Cruise Critic Community
Graciesmom2

Solstice Shopping

I’ve looked at the various deck layouts for the Solstice, but only see “ general shopping “ areas. Can someone fill me in on 

what shopping is available ? I saw someone mentioned Tiffany’s, but I can’t imagine that is all. Is there a small shop for sundries ? Things we may have forgotten to pack ?  

Also, what is the Mast Grill like ? Better alternative at busy times to the buffet ? 

This is is our first Celebrity Cruise, though my tenth cruise in general. Really looking forward to the Celebrity experience. 

Thanks in advance. 

Posted (edited)

Sundries (high priced so hope you don’t forget anything) are usually available in either the liquor store or on racks in one of the other nearby shops.

There are both high end and low end jewelry stores, and lower end souvenir and T-shirt type shops. There will be some clothing with Celebrity logos on it.  A sunglasses shop. Purses. Perfumes and make up. Watches.  Cruisewear for men and women.  Some gifts for children (a small selection of teddy bears and the like).

also a camera shop and a shop selling some apple products and accessories.

Edited by cruisestitch

We were on Solstice a year ago... and yes the shops are quite pricey there..... but on the last sea day some of the shops had a $10 special and had many items for sale for just $10 - which wife loved

They did have tiffanies on board and another shop selling nice handbags...etc... plus there was a liquor store and another store selling t-shirts / hats / towels / sarongs

we tried the mast grill once and it was pretty good - hamburgers made to order

we made a list of all the things we would need like paracetamol, sore throat lozenges, insect repellant so we wouldn't forget anything, but they do sell things like tooth brushes, tooth paste, paracetamol, deodorant...etc..

Posted (edited)

Thank you Cruisestitch and Muffinz for the info! I have several lists of what to pack, but usually forget one thing ! We are counting the days til Solstice, Alaska ! Fifty eight til we head for Seattle ! 

Edited by Graciesmom2
Misspelling

4 minutes ago, Graciesmom2 said:

Thank you Cruisestitch and Muffinz for the info! I have several lists of what to pack, but usually forget one thing ! We are counting the days til Solstice, Alaska ! Fifty eight til we head for Seattle ! 

If you forget something, buy it at your first port stop.  Remember to bring cold medicine.  I still get peeved when I remember what it cost me on board. . .