LIVE From The Flower Power Cruise: Peace, Love & Rock & Roll On The Infinity

vtcruising

1 hour ago, vtcruising said:

I was just looking at this post and saw this picture attached. I have no idea why that is there - must have been brain dead after a long day at work. 😉

It does make me want to have a glass of wine!

I assumed it was a subliminal message😉. Plan your FP cruise....have some wine....book your FP cruise. It worked so well that DH is enjoying a chocolate stout, while I sip a nice Bordeaux. Cheers😜🍷

Edited by Silkroad

1 minute ago, Silkroad said:

I assumed it was a subliminal message. Plan your FP cruise....have some wine....book your FP cruise. It worked so well that DH is enjoying a chocolate stout, while I sip a nice Bordeaux. Cheers😜🍷

Ooh, that sounds good!  😎

• 3 weeks later...

They decided not to do the 2nd 5-day Flower Power Cruise from 3/23-3/28 next year. This was the explanation:

"The short planning window also posed some additional unforeseen logistical challenges. This is also why we only asked you to register for a pre-sale event instead of taking bookings in advance of having the full plan in place. We would never want to take your money without knowing for certain that we had the full 5 day experience locked in. We have spent years with you building up the Flower Power Cruise community and everyone knows there is no party like a Flower Power Cruise party. In the end, we decided, we would rather cancel an attempt at a five-day cruise that might not be up to our normal standards than risk disappointing our most loyal guests."

Sorry for those who were looking forward to booking next week! 😞

Thanking the OP for this post. I had no idea they did these music themed based cruises. Tried to get in on the flower power cruise next year but it sold out before I saw this thread. I did manage to book the Rock and Romance cruise however. Looks to be a good time as well.

Let me ask one question...Do the Captain's Club perks apply on these cruises?  We are elite, just wondering if the elite perks apply?

Edited by mac66

3 hours ago, mac66 said:

Thanking the OP for this post. I had no idea they did these music themed based cruises. Tried to get in on the flower power cruise next year but it sold out before I saw this thread. I did manage to book the Rock and Romance cruise however. Looks to be a good time as well.

Let me ask one question...Do the Captain's Club perks apply on these cruises?  We are elite, just wondering if the elite perks apply?

I've heard that the Rock and Romance cruise is good!  For CC perks, you can purchase things like internet packages ahead of time with discounts, you will have an elite line for check in (or at least we did) and you will get points for your cruise, but that's it. The CC hostess may even have the week off (she did on one of ours) so no CC events, no laundry benefits, no free gelato, etc.

Star Vista will give you freebies most nights (t-shirt, hat, tote and other goodies - there was something on our beds every night except the last one, I believe). They do have one party with free drinks, otherwise you will need to purchase your own (unless in a suite and you have Michael's Club). A charter works differently so we have learned to live without the CC benefits. We were dirty hippies and didn't send out any laundry this time! 😉

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

I found this post as I was researching the Rock & Romance cruise, which I'm considering taking if I can somehow find room.  Flower Power is just a little before my time... ☹️

Thanks to vtcruising for the pictures and the thorough review, and a special thanks to George C for his comments.

18 minutes ago, Honolulu Blue said:

I found this post as I was researching the Rock & Romance cruise, which I'm considering taking if I can somehow find room.  Flower Power is just a little before my time... ☹️

Thanks to vtcruising for the pictures and the thorough review, and a special thanks to George C for his comments.

sad news I heard  vtcrusing passed away , never met her but always enjoyed he posts.

rock and romance just announced there lineup for 2021 it’s in February and I am sure they will be adding more acts .

• Like 2

So sorry to hear that vtcruising passed away.  I loved reading her reports on the Edge before we sailed last year.  Reading her Flower Power Cruise report is the reason I signed up for FPC 2020. Sad we won't be able to meet her.  RIP vtcruising.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, George C said:

sad news I heard  vtcrusing passed away , never met her but always enjoyed he posts.

rock and romance just announced there lineup for 2021 it’s in February and I am sure they will be adding more acts .

I'm sorry to hear that.  

As for the R&R 2021 cruise lineup, I'll make a post in the theme cruises section discussing it shortly.  Please join me there.  And I hope you have a great time on your upcoming Rock & Romance Cruise!

Edited by Honolulu Blue

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/29/2020 at 1:59 PM, George C said:

So sorry to hear that vtcruising passed away.  I stumbled upon this thread when looking for some more info on Infinity.  I noticed one of your posts and thought, "wait, that's George C from my Rock and Romance cruise!"

It's always sad when you get to know someone from their post here on Cruise Critic and then they are gone.  There have been many that I hoped to cruise with someday and never had the chance.

RIP, vtcruising.

St. Louis Sal 

• Like 1