Cafe Select Coffee Card

Does anyone have any current information about the Cafe Select Coffee card available for purchase? Specifically, do drinks still have to be small to only use one punch at a time? Also, can it be used in the dining room and specialty restaurants? Any information appreciated!

2 minutes ago, kfleck76 said:

Does anyone have any current information about the Cafe Select Coffee card available for purchase? Specifically, do drinks still have to be small to only use one punch at a time? Also, can it be used in the dining room and specialty restaurants? Any information appreciated!

The policy varies, maybe by ship, maybe minute to minute as they decide what they can get away with.

As far as I know, the pre-cruise and onboard price is the same, so I suggest you purchase onboard after asking them exactly what their policy will be during your cruise.  

• Thanks 1

i would like to know if anyone has purchased the coffee select card and used it on the Allure of the seas??? I want to purchase it. I do not like to argue with buresta about the fact it says any speciality coffee and 15 of them. So i would really like to know if anyone has used the card on allure of the seas for specifically frappuccino. That's my choice of speciality coffee. I like a cappuccino frappe with whipped topping and chocolate drizzle. I was on the oasis of the seas a few months ago and had no problem ordering this . I just want to make sure before i buy it in my cruise planner. I do not want to wait until i get on the ship to order.

On 3/31/2019 at 3:43 PM, Host Clarea said:

The policy varies, maybe by ship, maybe minute to minute as they decide what they can get away with.

As far as I know, the pre-cruise and onboard price is the same, so I suggest you purchase onboard after asking them exactly what their policy will be during your cruise.  

i get what your saying but it's not fair. If they advertise something they should stand by the advertisement . And who knows maybe you'll get on the ship with another sign that says something totally different then what you agreed to when you purchased it in the cruise planner. And then they would have to honor what you paid for. the policy should not vary if you buy it on the cruise planner you are buying for that particular cruise. All advertised inclusions should apply for the ship your purchasing it for.

On 3/31/2019 at 3:43 PM, Host Clarea said:

Actually i can't believe we are still having this conversation about the coffee select card. By now they should have this right . I was oasis a few months back bought my card online and had no problem ordering my coffee of choice. But there still seems to be confusion about this same subject. i don't like to argue with the buresta and don't like to be embarrassed or be a P.I.T.A. But really they should all be on the same page if they advertise the product with the words ANY 15 SPECIALITY COFFEES. Don't you think

3 hours ago, the mistral wind said:

...  But really they should all be on the same page if they advertise the product with the words ANY 15 SPECIALITY COFFEES. Don't you think

Yes, I agree with you, but this is Royal Caribbean, and it's in their corporate culture to try to interpret ambiguous wording (which they create on purpose) to their advantage. 

On Allure last October it was one punch no matter what size you ordered.  It may vary sailing to sailing - or how nice you are to your barista from the get go 😉  I have only had one time where they have used more than one punch for a specialty coffee and that was on Rhapsody.

If you don't use the entire card on your sailing, hang on to it.  It took me 3 sailings to finally get the last punch.

• Like 1

Yes indeed it varies.  On two recent sailings I was told they had received a letter from Miami stating no more frappes for any amount of coffee card punches - pay with seapass only.  Just off Jewel where I could get frappes for one punch. :classic_wacko:

On 4/7/2019 at 7:48 AM, Host Clarea said:

Yes, I agree with you, but this is Royal Caribbean, and it's in their corporate culture to try to interpret ambiguous wording (which they create on purpose) to their advantage. 

there is nothing ambiguous about the word ANY. And that's the term used in cruise planner for this coffee select card.  

I bought a coffee card and used it on the Allure 2 years ago (one punch per drink).  I brought the card onto the Rhapsody last week (I still had a few punches left!). I was punched 1x for small, 2x for medium, etc. 

So yeah...

42 minutes ago, the mistral wind said:

there is nothing ambiguous about the word ANY. And that's the term used in cruise planner for this coffee select card.  

Not to you and me, but to Royal it could mean "any flavor", not "any size of any flavor". 

Remember, this is Royal logic, or should I say non-logic.

We were on Allure in December and it was one punch per coffee.  We often got medium or large iced lattes.  We were also able to use it in the MRD, but they did charge our account as well.  Had to call to have it removed from our folio.

On 4/7/2019 at 3:57 AM, the mistral wind said:

Actually i can't believe we are still having this conversation about the coffee select card. By now they should have this right . I was oasis a few months back bought my card online and had no problem ordering my coffee of choice. But there still seems to be confusion about this same subject. i don't like to argue with the buresta and don't like to be embarrassed or be a P.I.T.A. But really they should all be on the same page if they advertise the product with the words ANY 15 SPECIALITY COFFEES. Don't you think

On Brilliance & Majesty last October, I went to the F&B manager before the coffee shop, when I saw the sign. After showing them what I paid for, and the description on the RCI website... they honored the one punch per drink. Shouldn't have to do this, and the rest of the passengers that did not bring it up were still charged the punch per shot. Ridiculous that they do this. 

• 8 months later...

Just to follow up since I hadn't really seen anyone mention how it worked (at least for us on the Thanksgiving Allure cruise)

We got the card via cruise planner on sale ($32 I believe).    We did not find it in our cabin when we got in, so we didn't know what was up, so we went to cafe promenade to go see what they had drink wise before we hit up guest services, but we then realized they actually had our cards AT cafe promenade, and we gave them our name and they had a sheet that they crossed off and gave us the card right there.  

They did specifically mention one punch per "shot" then.   You could use the card on Allure at the Cafe Promenade (best place to use it since they had the most available), Central Park Cafe, and the main dining room (and possibly specialty, but we didn't go in any on this trip).   What was inconsistent was some staff wanted to scan your sea pass, and others did not  (but they all punched or marked, the card).

Edited by atricks
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, atricks said:

Just to follow up since I hadn't really seen anyone mention how it worked (at least for us on the Thanksgiving Allure cruise)

Thanks so much! 

Heading to Harmony in a couple days and pre-ordered the coffee card (hopefully Harmony also allows the card to be used in the MDR - would be nice to get a cappuccino after dinner!) 

• Like 1