A GREAT TIME AT BEACH LIMERZ...AGAIN!

existentialtraveler

We are just back from our cruise. Once again, we had a fantastic time at Beach Limerz. Barry and Gail, the owners, are a warm, welcoming and wonderful couple.The beach is clean and uncrowded. The food is terrific.  Beach Limerz is our favorite beach bar in the Caribbean, and we have been to a LOT of beach bars.  Here is our new video of our day there.  I hope you enjoy the video. If you are interested in going to Beach Limerz, email Gail  at info@beachlimerz.com. Tell her that Jim and Toni sent you to BEACH LIMERZ!

Edited by existentialtraveler

4 hours ago, existentialtraveler said:

We are just back from our cruise. Once again, we had a fantastic time at Beach Limerz. Barry and Gail, the owners, are a warm, welcoming and wonderful couple.The beach is clean and uncrowded. The food is terrific.  Beach Limerz is our favorite beach bar in the Caribbean, and we have been to a LOT of beach bars.  Here is our new video of our day there.  I hope you enjoy the video. If you are interested in going to Beach Limerz, email Gail  at info@beachlimerz.com. Tell her that Jim and Toni sent you to BEACH LIMERZ!

Great video!!! I'm just glad they're back open, we drove by Beach Limerz in Dec. and it was closed, appeared to have been closed for maybe some renovation's or something. I was here back in 2013, this place has come a long way all those bars along the southwest coast have really come a long way.

At least there's no shortage of beach bar's anymore, Turner's Beach (3 beaches down from Beach Limerz), there was nothing there 4-5 years ago, now there's a brand new beach bar with plenty of parking, it's located on the end of the bay and its more secluded.

Looks like everybody is upping there game on that stretch of the island, which is great for cruisers. Thanks for the video Todd

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TTEllis said:

Great video!!! I'm just glad they're back open, we drove by Beach Limerz in Dec. and it was closed, appeared to have been closed for maybe some renovation's or something. I was here back in 2013, this place has come a long way all those bars along the southwest coast have really come a long way.

At least there's no shortage of beach bar's anymore, Turner's Beach (3 beaches down from Beach Limerz), there was nothing there 4-5 years ago, now there's a brand new beach bar with plenty of parking, it's located on the end of the bay and its more secluded.

Looks like everybody is upping there game on that stretch of the island, which is great for cruisers. Thanks for the video Todd

I am glad you enjoyed the video. We have been going to BEACH LIMERZ for a couple years now. It still has the feel that Caribbean beach bars had 20 years ago.  My fear is that they will become too popular ( they deserve to be 😀) and i won't get a beach chair!!! just kidding...Barry and Gail have made it a terrific place to spend a day. At night it is HOPPING!

25 minutes ago, existentialtraveler said:

I am glad you enjoyed the video. We have been going to BEACH LIMERZ for a couple years now. It still has the feel that Caribbean beach bars had 20 years ago.  My fear is that they will become too popular ( they deserve to be 😀) and i won't get a beach chair!!! just kidding...Barry and Gail have made it a terrific place to spend a day. At night it is HOPPING!

That whole stretch of beach from Darkwood down to Turner's has been getting very popular, you kinda knew it may be just a matter of time until that happened. I'm just glad they are all making money, doing well and will be there next time we visit. I've never done Beach Limerz, been to the rest of them, I'm going to have to try that place out next time, your a great salesman for them!! Looked AWESOME!! Thanks again Todd

10 hours ago, existentialtraveler said:

I have just one more question about BEACH LIMERZ,(sorry) you said the food was great I'll totally buy that, beach and property look great. I saw you had a glass of white wine, did you happened to have a drink?? Bloody Mary, NICE frozen strawberry margarita??? In other words how are the DRINKS?? Jeez don't bail on me now😃, how are the drinks? Bloody Mary's nice and all over the place😊 or are they little and nothing:classic_wacko:?? Honestly. Strawberry margarita's frozen only, palm of your hand:classic_huh: or running down your face😁?? Thanks appreciate the info.

