Divina March cruise to Bahamas will it be all spring break?

missemo12345

Hello we just returned from NCL Epic that sailed in March it was totally packed with spring breakers....I know March is common for this but it is the only time we can sail. We are now looking at Divina ( to Bahamas ) end of march my thoughts are do many spring breakers cruise on MSC? We might possibly be able to go in February so thinking of this also... Please share your thoughts.

Thank you very much

Be aware that the Holistic Holiday at Sea program have chartered Divina for the last 2 years around this time.  It was for 15th February 2018 and 3rd March 2019 sailings (we were booked on the latter but cancelled when we read of how many would be on and the negative experiences people had from the 2018 cruise).

9 hours ago, missemo12345 said:

Hello we just returned from NCL Epic that sailed in March it was totally packed with spring breakers....I know March is common for this but it is the only time we can sail. We are now looking at Divina ( to Bahamas ) end of march my thoughts are do many spring breakers cruise on MSC? We might possibly be able to go in February so thinking of this also... Please share your thoughts.

Thank you very much

Feb. is much better.

We cruised in mid-March, no spring breakers on MSC. The other ships in port were loaded with them. Fun to watch the drunks. One even was trying to board our ship and security kept telling him he was on the wrong ship!

so evidently MSC is as of March 2019 “undiscovered”. 

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, CruisingFox27 said:

Could someone explain what a 'spring breaker' is? Although I've no idea, it sounds like someone thing I'd like to miss!

A 'spring breaker' is a youth out of high school or college during the spring holiday break.....often 1st or 2nd time let loose without a parent, early exposure to booze. Bear in mind minimum age in US is 21 and not 18.

The real problem is the plural derivitive of same, when they congregate i.e. 'spring breakerS'....def something you'd want to miss!

We have seen this in the US, on the Ft Lauderdale beach but thankfully never on a ship.....it was not a pretty sight.

Edited by hamrag
  • Thanks 1

It's not just older kids...Most schools have a week break in the spring, usually close to Easter, but earlier ig Easter is particularly late.  So that means lots of families with younger kids, too.  EM

4 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

It's not just older kids...Most schools have a week break in the spring, usually close to Easter, but earlier ig Easter is particularly late.  So that means lots of families with younger kids, too.  EM

Indeed, my explanation was in relation to drunks referenced in an earlier post.