Needing Hotel Suggestions For San Juan

notredamegirl

On ‎3‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 6:20 PM, Ashland said:

Agree...We've sailed out of the Pan American pier (RCI) a couple of times and have enjoyed the location of the Sheraton Old San Juan and will book again for our pre-cruise in 2021.

How far away is the Pan American pier from the Sheraton Old San Juan.  We are sailing Celebrity.

12 hours ago, kag19 said:

How far away is the Pan American pier from the Sheraton Old San Juan.  We are sailing Celebrity.

And approx an $18.00 taxi which will be lined up at the door of the Sheraton...The doorman might even ask if you want to share with another couple in line going to the same port. We've seen this situation a couple of times....Enjoy your cruise.

10 hours ago, Ashland said:

And approx an $18.00 taxi which will be lined up at the door of the Sheraton...The doorman might even ask if you want to share with another couple in line going to the same port. We've seen this situation a couple of times....Enjoy your cruise.

Thank you!  We have a group going so doubling up won't be an issue! :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 4/8/2019 at 4:10 PM, pdc2013 said:

If you have never stayed in Old San Juan try it, next time stay at the beach.  Both great ways to spend your time in SJ
Sheraton, Casa Blanca and el convento are great or try renting an apt.

Have you ever rented thru Airbnb or VRBO ? Any recommendation?

17 hours ago, Badger Bob 1947 said:

Have you ever rented thru Airbnb or VRBO ? Any recommendation?

Yes i have and got sooo lucky with a 1 bedroom penthouse in Old San Juan.  The only thing i would say with staying in Old San Juans apt is you can have issues with wifi ( thick walls) water pressure etc.  If these things are 100% of importance to you then stay in a hotel. Remember it is an old city re built over and over again. Everything also depends what time of year and 1 day stays are obviously more expensive. I once stayed for a week in old town and went looking at many apts, they are all mostly similar it just comes down to what part of town you want to stay in.  Very safe!

• 3 months later...
On 3/29/2019 at 4:12 PM, llarsen said:

Hi,

We have always stayed at the Sheraton Old San Juan, and have just walked across to our ship in past when it has docked there.

This time we are going over Thanksgiving weekend and Sheraton was fully booked. We booked El Canario By The Lagoon. Haven't stayed there yet, but it seems to fit and had good reviews. 

We have also stayed in the Condado area, but we like Old San Juan better. So much to do, including the Fort El Morro.

If your ship is docking at Pan Am Pier you would need to take a taxi if you stay in Old San Juan. But in our opinion...it's well worth it. We love Old San Juan. 

Hi! I would like to hear if you were happy with the El Canario - we're booked to stay there in May 2020.

40 minutes ago, itsalljimmysfault said:

Hi! Sailing Celebrity and staying at Tres Palmas. Anybody know how far that is from Pan Am Pier and how much a taxi will be? Thanks!

Sorry....wrong question. Trying to find out how much for taxi from airport to Tres Palmas........sorry! Probably wrong thread too! LOL!!

On 12/30/2019 at 10:59 AM, pjpu said:

Hi! I would like to hear if you were happy with the El Canario - we're booked to stay there in May 2020.

Hi sorry for the delay.

I had booked El Canario because the Hotels in Old San Juan (in our price range for our date) only had No Refundable rooms.  

But right before our trip I realized we would have to taxi into Old San Juan from the El Canario hotel, so I switched to Hotel Milano (no refundable) and was happy with it. 

Sorry I can't help on El Canario. It looked like a nice hotel. But we wanted to be in Old San Juan so the switch was worth it for us.

On 12/30/2019 at 3:54 PM, itsalljimmysfault said:

Hi! Sailing Celebrity and staying at Tres Palmas. Anybody know how far that is from Pan Am Pier and how much a taxi will be? Thanks!

Hi, We've never stayed in that area but we took a taxi from our hotel in Old San Juan to Plaza Las Americas to find an old gentleman (99yrs old) who used to play in OSJ but now plays at the mall everyday! (And we found him!)

The distance on Google Maps looks to be about the same as Tres Palmas to Pan Am Pier and our taxi was $20.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/29/2019 at 12:12 PM, rsabridget said:

We are coming in the day before our cruise in October and am looking for a beach front hotel.  Any suggestions?  

OOOOPS! I see you have already been on your cruise! Never mind!

We have often stayed at the Marriott Stellaris Resort in Condado. It has a gorgeous pool and beach. It is a taxi ride to OSJ, but for us, a perfect spot to be pre and post cruise.

Edited by IBookHePays