Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
IrishSmileyM3

HAL Renewal of Vows (ROV)

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, IrishSmileyM3 said:

 

Yes, HAL increased the ROV package a few weeks ago from $166.44 to $250 as they've added a few things to the package, which now includes the following items:

 

·         1 dozen Long Stemmed Red Roses (it used to be listed as "Flowers in the stateroom")

·         A special invitation to renewal of vows ceremony (same)
·         A reception with hors d’ oeuvres and beverages and cake (the cake is the new thing)
·         Keepsake Certificate (same)
·         Commemorative Album and 8x10 Photo (it used to be the 1 x 10x7 photo sheet)
·         Corsage (new)
·         Boutonniere (new)
·         Pinnacle Grill Dinner for Two (same)
·         Music provided by a string quartet (new)

 

They really added some nice perks to the package. We did this in 2016 on the Rotterdam for our 25th wedding anniversary. If was a very memorable experience (and a surprise gift for my wife).

28577003-0555-4E70-9858-526DE916AB53.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Lido deck main said:

Hi Irish,

From my Irish to another.  🙂  Thought I would include a couple of pictures from our ROV, the flowers that were in our room and also a picture of the cake, first time sending pictures so is a learning experience for me.  Anyhow, flowers in the room were there when we first arrived in cabin.  I switched out the sparkling wine for regular wine.  And then there is a picture of us with the cake.  I love the idea that you will get music provided by string quartet and sounds like you will get a dozen roses.  

Be sure to check back after your ROV.

Mary

 

Hi Mary,

Thanks for sharing, and adding pics (it worked!). And look at that stunning smile: you are radiating!!! Congratulations again.

 

20 hours ago, sailingdutchy said:

Wow it is getting better and better

 

Yes, I agree Tony!!!

 

 

49 days and we will be off!!! Excited about the whole cruise, and also on a 'girly' update, I've received my ROV dress and I've my fitting next week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/30/2019 at 6:58 PM, VMax1700 said:

If no one else updates with the full text then i will try to remember to do it when we get home (april 22nd).

 

Thought I'd loop back in case you were home and had the chance to look at these? 🤗 Thanks a mil!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Less than a week and we will embark, which is so exciting!

 

And, the cruise ship coordinator was able to find out our ROV date, so that I could book my hair appointment (I'm going to use the same hair clips I did when we got married!), and it is simply perfect, September 15th, it is!!!

 

We are packing this week, and flying to Seattle on Sunday ❄️💒❄️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, IrishSmileyM3 said:

 

Thought I'd loop back in case you were home and had the chance to look at these? 🤗 Thanks a mil!

I will do it this evening!  Promise! 🤞

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@IrishSmileyM3

Here are the print outs that you receive in the binder, along with the photographs!

Have a great cruise!

 

image.thumb.png.a2255a6e88caff98dd6e8f5b3b2c8006.png

 

Edited by VMax1700

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, VMax1700 said:

Here are the print outs that you receive in the binder, along with the photographs!

Have a great cruise!

 

Thank YOU so much for taking the time to share all of this!

 

👌👌👌👌👌👌👌

 

So exciting, 5 days and counting. Thanks again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/29/2019 at 9:23 PM, Lovely other said:

Does anyone have any idea as to what the ceremony wording is ?  I’ve booked us a cruise for our 10th Anniversary this year and was considering this but we wouldn’t want anything with any religion/god etc in our ceremony or vows 

 

 

I was just looking at the album they gave us so I have the vows handy:

 

The Captain:  On this occasion we are witnessing the reaffirmation of those vows of love made on your wedding day.  During the intervening years, you have lived through sickness and health, pain and pleasure, success and failure.  Because of your love for each other, you have persevered through the bright sunlight of the mountaintops and the depths of the sea.  Your love has brought you together to this joyous occasion where hand in hand you renew the vows of love and trust in each other.  You have come aboard the Amsterdam together to confirm to each other and make public, that your destinies shall be one and your joys shall not be known apart.

