Solo on Symphony

Melsyboo14

It's not really SOLO, since I have friends on this sailing. They are boyfriend/girlfriend, so sharing a room with them is not an option. I have sailed solo in a cabin before on Oasis again with other friends on same sailing..That was a few years ago and I honestly forget how much I paid..This time around the price is currently going to be about 2000.00..It just seems so expensive to me but I really want to go! I check daily to see if the prices will go down, but when would be a good cutoff time to just go for it? Cruise is May 18th..I am not sure if they always sell out, but currently there is a good number of cabins left. Is it crazy to pay this much? What are others paying for their solo cruises? I understand different cruise lines have better deals, etc, but I am stuck to this particular one.

May 18th of this year (2019)? You're within the final payment date, so prices tend to drop a little if the cruise line is trying to sell cabins. What class of stateroom are you pricing? You could look at a lesser cabin (like an inside or oceanview if you were pricing balconies), that might save you a few dollars.

The other consideration when you put off booking, is whether or not you have to fly to your embarkation point. If you wait too close to sail date to book airfare, it's likely to be much more expensive. So while the cruise price might be lower, there's a chance you're making up for the difference with the air.

I've noticed that RCL's megaships do not often have great deals, even close to sailing.  I'm going on Symphony in September and went on Allure last August (both with family but I had my own cabin).  I love this class of ship and I'm doing a solo trip on Oasis next March.  I was tempted to wait to book but then I checked in January to see if there were any deals for March of this year and there weren't.

Also, keep in mind that Symphony is pretty new and the new megaships are even less likely to have good deals.  I booked my September trip last month, hoping for a virtual balcony but those cabins were sold out.  So I booked an interior, mid-ship, and I'm fine with it.

2 hours ago, watson61 said:

I've noticed that RCL's megaships do not often have great deals, even close to sailing.  I'm going on Symphony in September and went on Allure last August (both with family but I had my own cabin).  I love this class of ship and I'm doing a solo trip on Oasis next March.  I was tempted to wait to book but then I checked in January to see if there were any deals for March of this year and there weren't.

Also, keep in mind that Symphony is pretty new and the new megaships are even less likely to have good deals.  I booked my September trip last month, hoping for a virtual balcony but those cabins were sold out.  So I booked an interior, mid-ship, and I'm fine with it.

I think I am just going to bite the bullet and go...I mean you only live once..I will have friends onboard so I won't be alone. I just got back from the Allure in early March and I miss being on the sea! I am also Diamond now so that will save me on some drinks and also airfare is free with my points~!

• 3 weeks later...

Might be a good idea to join the roll call for your sail date and attend the meet and mingle event to meet a few others onboard.  Your friends may need alone time and you will at least have a few acquaintances on board that way.