Royal Up as a Solo

Hi folks,

I will be sailing on Ovation OTS Sydney to NZ round trip in December as a solo (in a studio balcony cabin). I understand that if I get the Royal Up offer email I will be charged double for the bidding. I would like to hear the experiences of other Sydney Solos in regards to Royal Up - how your upgrade turned out, accepted bids, not accepted bids, etc.

I have a feeling I would just be better off staying in my shoebox cabin on deck six - at least the balcony is quite spacious considering the inside of the cabin. Still curious to know how it turned out for others.

Thanks.

On 3/30/2019 at 11:29 AM, Mike From Syd said:

Hi folks,

I will be sailing on Ovation OTS Sydney to NZ round trip in December as a solo (in a studio balcony cabin). I understand that if I get the Royal Up offer email I will be charged double for the bidding. I would like to hear the experiences of other Sydney Solos in regards to Royal Up - how your upgrade turned out, accepted bids, not accepted bids, etc.

I have a feeling I would just be better off staying in my shoebox cabin on deck six - at least the balcony is quite spacious considering the inside of the cabin. Still curious to know how it turned out for others.

Thanks.

That Royal up is a pretty new thing mike especially in Australia.

If I were you I would stay with the shoe box on deck 6.

Obviously you picked that cabin and you are happy.

with a upgrade you can’t pick the cabin and once you accept it you can’t change it. 

I’ve been on the ovation a few times and the cabins are identical,even a junior suite isn’t that different,

last time we had a cheap obstructed cabin on deck 6 because we were on a budget .it was one of our favourite cruises and Deck 6 is now one of our favourite decks 

To the upside, you can customise bids for whichever categories you are interested in, e.g if you only want suites and the bid range suits your budget you can bid on that, comfortable that you won't waste money on an equivalent balcony (if that's the case).

It's a purely subjective, and chance, thing though. What suits one won't suit another, as are budgets, and also availability. So just bid if it appeals.

21 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

That Royal up is a pretty new thing mike especially in Australia.

If I were you I would stay with the shoe box on deck 6.

Obviously you picked that cabin and you are happy.

with a upgrade you can’t pick the cabin and once you accept it you can’t change it. 

I’ve been on the ovation a few times and the cabins are identical,even a junior suite isn’t that different,

last time we had a cheap obstructed cabin on deck 6 because we were on a budget .it was one of our favourite cruises and Deck 6 is now one of our favourite decks 

Thank you . We are sailing on Quantum in a couple of weeks in an obstructed on deck six. I have been worried about my decision. You have allayed my fears a bit.

11 minutes ago, cruiselover53 said:

Thank you . We are sailing on Quantum in a couple of weeks in an obstructed on deck six. I have been worried about my decision. You have allayed my fears a bit.

Your welcome.

Deck 6 has a lot going for it .theres a door into 270 ,one flight of stairs from the promenade and if you like to leave your cabin door open you can hear the ocean.

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

Your welcome.

Deck 6 has a lot going for it .theres a door into 270 ,one flight of stairs from the promenade and if you like to leave your cabin door open you can hear the ocean.

Please don't tell everyone.🤐