 

Your Renewal Vows:  I come once again before you to renew our vows of marriage.  I promise to be strong in my love, gentle in my care and unwavering in my trust.  In the name of all we have created together and all we are yet to become, I offer you my hand, as your partner, life time friend and companion.

 

And of course the famous toast:  Here's to good ships and wood ships, and ships that sail the seas. But the best ships are relationships and may yours always be!

 

We did this for out 40th and I'm hoping to be on a HAL ship next year to do our 50th.

 

Now I am a little weepy, it was a very beautiful ceremony-thank you Captain Fred Eversen.

 

St. Louis Sal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • It was great reading everyone's ROV experiences and seeing pictures.  They have definitely upped the price.  I would love to have the string quartet play, but we had the pianist from the piano bar (mind is blanking out on his name) and he played so beautifully, asked for our requests and he included "Somewhere My Love" which was our wedding dance.  We had appetizers, drinks and a cake. The only thing that seems different is, I don't remember getting a bouquet delivered to our cabin.  Besides the two pictures in our album, the party planner took a bunch with my camera so I have quite a collection!
  • St. Louis Sal

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, St. Louis Sal said:

Not very good at putting in photos, so I will see if this works.

 

 

image.thumb.png.6ff64c5cd2580095f9e38c7515388052.png

javascript:void('Font Size')

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Hi St. Louis Sal,

You two make a beautiful couple, wonderful picture for your 40th.  Congratulations on your upcoming 50th next year.  It is heartwarming to read about everyone’s stories and experiences.  I love this thread.  

Mary

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/4/2019 at 4:29 PM, IrishSmileyM3 said:

 

Thank YOU so much for taking the time to share all of this!

 

👌👌👌👌👌👌👌

 

So exciting, 5 days and counting. Thanks again.

 

 

I would like to wish the two of you a fantastic cruise and a wonderful ROV experience . It was nice chatting with you on this roll call and to find out also from you and others what the ROV was all about on board the HAL ships .

 

We just returned home from our Koningsdam cruise and the big surprise for my wife of 50 years went over just fantastic from the moment we walked into our cabin and she saw the flowers and found out what they were there for untill the ceremony on the last sea day . 

I can recommend this for all you cruisers that like to celebrate an anniversary to look into this .

Specially with our daughter on board  SIL and the grandsons who were witness to the ceremony  presided over by Captain Darin Bowland this was something we will remember and talk about for a long long time and the whole thing was very well done by the cruise line .

 

I hope these pictures will not be as large as they usually are , my appologeese if they are .

 

Tony and Martha :classic_biggrin::classic_biggrin:

69620638_10157514392159621_5059293027386785792_n.jpg

69795969_10157514391194621_2487174269298016256_n.jpg

69241332_10157514393469621_1308007997661773824_n.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you St. Louis Sal and Sailingdutchy (love the orange tie!) for posting your beautiful photos and to everyone for sharing their experiences. We will be sailing Zuiderdam on our anniversary next year and I am definitely doing this for my husband! 

 

IrishSmiley, I can't wait to hear about your experience! Have a wonderful cruise and ROV. 🙂

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, sailingdutchy said:

 

 

I would like to wish the two of you a fantastic cruise and a wonderful ROV experience . It was nice chatting with you on this roll call and to find out also from you and others what the ROV was all about on board the HAL ships .

 

We just returned home from our Koningsdam cruise and the big surprise for my wife of 50 years went over just fantastic from the moment we walked into our cabin and she saw the flowers and found out what they were there for untill the ceremony on the last sea day . 

I can recommend this for all you cruisers that like to celebrate an anniversary to look into this .

Specially with our daughter on board  SIL and the grandsons who were witness to the ceremony  presided over by Captain Darin Bowland this was something we will remember and talk about for a long long time and the whole thing was very well done by the cruise line .

 

I hope these pictures will not be as large as they usually are , my appologeese if they are .