18 hours ago, TTEllis said:

I have just one more question about BEACH LIMERZ,(sorry) you said the food was great I'll totally buy that, beach and property look great. I saw you had a glass of white wine, did you happened to have a drink?? Bloody Mary, NICE frozen strawberry margarita??? In other words how are the DRINKS?? Jeez don't bail on me now😃, how are the drinks? Bloody Mary's nice and all over the place😊 or are they little and nothing:classic_wacko:?? Honestly. Strawberry margarita's frozen only, palm of your hand:classic_huh: or running down your face😁?? Thanks appreciate the info.

Sorry, man...only have had beer and wine at Beach Limerz, but I am sure the drinks are pretty good. That's what Marvin ( the waiter/bartender) told me and I believe him!

57 minutes ago, existentialtraveler said:

Sorry, man...only have had beer and wine at Beach Limerz, but I am sure the drinks are pretty good. That's what Marvin ( the waiter/bartender) told me and I believe him!

That's EXACTLY how it is on Antigua, that's why I asked. Have no idea what it is with Antigua when it comes to getting a good drink but in just about 20 years of visiting this island I quit trying to get one about 10 years ago.

I do the same thing you do keep it to beer and a nice glass of Chardonnay. It's too bad, Antigua can get terribly HOT, I enjoy a nice frozen cocktail on the beach when 1:30-2 o'clock rolls around. It's not going to happen unless you bring your own, like I said in one of my previous posts. 

It's the same 2 for $5 Caribe deal, which is really not a deal, 1 six-pack of Caribe just piss me off, 2 for $5 I'm not even sure what to make of that. In 2007 I was at a bar at Port Zante on St. Kitts, I bought Caribe's for $1.25 a pop they couldn't give them away. 

Curacao, Aruba, St. Thomas(St. John), Barbados, St, Kitts a great cocktail never an issue, Antigua if you desire something to drink other than bottled beer or bottled wine. You bring your own!! Thanks for all your great info. Todd

Re Drinks:  This is from Gail

Our regular menu, which you may choose from, includes an array of seafood such as Lobster, Mussels, Salmon, Mahi and even Shark (yep our conch fritters and shark bites are  to die for) and of course we do great  'landfood' such as Rib Eye, Striploin,  Pork Chops,  and so much more!  And yes, just for all you over-21s - libations galore!!!!!!!!!  Margaritas, Mojitos and Pina Coladas abound but we encourage everyone to also try our Tropicocomocoloco, Scorpion Sting, 'Limerz Passion and ...  well there are just so very many!!  

Our most popular drink currently is the Lie Detector - be careful though; be sure you want to try it and be even more careful who you ask to try it! The Bob Marley is the 2nd most popular drink - guaranteed to make you the best reggae dancer ever  -you absolutely must slurp on one!!   Let me know what else you're looking for and we'll make it happen for you!   

2 hours ago, aquidneck1 said:

Re Drinks:  This is from Gail

Our regular menu, which you may choose from, includes an array of seafood such as Lobster, Mussels, Salmon, Mahi and even Shark (yep our conch fritters and shark bites are  to die for) and of course we do great  'landfood' such as Rib Eye, Striploin,  Pork Chops,  and so much more!  And yes, just for all you over-21s - libations galore!!!!!!!!!  Margaritas, Mojitos and Pina Coladas abound but we encourage everyone to also try our Tropicocomocoloco, Scorpion Sting, 'Limerz Passion and ...  well there are just so very many!!  

Our most popular drink currently is the Lie Detector - be careful though; be sure you want to try it and be even more careful who you ask to try it! The Bob Marley is the 2nd most popular drink - guaranteed to make you the best reggae dancer ever  -you absolutely must slurp on one!!   Let me know what else you're looking for and we'll make it happen for you!   

I have had conch fritters all over the Fla. Keys and the Caribbean....Beach Limerz' conch fritters really are the best I have had at least in the last 20 years and maybe EVER.... and the shark bites??? wow! she's not exaggerating. They are awesome!

