President's Cruise worth it?

simonscriven

Hello everyone, I am quite new to cruising (only been at sea twice so far but intend to work on that ;) ). I am looking for my next one and I notice a lot of "President Cruises". I'm not sure how these are different from a regular one? Is it really worth it?

Thank you for your help and your guidance.

S

,This is like the 2 Ronnies sketch."four candles,no, fork handles",lol.Back on topic,I'd avoid it like the plaque.There will be venues closed off for seminars with TAs and all sorts.JMO.

Edited by brian1

Recall reading that Celebrity were introducing a series of cruises where their CEO will be aboard the ship. Definitely not a selling point for us. We select a cruise based on quality and itinerary.

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 5:16 AM, simonscriven said:

Hello everyone, I am quite new to cruising (only been at sea twice so far but intend to work on that 😉 ). I am looking for my next one and I notice a lot of "President Cruises". I'm not sure how these are different from a regular one? Is it really worth it?

Thank you for your help and your guidance.

S

Welcome to cruise critic, I have heard of them but they do not offer them here.

17 hours ago, brian1 said:

The only one I could find was a Chinese Yangtze river cruise company.There is a river cruise board on this forum.OP might have more joy there,cheers,Brian.

I am on one of these (President 7) in April but this is a river cruise vessel belonging to the President cruise line. 

As mentioned, the company President would be aboard, there would be special events and such put on for everyone along with the special itinerary and shorex's. Probably not my cup of tea, but for some it may be interesting.

On 3/29/2019 at 9:02 AM, brian1 said:

There will be venues closed off for seminars with TAs and all sorts.JMO.

Not true. In fact there are usually a few extra activities that can be enjoyed by all, and as you would expect with the CEO on board the ship is spruced up beforehand and the crew extra attentive.

Celebrity usually do a Presidents Cruise every year now.

However I would recommend only picking the cruise for the itineray which is what we did when the Presidents cruise was from Abu Dhabi to Mumbai on Celebrity Constellation in 2018.  Just a normal cruise for the most part as the CEO was only on board for a few days.  I will say this though the overnight in Mumbai was special, the Bollywood dance company came on board for shows. Beautiful flower garlands were given to everyone for the night and the whole top deck was turned into an Indian bazaar with Indian vendors and artists coming aboard. The Bollywood company danced well into the night after their shows with everyone, it was actually a very good evening.

14 minutes ago, JBare said:

Not true. In fact there are usually a few extra activities that can be enjoyed by all, and as you would expect with the CEO on board the ship is spruced up beforehand and the crew extra attentive.

However I would recommend only picking the cruise for the itineray which is what we did when the Presidents cruise was from Abu Dhabi to Mumbai on Celebrity Constellation in 2018.  Just a normal cruise for the most part as the CEO was only on board for a few days.  I will say this though the overnight in Mumbai was special, the Bollywood dance company came on board for shows. Beautiful flower garlands were given to everyone for the night and the whole top deck was turned into an Indian bazaar with Indian vendors and artists coming aboard. The Bollywood company danced well into the night after their shows with everyone, it was actually a very good evening.

Sorry,I stand corrected.I've read stories on here where large VIP groups and entourages have taken over venues and speciality restaurants for private functions.Obviously Celebrity differs,cheers,Brian.

17 hours ago, JBare said:

Sounds good, I enjoyed India for the most part but having a sanitised version on board the ship would be great.