Breakaway without vibe passes or Haven

Hammergirl

Last time we sailed the Breakaway (first NCL cruise) we stayed in the Haven. It was during spring break and we were SO happy to have that space to retreat to. Now my husband and I are planning on going without the kids and are again looking at the breakaway, but not in the Haven. This time we are looking at October, so not spring break crazy. If we don't get the vibe passes, are there any other quiet places we can retreat to? To be honest the last time we sailed her it was so busy and crazy that we spent a lot of time in the Haven and did not explore as much as we should have. I have no idea if there are any nice cozy areas to just sit and watch the world go by. 

Thanks in advance for any help you might be able to give me.

We did the Breakaway over Christmas and had a spa balcony which comes with spa passes in the rate.  It was a good place to be able to go and on par with vibe pass costs without the running of the bulls.  Much more dignified.

Fingers crossed you will get vibe passes. We got them for the first time for Breakaway last fall and it was fantastic. I don't think they get snatched up as quickly as they use to because now, I believe, they are purchased individually. You can not buy for a group or even 1 other person.  Anyway if you don't get vibe-deck 17 is a good place and you get the same bartenders. Enjoy. Hope Antonio, Rain and all the same staff are there as they were great!!!

I really enjoyed the water from fount on the Breakaway during my cruise on her last October. It was really relaxing to sit and watch the waves with some reading or my knitting. On my sea days I generally went to the water frount and stayed there until lunch- I went to Modernos lunch buffet and Ocean Blue on the waterfront-then went back to the watefrount. 

Also I liked spending some time in the studio lounge, but presumably you aren’t booking a studio. 

Thanks so much guys - I appreciate all of your help. I don't see us spending much time is Spice H20 as it seemed just as busy there than on the pool decks. I am looking for somewhere quiet. I have a bit of anxiety and it amps up when there are tons of people around and lots of noise. I can handle it in doses, but then need somewhere quiet to hang for a bit. 

1 minute ago, Greenpea2 said:

Vibe is adults only ... so you and hubby could go there, but depending on the age of your kids, they would not be able to be there with you. But maybe you are looking for a quiet adult area?

NO kids this trip wooohooo! I am looking for a quiet adult area. Maybe we will have to run for vibe passes. 

7 minutes ago, Hammergirl said:

NO kids this trip wooohooo! I am looking for a quiet adult area. Maybe we will have to run for vibe passes. 

Oh sorry! I misread what you said! Yes, try for Vibe, If you can't get it, there are quiet areas on the deck above the pool, some in the shade. You will have a blast!

13 hours ago, Hammergirl said:

Last time we sailed the Breakaway (first NCL cruise) we stayed in the Haven. It was during spring break and we were SO happy to have that space to retreat to. Now my husband and I are planning on going without the kids and are again looking at the breakaway, but not in the Haven. This time we are looking at October, so not spring break crazy. If we don't get the vibe passes, are there any other quiet places we can retreat to? To be honest the last time we sailed her it was so busy and crazy that we spent a lot of time in the Haven and did not explore as much as we should have. I have no idea if there are any nice cozy areas to just sit and watch the world go by. 

Thanks in advance for any help you might be able to give me.

We know what you are talking about: we sailed her during spring break 2 years ago. OMG, I never saw so many kids or felt so packed in. We too are cruising her again in Oct. We are sailing out of Miami on Oct 13th: haven't thought about what areas might be on the quieter side. Normally when we want  a little quiet time we retreat to our cabin and balcony. 

9 hours ago, Hammergirl said:

Both the Vibe Beach Club and the Thermal Spa are nice areas on the BA. 

We sailed the Breakaway twice during spring break in April (both Hubby and I are teachers so our vacation time during the school year is limited).  We sailed last year and the year before out of NY to Florida and the Bahamas.  We hung out on the waterfront (the shady side) almost every morning at sea, it was quiet and calm, I believe it is deck 8.  The waterfront is the area that is used for outside dining for the specialty restaurants.  There are tables and chairs outside of the restaurants that you can sit at but they also have loungers and comfy places to sit.  Most people were reading, sleeping, or having a quiet conversation.  We found the sunny side to be a bit more crowded and louder, but the shady side was nice and quiet and I didn't feel packed in.  We even brought our speaker with us and quietly listened to music.  Hubby worked on crossword puzzles and I read.  The waterfront is my favorite part of the mega ships.  The ship was PACKED but everyone was at the pool or the surrounding areas sunbathing.

We also cruise a lot in the September-November time frame as we agree with you; it's MUCH more quiet w/o the kids running around.

On our last Breakaway cruise in October '18 they opened up LeBistro on sea days for people to go & chill out with a book or a quiet game.  They provided coffee, cold free drinks (lemonade, etc) and cookies.  If they're still doing this it's not a bad place to chill if you don't mind sitting inside a restaurant & not seeing the ocean.

Also on some seas days they have a special themed lunch buffet in Moderno where you can also escape from the "thundering herds"...lol

Have a great cruise!

• Like 1