Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Host Carolyn

Excited to Host this MSC Board

Recommended Posts

Hi! We are sailing on seaside 12/21-28. YC. Super excited! 1st time on MSC. Would love any tips and ideas. Things to look forward to? Things to know ahead of time? We also booked a cabana on OC. Super nervous that the island might not be ready. If that happens where would they take us instead? And would our cabana reservation just move to the new place? TIA! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am also wondering about boarding/ priority check in time.  We are embarking in Civitavecchia on October 10.  Our priority time is 16:15 and our checkout from the  B&B in port is at 11:00.  Will I be able to drop the luggage off early?  I don't really want to drag it around all over town for 5 hours.

 

Thanks,

Pat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/25/2019 at 12:42 PM, Fogfog said:
On 5/28/2019 at 5:03 PM, Fogfog said:

Hello

New to the MSC boards.

Is there a specific Stateroom thread for each class of MSC ships that pax put in the information on staterooms (bed by bath or balcony, noise level, soot, etc etc?) ?  

TY

@Host Carolyn

 

Can we start one? See above question. TY

Just wondering if this could be started ... I've been trying to find info about my cabin, and nothing is out there, so I think it would be helpful. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello my husband and I just booked our 4th cruise with MSC. We Average 2-3 cruises a year and have been on several other lines. In our opinion MSC is wonderful. We live the international feel, food and especially the entertainment, best we have seen any where. One put fall is their phone service and agents not knowing what’s up and their online service. Very disorganized but willing to put up with it for the great prices they offer. Not sure why they sometimes get bad reviews. Can’t wait to see their private island on this next cruise! And their meet and greet are the best we have seen as well. 
MSC fan!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, susan0000 said:

Hello my husband and I just booked our 4th cruise with MSC. We Average 2-3 cruises a year and have been on several other lines. In our opinion MSC is wonderful. We live the international feel, food and especially the entertainment, best we have seen any where. One put fall is their phone service and agents not knowing what’s up and their online service. Very disorganized but willing to put up with it for the great prices they offer. Not sure why they sometimes get bad reviews. Can’t wait to see their private island on this next cruise! And their meet and greet are the best we have seen as well. 
MSC fan!

When is your next cruise? Which one were you just on? We also enjoyed the food and the ship. The entertainment wasn’t our favorite. We did enjoy the Michael Jackson show and comedy. The performers were very talented, we just felt like that was as a lot going on in each show, each show was kind of the same but with different outfits. We also wish there were more TV channels besides fixer up and travel. Not a deal breaker though. Yacht club spoiled us for sure with all of the amenities. The island was nice. I look forward to seeing it in the future after they work out their kinks. It was beautiful and the cabana was amazing! My cabana was not in the YC area but we still had Great service. We didn’t have to wait in the long lines for food or drinks, they took our orders and always made sure our ice chest was stocked. I would definitely book a cabana again. I didn’t try the Buffett on the island. The shops were nice. We were bummed that the evening entertainment was cancelled due to weather. Was really looking forward to the parade. The lighthouse show was very pretty. We were able to watch it from our balcony. Overall a great trip. Looking forward to our next one on Seashore in June of 2021 in Barcelona 💗 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We did the divina first, then we took the armonia to Cuba, our last one was the Meroviglia when it did it’s repositioning cruise and we picked it up in nyc and did 14 days. Loved it but we are a fan of the smaller ships. So we are going back on the armonia in March.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How do these boards work?  We are sailing the last week of February (first time on MSC) and I have lots of questions...

1. Does anyone have experience with or pictures of the 'tryptich' menus, love to know what the menu options are.

2. Booked 2 years ago and they switched drink packages on us and we want to know about how to get upgrade without absorbing all the costs- not huge drinkers but want options

3. Anyone had experience with the App?  We are going to wifi so not sure how it works

4. Has anyone tried the spa?  We get free massages with our room and again love to know what my options are and how easy it is to schedule

 

Thank you in advance + Ahoy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, KittyCruz said:

How do these boards work?  We are sailing the last week of February (first time on MSC) and I have lots of questions...

1. Does anyone have experience with or pictures of the 'tryptich' menus, love to know what the menu options are.

2. Booked 2 years ago and they switched drink packages on us and we want to know about how to get upgrade without absorbing all the costs- not huge drinkers but want options

3. Anyone had experience with the App?  We are going to wifi so not sure how it works

4. Has anyone tried the spa?  We get free massages with our room and again love to know what my options are and how easy it is to schedule

 

Thank you in advance + Ahoy

Hi! 

