Packing Question

I have a couple of health issues that prohibit me from being in the sun (but if my doctor thought that would keep me off a Caribbean cruise... NOT). ;) So here's my question. Has anyone had to pack one of those big-brimmed sun hats and how do you do it? Or do you just buy one after you are on the ship or in the first port you come to? Do you wear it on the plane and put it in the overhead? No flaming me please... just hoping you veterans can give me some ideas. Thanks!! :)

I don't know if you are male or female, use this link, you can see other choices, as well as mens hats, too. I have a packable Panama hat from them, I love it and it has lasted several years.

http://www.travelsmith.com/ts/cookie.jsp?ContentOID=94289&Category=%2fProductHierarchy%2fFootwear+and+Hats%2fWomen's+Hats+and+Accessories&Category1=%2fProductHierarchy%2fFootwear+and+Hats&source=subcategory.jsp

or

http://www.travelsmith.com/ts/cookie.jsp?ContentOID=47502&Category=%2fProductHierarchy%2fFootwear+and+Hats%2fWomen's+Hats+and+Accessories&Category1=%2fProductHierarchy%2fFootwear+and+Hats&source=subcategory.jsp

I pack my hat upside down, in the center of the suitcase, then fill it with something soft, such as socks.

There are large brim sun hats in cotton. They fold just like a T shirt.

Some have a long neck brim.

Hat stores also carry the Australian bush ones beige and good coverup.

I always wear long sleeves and pants in linnen and a hat works wel to keep out the sun.

Archived