Must I book through my country's web site?

Jorg_

Living i Sweden - do I have to book my cruise through the Swedish web site (celebritycruises.se) or am I free to book my cruise on any of the Celebrity web sites around the world? There seem to be very different promotions in different countries - can one take advantage of any of them or stuck with what they offer in my country?

• Like 1

I am from Denmark, so I'm using the Scandinavian office as well for my upcoming and previous cruise, but I'm quite sure that you can use practically any travel agency you want to, however the TA itself may have put a restriction for non-US/CA citizens. I know a few where you MUST note a US zip code to book, but most larger TAs (the ones on pages 1 and 2 when searching for eg. "book cruise") have no country restrictions.

Some of the individual promotions may be restricted based on your residence as well, in my experience this mostly applies for additional TA OBC, however.

Until recently, I actually had a booking directly with Celebrity.com, the booking was issued in USD and I received perks like any US customer, however I cancelled that booking (I had made a "backup" reservation during the 20$ deposit promotion), so I don't see that there should be any problems, except for the individual TAs making any additional restrictions.

Edited by mikkelhansen

I live in Israel, my sister lives in Germany. We're both using an internet online TA based in Miami, using our real addresses.

One exception, though, Princess doesn't allow Israeli citizens to book outside our country.... I find this "policy" totally unacceptable, therefore, I'm not cruising with Princess anymore.

I'm from UK and booked before with RCCL.COM as a better deal. I was sent a link to do this by a fellow CC. I wish someone would give me one for Celebrity, as you need to allow your computer to accept this. I had no issues with RCCL, and it recognised all my details.

3 minutes ago, baljaffray said:

I'm from UK and booked before with RCCL.COM as a better deal. I was sent a link to do this by a fellow CC. I wish someone would give me one for Celebrity, as you need to allow your computer to accept this. I had no issues with RCCL, and it recognised all my details.

You need to use a VPN.

3 minutes ago, baljaffray said:

I did not need this last year, I just copied and pasted the link and voila! My husbands work PC has a VPN, but would prefer the link.

I find it just redirects you back to the U.K. site unless you use a VPN. 

We are from Switzerland and use USA TA to book with US conditions and $.  Directly on phone with Celebrity US won’t work, even not through Captains Club as they can not give in a different country from US.    Same problem online on Celebrity.com : I can give in resident country USA to be able to get in website and can go through booking until very end where you have to give in address and credit card and  am then thrown out when country is mentioned.  However am able to put booking on hold for 24 hour with Swiss email address and can then phone US TA.  

6 hours ago, odysee said:

We are from Switzerland and use USA TA to book with US conditions and $.  Directly on phone with Celebrity US won’t work, even not through Captains Club as they can not give in a different country from US.    Same problem online on Celebrity.com : I can give in resident country USA to be able to get in website and can go through booking until very end where you have to give in address and credit card and  am then thrown out when country is mentioned.  However am able to put booking on hold for 24 hour with Swiss email address and can then phone US TA.  

Yes, going through a US TA is the easiest way as I have done for many years, but the OP wanted to be able to see the .com site. I find unless you use a VPN, X’s site automatically redirects you to your country of origin and quotes in your currency.

1 hour ago, villauk said:

Yes, going through a US TA is the easiest way as I have done for many years, but the OP wanted to be able to see the .com site. I find unless you use a VPN, X’s site automatically redirects you to your country of origin and quotes in your currency.

Oh, I have no problem to actually see the .com site. Just wanted to know if I am aloud to book through any site I want, or if I must book through the site in my country (the .se site). 

As I understand all the answers, you can only book via you national site if booking directly on the Celebrity site, but you might be able to book otherwise if you use a travel agent instead (for example use a US travel agent).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jorg_ said:

Oh, I have no problem to actually see the .com site. Just wanted to know if I am aloud to book through any site I want, or if I must book through the site in my country (the .se site). 

As I understand all the answers, you can only book via you national site if booking directly on the Celebrity site, but you might be able to book otherwise if you use a travel agent instead (for example use a US travel agent).

Yes, that’s what I have found from my experience. Over here, you are redirected back so only see the amount in pounds sterling (even when I go on the .com site) unless I use a VPN where it will quote in US dollars. You can definitely book via a US TA for RCCL reservations though. It’s best to check all the available offers; you may find big differences between what you are offered in the different countries, not just on the perks/promotions, but also with regards to T&C, final payment dates, refundable deposits etc.