What experience did you sign up for?

You can also search for your specific cruise board where you can meet others on your ship 🙂 You can search by the cruise ship and date. 

I used the app. We just sailed in December. It worked for messaging each other and checking the daily agenda. That was very helpful. We were also able to text from iphone to iphone through wifi. We did not purchase the internet package. 

We did use the spa, but not the massages, although I wish I did ! How did you get free massages?? I want to know for next time 🙂  We did have free use of the rest of the spa though. 

I am not sure what a tryptich menu is, but all of the food was good. We did not go to the speciality restaurants, but tried the main dining room and buffets. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the app info! That is all good know

We signed up for aurea which comes with a massage and the thermal pass, looking forward to relaxing in that area daily.

Still on the speciality dining fence, 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, KittyCruz said:

Thanks for the app info! That is all good know

We signed up for aurea which comes with a massage and the thermal pass, looking forward to relaxing in that area daily.

Still on the speciality dining fence, 

We were in YC, we had access to the thermal area but I don't believe we had a massage pass - or at least I hope not - I'd be pretty sad if I did and didnt use it 🙂  

The specialty dining was pretty expensive, at least in my mind. I was used to doing it on RC or NW and those were not too much - $20 a person or so. These were more than that, but we were also on the ship for Christmas. The steak place was an additional $100/person for Christmas dinner and around $40-50/person for non holidays . My favorite was actually the Pizza and I'm not really a pizza person 🙂 We had it delivered to our room a few times. It was also good in the buffet. The buffet was divided into a variety of selections, which was helpful. The chocolate bar was also good! They had very yummy ice cream 🙂  

Which ship are you going to be on? Where are you traveling to?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/4/2020 at 12:01 PM, susan0000 said:

We did the divina first, then we took the armonia to Cuba, our last one was the Meroviglia when it did it’s repositioning cruise and we picked it up in nyc and did 14 days. Loved it but we are a fan of the smaller ships. So we are going back on the armonia in March.

We did Seaside to Caribbean in December and are doing the new ship Seashore to Mediterranean in June 2021. This will be my first time in Mediterranean - super excited!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/10/2020 at 5:30 PM, KittyCruz said:

How do these boards work?  We are sailing the last week of February (first time on MSC) and I have lots of questions...

1. Does anyone have experience with or pictures of the 'tryptich' menus, love to know what the menu options are.

2. Booked 2 years ago and they switched drink packages on us and we want to know about how to get upgrade without absorbing all the costs- not huge drinkers but want options

3. Anyone had experience with the App?  We are going to wifi so not sure how it works

4. Has anyone tried the spa?  We get free massages with our room and again love to know what my options are and how easy it is to schedule

 

Thank you in advance + Ahoy

1. Beamafar posted the menus here:.  Look at the "dining experience" section.

2.  I don't understand this question:  how to get an upgrade without absorbing all the costs?  

3.  App is great.  It only works when you are connected to the ships wi-fi.  Through the app you are able to:

 

  • make reservations (shows, restaurant),
  • see the daily planner.  When you select activities, it goes into a personal calendar as well so you can see what you signed up or are interested in for that day.
  • maps (how to get to point A to point B)
  • message those you are "friends" with on the app.  Adding people to the your friends list is tricky though.

The only issue we had with the app is if you are disconnected from your internet, you will not get the messages or people cannot locate you.

4.   Massages are super easy to schedule.  They weren't the best we have had.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was wondering if anyone else had problems with the MSC website booking?

We have a cruise booked for October this year and we can't log into our booking at all. We've called and emailed repeatedly since last November with no resolution. The customer service agents confirm that we're booked, but they can't log in either. 

I'm just concerned and I can't seem to get any resolution on this.

Any ideas?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, COCruiser2 said:

I was wondering if anyone else had problems with the MSC website booking?

We have a cruise booked for October this year and we can't log into our booking at all. We've called and emailed repeatedly since last November with no resolution. The customer service agents confirm that we're booked, but they can't log in either. 

I'm just concerned and I can't seem to get any resolution on this.

Any ideas?

Did you book directly with MSC?  If not, see if your TA can access your booking online

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Av8tor said:

 

 

 Suggest you create a new topic for this problem here on MSC board and ask this using same language as this post.  I unfortunately don't have any suggestions BUT a lot of savvy MSC cruiser on here. I hope you get some help with this. It has to be so frustrating.

 

Csrolyn

Edited by Host Carolyn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance w/ Steve Dasseos of the TripInsuranceStore.com June 2020
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...