1 hour ago, existentialtraveler said:

I have had conch fritters all over the Fla. Keys and the Caribbean....Beach Limerz' conch fritters really are the best I have had at least in the last 20 years and maybe EVER.... and the shark bites??? wow! she's not exaggerating. They are awesome!

Yummy!! You guys are killing me, that sounds wonderful. Shark bites, I can honestly tell you I have heard of these morsel's but unfortunately, never eaten one. I eat shark, I'll eat or drink anything, it's a problem. Thanks!!

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, b_cruise said:

New to the southern Caribbean so excuse my ignorance.  Why do u have to email for reservation? Do they pick u up at port?  Thanks

Sometimes there are 3 or more cruise ships in port, so a reservation is a good idea. And, yes...Gail will arrange for a cab to pick you up and bring you back at $5 per person each way. Tell her Jim and Toni sent you. It will make her smile.

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, bunnyette said:

I’ve just been pencilled in for January, Gail said she’ll contact me again after hurricane season is over.   Looks like they prefer reservations which is fine with me!

I have no doubt you will have a great time at Beach Limerz! Isn't Gail a sweetheart? and her husband, Barry, is a very personable and funny guy! 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 4/1/2019 at 1:02 AM, existentialtraveler said:

Fabulous video and Beach Limerz sounds great.Thanks for all of your info on this site. We’ve been to Antigua several times before however this time in February 2020 wanted a total beach day with a great lunch! This sounds like the perfect place. From your video it looks like you ordered al a carte which is probably what we will do rather than the barbecue however do you just pay for your reserved umbrella and chairs?? Guess she will tell me when I email Gail. ... and mention Jim and Toni 😁

11 hours ago, Dar28 said:

Fabulous video and Beach Limerz sounds great.Thanks for all of your info on this site. We’ve been to Antigua several times before however this time in February 2020 wanted a total beach day with a great lunch! This sounds like the perfect place. From your video it looks like you ordered al a carte which is probably what we will do rather than the barbecue however do you just pay for your reserved umbrella and chairs?? Guess she will tell me when I email Gail. ... and mention Jim and Toni 😁

I am glad you enjoyed the video. You will love Beach Limerz too! Gail and Barry, the owners, are such warm and wonderful people. Yes... you can order a la carte and pay for the umbrella and chairs. Gail will also arrange  a taxi to take you to  Beach Limerz and back to your ship. We will be going back to Beach Limerz in November, 2019...can't wait!

• 1 month later...

I’ve tried contacting Beach Limerz with no response. The website says they are closed one day a week (Monday, IIRC) until high season. Does anyone know when high season starts? If it after early December, I will stop pestering them?

7 hours ago, cangelmd said:

I’ve tried contacting Beach Limerz with no response. The website says they are closed one day a week (Monday, IIRC) until high season. Does anyone know when high season starts? If it after early December, I will stop pestering them?

Keep trying. I have never known Gail and Barry to NOT reply! High season starts in a few weeks.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, efussander said:

We are going to be in Antigua on Oct 2nd aboard Freedom of the Seas. I have emailed Gail to see if they have space for us to "lime" with them.

I am pleased to see you are becoming one of the growing number of LIMERZ! Pretty soon we will need T-SHIRTS! Hmmmm......

We will be there once again in November to "lime" for the day.

Tell her Jim and Toni recommended Beach Limerz.

Edited by existentialtraveler

On 9/7/2019 at 4:06 AM, efussander said:

We are going to be in Antigua on Oct 2nd aboard Freedom of the Seas. I have emailed Gail to see if they have space for us to "lime" with them.

Please post if you hear from them. I have tried twice more since my post above with no response.

I used the contact email on their website. I am planning other alternatives.

38 minutes ago, cangelmd said:

Please post if you hear from them. I have tried twice more since my post above with no response.

I used the contact email on their website. I am planning other alternatives.

I heard back almost immediately; like less than 20 minutes. The address I used is below. Maybe try from another email account if you have one. 

info@beachlimerz.com