Live on harmony 3/29-4/7/19

Thanks for your review.  We're boarding on Sunday.  Can you please let me know if beverages are available from the Suite Lounge during the day?  I've heard/seen conflicting stories about this.  We've sailed on Oasis/Allure in GS and was able to get soda, etc during the day from the SL.

Thanks!

55 minutes ago, Chris_nj said:

Thanks for your review.  We're boarding on Sunday.  Can you please let me know if beverages are available from the Suite Lounge during the day?  I've heard/seen conflicting stories about this.  We've sailed on Oasis/Allure in GS and was able to get soda, etc during the day from the SL.

Thanks!

Yes beer wine soda 11-11 mixed drinks for  4:30-8... or later if they like you

Today’s report.   Off the ship at st Thomas, walked around and made a small investment in their tourist economy.  Perfect weather  back on ship for a short nap before dinner at 150 CP.... comped by our TA I had scallops appetizer and tenderloin entree, very good... DW had salad and backed cod... I also had their cucumber martini- very refreshing  I skate  is to nights entertainment .... while having drinks in the SL. The hotel director comes in , Irfan... walks up to me a days how you doing Barry.... I met him during the M&M. Surprised he remembered my name he wanted to to know what I thought of The services... after we getback to room and a glass block of harmony is greeting us. Tomorrow is st Maarten... we are doing an am bus tour, check out some stores and sail away on the helipad.... not much going on entertainment wise tomorrow.... having been on the ship a few times recently we’ve seen them

11 hours ago, sisocialworker said:

Yes beer wine soda 11-11 mixed drinks for  4:30-8... or later if they like you

Is there a bartender for the beer, wine, soda or is it serve yourself?  

I have 3 GS's 1 JS and 1 BWB booked for November 19 for 12 adults.  From what you posted it seems like the 8 of us booked in GS's can enjoy beer or wine from 11 to 11.  Is that correct?

1 hour ago, Snit13 said:

Is there a bartender for the beer, wine, soda or is it serve yourself?  

I have 3 GS's 1 JS and 1 BWB booked for November 19 for 12 adults.  From what you posted it seems like the 8 of us booked in GS's can enjoy beer or wine from 11 to 11.  Is that correct?

Yes you all enjoy 

7 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

Bartender

Forgot to ask if there is a charge for beer & wine outside the "Happy Hour" time?  I know this is probably a dumb question but can't imagine drinking for free 11 to 11.  I presume regular ship prices apply.  Prior cruises we might split a beer at lunch and then enjoy Diamond Lounge until time for dinner.

5 minutes ago, Snit13 said:

Forgot to ask if there is a charge for beer & wine outside the "Happy Hour" time?  I know this is probably a dumb question but can't imagine drinking for free 11 to 11.  I presume regular ship prices apply.  Prior cruises we might split a beer at lunch and then enjoy Diamond Lounge until time for dinner.

In the SLbeer wine soda is free from 11-11 but only in the SL. Unlimited select cocktails 4:30-8pmin the SL

19 minutes ago, sisocialworker said:

Well kinda free. Let’s just say it’s included with the price of select suites or if pinnacle, with loyalty of many paid past cruises 

Select suites ?????

I hate to break it to you, but nothing was "made for special for you" ..  that cake came on frozen from Sysco and he just customized your plate ..  and all the other stuff was just assembled from things already on hand.   No one is THAT "VIP" that some chef is back there in some special kitchen preparing special request things to order.   Especially on a ship that holds 6,000+ pax.

Edited by F27TW
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, F27TW said:

I hate to break it to you, but nothing was "made for special for you" ..  that cake came on frozen from Sysco and he just customized your plate ..  and all the other stuff was just assembled from things already on hand.   No one is THAT "VIP" that some chef is back there in some special kitchen preparing special request things to order.   Especially on a ship that holds 6,000+ pax.

I disagree.  I have had items made for me on Celebrity.   Have sailed with a couple on Celebrity who had special food every night of cruise as they never ate in MDR.  They had dining package but it was still made for them and them only.

Edited by Snit13

13 hours ago, F27TW said:

You know, sisocialworker is having a great cruise.  They are feeling special and the CK staff is really working to make it so.  Do you really have to come up with this post in some attempt to...what?  Bring them down?  Come on.  Who really cares if it's "other stuff was just assembled from things already on hand?'"  It's making their cruise very special to them.  Can't you just let them have that? 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, papaflamingo said:

You know, sisocialworker is having a great cruise.  They are feeling special and the CK staff is really working to make it so.  Do you really have to come up with this post in some attempt to...what?  Bring them down?  Come on.  Who really cares if it's "other stuff was just assembled from things already on hand?'"  It's making their cruise very special to them.  Can't you just let them have that? 

100% agree with that. No reason to rain on someone's parade like that. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, F27TW said:

Imagine being this curmudgeonly

14 hours ago, F27TW said:

You hate to tell me... I realize they didn’t go shopping for special food. And used existing provisions to assemble dishes. But the dishes made for us are not available anywhere else on the ship he day it was made for us.... when was the last time you saw Philippine peanut beef   Hope your cruises are as fine as mine

• Like 3

Yesterday update  at st Maarten. We had a bus tour morning excursion. We get out and it’s canceled the bus broke down... third world experience, no back up bus for this company  we booked through royal so no problem ended up walking around, enjoying great weather on a nice island. We went to schooner bar for trivia on broadway shows got 10 out of 15, first 6 in a row. Had a good time with a group of stranger friends at our table and some drinks. Life is great. Dinner in CK great hamachi appetizer and veal chop. A few drinks walked around and bed. Tomorrow is PRfor half a day

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sisocialworker said:

You hate to tell me... I realize they didn’t go shopping for special food. And used existing provisions to assemble dishes. But the dishes made for us are not available anywhere else on the ship he day it was made for us.... when was the last time you saw Philippine peanut beef   Hope your cruises are as fine as mine

Don't let F27TW get to you.  Jealousy or something.  We are doing Harmony in Sep. in a Crown Loft.  You are making me very excited about the cruise and I'm really looking forward to it thanks to your positive and great experience.  Keep up the great reviews!   

Edited by papaflamingo