Pursuit Club World Owners Suite

papa B me

Has anyone stayed in the Club World Owners Suite on the Pursuit?  If so, can you help me with some questions?

#1. Does it have a half bath?  I was previously booked in this suite on Journey but had to cancel.  I know they took the half bath out on the Journey.  But a few pictures I've seen and the layout looks like there is a half bath on the pursuit.

#2.  It appears the mini bar is complimentary.  Is this just sodas and water or does it include beer as well

#3. Are the balconies on deck 6 slightly deeper then on decks 7 or 8?

#4. Does Azamara still have the special dinner in the Library for the Owners suite guests?

#5.  Can you order from any restaurant for room service or just a room service menu?

#6. When you make your dining reservations when you board is it best to make them through the Butler or directly?

#7. Is there reserved seating for suite guests at the shows?

#8. I read another thread that Azamara now assigns embarkation times.  Is that true of suites as well.  On the website it says priority embarkation/debarkation.  What does that actually mean?

Sorry for so many questions.  I just reserved suite 6091 for a cruise next year.  It is almost an identical cruise that I had reserved for last year on the Journey and had to cancel.  So excited about this cruise and trying to figure out what has change since my planning a couple of years ago and the differences with the Pursuit.  Any other thoughts or suggestions on the Club World Owners Suite is greatly appreciated.

1.  Toilet and basin separate and main bathroom. Main has no bath, just large shower. 

2.  4 half bottles of spirit. Beer no. You'll get a bottle of Perrier Jouer champagne on arrival. 

3.  6 is deeper than 7 which is deeper than 8. It's noticeable, but not hugely different. 

4.  Yes. 

5.  As with all cabins you can order from the main dining room too. Ask your butler to deliver the menu for you. In the big suites you shouldn't have an issue with orders from specialties, but for me that's a waste because it's nice to go there for tableside service. 

6.  Either. 

7.  No, but not really necessary. You'll be fine. 

8.  Pick a time and there will be a separate suite queue. I normally arrive midday and get on pretty quickly. The assigned time is a new thing, but small ship you won't have a problem. 

Phil 

• Like 1

Ive been in 6088 and 6091 (my favourites because of the balcony size) and it really depends upon the itinerary and how fast you need to go at certain stages of it. If they use three engines to go more than say 15-16 knots you will feel quite a bit of rumble on 6. I did a Suez cruise where there were a few days at faster speed and there was quite a bit of vibration.  I've also done some itineraries where it was minimal. 

Phil 

Edited by excitedofharpenden
  • Like 1

On 4/1/2019 at 4:20 AM, excitedofharpenden said:

1.  Toilet and basin separate and main bathroom. Main has no bath, just large shower. 

2.  4 half bottles of spirit. Beer no. You'll get a bottle of Perrier Jouer champagne on arrival. 

3.  6 is deeper than 7 which is deeper than 8. It's noticeable, but not hugely different. 

4.  Yes. 

5.  As with all cabins you can order from the main dining room too. Ask your butler to deliver the menu for you. In the big suites you shouldn't have an issue with orders from specialties, but for me that's a waste because it's nice to go there for tableside service. 

6.  Either. 

7.  No, but not really necessary. You'll be fine. 

8.  Pick a time and there will be a separate suite queue. I normally arrive midday and get on pretty quickly. The assigned time is a new thing, but small ship you won't have a problem. 

Phil 

Phil is the expert!

• Like 2

Having recently completed a cruise in a Club World on deck 8 I discovered another advantage of no bar on the sunset veranda - the lack of noise from above. We met people who sailed in 6091 who said they would never do it again due to the vibration and noise they experienced.

6 hours ago, Belfastman said:

Having recently completed a cruise in a Club World on deck 8 I discovered another advantage of no bar on the sunset veranda - the lack of noise from above. We met people who sailed in 6091 who said they would never do it again due to the vibration and noise they experienced.

Just had 6091 from Buenos Aires to Rio , agree with Phil but don’t have the same opinion as Belfastman’s friends. Noise or vibration didn’t affect us on this itinerary but we’re good sleepers too.

Edited by aussie travel bird

On 4/11/2019 at 8:15 PM, Belfastman said:

Not only is there no bar on the Sunset Verandah, but that area on Pursuit now does not open until (officially) 7.30am or (in practice) later, even when breakfast starts at 7am, as a result of complaints from some of those booking suites below the area.

Apparently the same change will occur also on Journey & Quest.

One must wonder whether similar consideration might be given to those in suites below the pool deck and the open area on deck 5 who are regularly woken by the noise of setting up deck chairs and cleaning those areas as early as 5.30am?

4 minutes ago, Baynanno1 said:

Not only is there no bar on the Sunset Verandah, but that area on Pursuit now does not open until (officially) 7.30am or (in practice) later, even when breakfast starts at 7am, as a result of complaints from some of those booking suites below the area.

Apparently the same change will occur also on Journey & Quest.

One must wonder whether similar consideration might be given to those in suites below the pool deck and the open area on deck 5 who are regularly woken by the noise of setting up deck chairs and cleaning those areas as early as 5.30am?

Trish, I believe it varies. I don't think there is a standard (that I am aware of). If the occupants of the aft facing cabins complain about it then they will be more restrictive on the hours. Also it does depend on itinerary. Antarctica on Pursuit and the back deck was closed for most of the cruise. 

I had 8070 once and there was quite a bit of noise from chair scraping. I vowed not to be directly under the windows outside again. Same with other deck 8 cabins if I have one. I pick my spot (one reason I'll not take part in the LCV upgrade bidding process).  I appreciate that everyone's tolerance to noise is different.  I just know what I can take!

Phil 

4 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Trish, I believe it varies. I don't think there is a standard (that I am aware of). If the occupants of the aft facing cabins complain about it then they will be more restrictive on the hours. Also it does depend on itinerary. Antarctica on Pursuit and the back deck was closed for most of the cruise. 

I had 8070 once and there was quite a bit of noise from chair scraping. I vowed not to be directly under the windows outside again. Same with other deck 8 cabins if I have one. I pick my spot (one reason I'll not take part in the LCV upgrade bidding process).  I appreciate that everyone's tolerance to noise is different.  I just know what I can take!

Phil 

Phil, as an early riser I loved sitting out on "the back deck" in the morning, especially during sail in to various ports.

On the first morning (and each subsequent morning) of our recent cruise, there were signs stating the Sunset Verandah would be open at 7.30 with an apology for any inconvenience.

When I enquired, I was told pretty much what I wrote in the first two paragraphs of my post above.

I know weather affects access to all open areas, as it did on the last couple of days cruising to Lisbon.

1 hour ago, Baynanno1 said:

Phil, as an early riser I loved sitting out on "the back deck" in the morning, especially during sail in to various ports.

On the first morning (and each subsequent morning) of our recent cruise, there were signs stating the Sunset Verandah would be open at 7.30 with an apology for any inconvenience.

When I enquired, I was told pretty much what I wrote in the first two paragraphs of my post above.

I know weather affects access to all open areas, as it did on the last couple of days cruising to Lisbon.

Yes, I was on that Antarctica cruise and I like sitting on the Sunset veranda at 7am with a cup or two of tea.  And, yes, it was closed until 7:30.  We were in the deck 8 portside Owner's suite and, for some reason (different chair feet? more or deeper grooves in the decking?), the moving of chairs made more noise than we remembered on the other ships.  My suggestion was nylon glides on the chairs but it looks like it's going to stay the way it is.

• Like 1