Frog and Onion Pub makeover

Charles4515

• 5 months later...

We arrive in port at 4:00. Our hope is to hit the Frog and Onion, have a few drinks, and eventually have dinner there. How crowded does it usually get with a ship in port?  Do you suggest dinner reservations?

2 hours ago, ann2 said:

We arrive in port at 4:00. Our hope is to hit the Frog and Onion, have a few drinks, and eventually have dinner there. How crowded does it usually get with a ship in port?  Do you suggest dinner reservations?

Most cruise ship passengers tend to go back to their ships for their dinner if they are in the Dockyard so you probably don’t need to make a reservation but if you are sure you want to have dinner there you could as they do take reservations online. I have  gone there for drinks in the evening and never had a reservation. 

Edited by Charles4515

On 3/28/2019 at 3:06 PM, Charles4515 said:

I always head over to the Frog and Onion when I am at the Dockyard. They brew their own beer. I found this article on their renovations of interest. Frog and Onion is a British style pub.

http://www.royalgazette.com/local-business/article/20190328/historic-features-survive-pub-makeover

You got me at "They brew their own beer"! I will definitely be stopping by there when my ship docks there next month!

2 minutes ago, ann2 said:

I’m beginning to wonder if we will make it.... Jerry seems to have different plans for us. We’re scheduled to arrive Monday....

Based on the current forecast it looks like your ship will be going elsewhere...but forecasts change quickly so don't totally rule out Bermuda.

• 3 weeks later...

I usually have dinner on the ship, then walk over to have a pint.  Will be there in a couple of weeks and look forward to seeing the renovations.

Have been to Bermuda twice, both in late October, and the weather has been glorious.  Keeping my fingers crossed that there won't be any more tropical disturbances and we'll have more of the same!