Dance floor

ukellie

11 minutes ago, ukellie said:

Hi can anyone who has sailed on the new Iona let me know if there is a dedicated dance floor used for ballroom dancing 

thank you

ellie 

Tried to delete this as I have just realised Iona hasn’t yet done her maiden voyage blonde moment 

20 minutes ago, ukellie said:

Tried to delete this as I have just realised Iona hasn’t yet done her maiden voyage blonde moment 

As you say Iona hasn’t been launched yet and her first cruises are not due to start until May 2020.

However, I would also like to know if there will be opportunities for ballroom dancing on a suitable floor and not in the atrium as on some other P&O ships.

I think I remember seeing in some previous Iona information that there will be ballroom dancing instructions available during sea day’s so that sounds hopeful.

I can't see anywhere that there is a dedicated place like the Crystal Rooms on Britannia, which we love, even though we don't dance. 

I would expect the ballroom dancing instruction will take place during the day in one of the show bars as it does on some other ships, but that's only a guess.

Andy

I would expect that they might intend using the Atrium, like they do on Azura and Ventura, with the popularity of dancing on P&O I cannot see why they would not have some arrangements for organised dancing. 

Although the waiters are never kept busy by dancers, who seem to prefer the free iced water to expensive cocktails.:classic_rolleyes: so that might be influencing P&O's thinking.

2 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

I would expect that they might intend using the Atrium, like they do on Azura and Ventura, with the popularity of dancing on P&O I cannot see why they would not have some arrangements for organised dancing. 

Although the waiters are never kept busy by dancers, who seem to prefer the free iced water to expensive cocktails.:classic_rolleyes: so that might be influencing P&O's thinking.

I think you should rephrase to "some dancers."

I can assure you that not all dancers are tea total especially when dancing socially.😉

We and our dancing companions enjoy a drink or three whilst enjoying our dancing and it is one of the things that we enjoy about our cruising experience. 🍻  🍺🥂 🍸  😃

There's a Limelight Club.  Wouldn't they have dancing in there?  We went in there on Britannia (after the show) and there were people dancing.  My friend danced with the male dance teacher.  Amazing bloke, didn't appear to have any bones in his body!!

This is what is on a major Yorkshire based TA's website:

"The Limelight club. Exclusively for adults, it’s also a hotspot for dancing, with daytime classes and hosted dancing events."

That's where they are hosting the Strictly events they have just announced, so they could mean these events and the every night dancing could be elsewhere, it's difficult to know?

Will miss Harlequins when Oriana is gone 😭

28 minutes ago, joeholiday2 said:

This is what is on a major Yorkshire based TA's website:

"The Limelight club. Exclusively for adults, it’s also a hotspot for dancing, with daytime classes and hosted dancing events."

That's where they are hosting the Strictly events they have just announced, so they could mean these events and the every night dancing could be elsewhere, it's difficult to know?

Will miss Harlequins when Oriana is gone 😭

Thank you, that’s interesting information.

Although, as you know The Limelight Club will probably be used in the evenings for dining and as a show venue.

Yes, we will miss Harlequins but Aurora’s Carmen’s is also one of our favourites.🙂

3 hours ago, besberry said:

There's a Limelight Club.  Wouldn't they have dancing in there?  We went in there on Britannia (after the show) and there were people dancing.  My friend danced with the male dance teacher.  Amazing bloke, didn't appear to have any bones in his body!!

Good shout, it would make good use of the venue.

I am surprised they use it on Britannia when they have the Crystal Rooms which is dedicated to dancing.

Andy

My understanding, from the regular Dance Instructors on Britannia, is that there is no Ballroom Dancing on Iona. There is no dance floor and the Atrium is not suitable. Apparently they may do things like Salsa classes during the day.