 

Tony and Martha :classic_biggrin::classic_biggrin:

69620638_10157514392159621_5059293027386785792_n.jpg

69795969_10157514391194621_2487174269298016256_n.jpg

69241332_10157514393469621_1308007997661773824_n.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi SailingDutchy, Tony and Martha, beautiful pictures.  Tony, love it that you surprised your wife, you are husband of the year.  Wonderful for your family to witness this as well.  Tears and joy all around.  Congratulations to the both of you on your 50th wedding anniversary.  The Ontario water must have something special in it as you both look fantastic.  We had Captain Bowland while we were on Koningsdam as well, if I remember correctly he was originally from Ontario, your neck of the woods.

Mary

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Lido deck main said:

Hi SailingDutchy, Tony and Martha, beautiful pictures.  Tony, love it that you surprised your wife, you are husband of the year.  Wonderful for your family to witness this as well.  Tears and joy all around.  Congratulations to the both of you on your 50th wedding anniversary.  The Ontario water must have something special in it as you both look fantastic.  We had Captain Bowland while we were on Koningsdam as well, if I remember correctly he was originally from Ontario, your neck of the woods.

Mary

 

Thank you very much for your kind words Mary , it sure was tears of joy all around and very fine organization of HAL .

We very much appreciated the time that Captain Bowland  ( from St Andrews , New Brunswick  I believe  ) spend with us and than he had another 3 ceremonies after us and they were all done in private .

We had such a nice time after the ceremony talking with the captain that we forgot all about the treats they had for us but toasted with the champagne and afterwards went to the Tamarind for a very nice dinner together .

 

Tony :classic_biggrin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, @St. Louis Sal, thank you so much, and double wow, congratulations on your upcoming 50th year anniversary.

 

My husband and I have yet to reach such a milestone, yet, it has been on our minds and path from the very beginning, as we discussed this during our very first date, and talked about 50+ years. I still remember looking at him from across the dinner table and thinking, wow 😍 It was close to 20 years ago and I still remember that moment!

 

Appreciate you taking the time to copy the wording too; I had not seen that first paragraph from the Captain before and, ouh la la, if these are the words for ours, next week, I might lose it 😅 how beautiful and perfect, and we will hear these and relate so much and I cannot wait till next week!!!

 

How nice that you had someone take pics; that's the only thing I'm not sure how it will all go. On one hand, I want to be in the moment, but on the other one, I'd love to have lots of pics to hold and cherish for years to come, but as we will be by ourselves, not sure what will happen...

 

Your photo worked and, what a moment this captured: you two look SO in love and in sync with each other, it is beautiful.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/5/2019 at 11:32 AM, Lido deck main said:

 Hi St. Louis Sal,

You two make a beautiful couple, wonderful picture for your 40th.  Congratulations on your upcoming 50th next year.  It is heartwarming to read about everyone’s stories and experiences.  I love this thread.  

Mary

 

I was just thinking the same Mary -- this is (and not because I started it 😂) one of my FAV threads on here, so full of love and happiness. It has been amazing having so many people share their past ROVs and so many joining us and booking theirs!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another, WOW for you @sailingdutchy

 

Congratulations on your 50th!!!

 

Thank you for coming back to us and this thread and sharing your experience as well as these amazing pictures. Sounds like it was very special from start to finish, and you planning the whole thing, extra brownie points.

 

You two look dashing and knowing your beautiful wife did not know about it, wow, her outfit is perfect!!! And that tie, my Dutch husband has a very similar one -- he will wear it on Orange Party night next week.

 

It'd seem we might get a 'Cutting the cake' pic (well, if we get any pics), which we actually did not get on our wedding day, that'd be nice.

 

And, I love seeing her wrist corsage as I also requested one, with red roses.

 

Thank you so much.

 

And, thank you for your best wishes -- we are SO excited and packing right now, as we are flying on Sunday to Seattle and embarking on Monday. And, then, having our ROV on the Sunday that first cruise week, Sept 15th.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, flyrobinfly said:

We will be sailing Zuiderdam on our anniversary next year and I am definitely doing this for my husband! 

 

IrishSmiley, I can't wait to hear about your experience! Have a wonderful cruise and ROV. 🙂

 

How lovely, something extra special to look forward to!!!

 

Thank you 🤗 I will for sure come back and report on everything 😍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...