise, even though we have 50+ of them right here in America." It's just kind of common sense.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, ChipLondon said:

I believe this is the main thread that some of the posters are referring too.

• Like 1

Come on - it should be fairly obvious. Spectrum is headed to China and will likely be there for her lifetime. The majority of people on here are Westerners (mostly Americans) so they will never sail her.

You can't compare it with Anthem, Harmony or Symphony as they have all been USA based bar their inaugural season. Even Quantum did a season in NJ before heading to China.

Edited by CruisingJoe09

Just now, John&LaLa said:

I'm just waiting till they improve the design with Odyssey 

Same here - for all that they've said that it is a "Quantum Ultra" class ship, the only change I can see is the addition of the SkyPad. And the removal of the mascot (Gigi is an icon on Anthem).

Can they maybe add waterslides for Odyssey?

Spectrum peaked my interest with their fully segregated and exclusive suite class.  This is the future for Royal.  Agree with a prior poster about doing a land based China trip.  Frankly, I think it's sad to see the world through an RCI ship.  The occasional Caribbean cruise (to a bunch of lousy islands) to unplug and unwind is it for us.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CruisingJoe09 said:

Same here - for all that they've said that it is a "Quantum Ultra" class ship, the only change I can see is the addition of the SkyPad. And the removal of the mascot (Gigi is an icon on Anthem).

Can they maybe add waterslides for Odyssey?

Totally different dining venue. No more dining hall

Just now, CruisingJoe09 said:

Would that be for the Chinese market though?

Sure, but Odyssey will be Quantum ultra as well.  Also moved the suites.  Not sure where that is headed with Odyssey. Andy may get his wish

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Andy C said:

Spectrum peaked my interest with their fully segregated and exclusive suite class.  This is the future for Royal.  Agree with a prior poster about doing a land based China trip.  Frankly, I think it's sad to see the world through an RCI ship.  The occasional Caribbean cruise (to a bunch of lousy islands) to unplug and unwind is it for us.  

I'm looking forward to touring Arabia next year on Jewel.  

• Like 1