Empress

Has anyone been on Empress of the Seas lately? I know there was a refurbishment in 2016 (I think that was the year) but wondered how the ship was overall?

I've been on several ships (large and small) but the cruise we will be on in June will be the first for a few going (there are 15 total of us going). We've let the newbies know that this is not a cruise for the ship, but rather the destination (Cuba) but we are hoping the ship is in good shape 🙂  

Anyway, if anyone has insight as to what shape the ship is in (picture are always good too :)) I would really appreciate it!

We were on Empress in October. The ship was in good shape.  The two words that come to mind when I think of Empress are quaint and intimate. We had done a B2B on Allure a few weeks before so we joked that if you wanted to go to a venue on Allure, you walked about a mile but on Empress, you just turn around😀

Sherri🙂

Edited by sjb317
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, sjb317 said:

We were on Empress in October. The ship was in good shape.  The two words that come to mind when I think of Empress are quaint and intimate. We had done a B2B on Allure a few weeks before so we joked that if you wanted to go to a venue on Allure, you walked about a mile but on Empress, you just turn around😀

Sherri🙂

We were on Oasis before and got a LOT of walking in!!  It was a very nice ship but I'm looking forward to seeing the smaller ship again 🙂 I just feel like we need to "warn" (for lack of a better word) the new people about the smallness of the ship. 

1 hour ago, CruisingLover said:

We were on Oasis before and got a LOT of walking in!!  It was a very nice ship but I'm looking forward to seeing the smaller ship again 🙂 I just feel like we need to "warn" (for lack of a better word) the new people about the smallness of the ship. 

You probably should😀.  Empress reminds me of the ships we sailed on when we first started cruising, in fact, we cruised on Empress in 2003 when she as still Nordic Empress and sailing out of New York.  You may want to warn them the cabins are teeny tiny😂

Sherri🙂

Edited by sjb317

July 2018, great cruise, great experience.  Research and know what you are buying.  Don't expect features of mega ships and you won't be let down when they aren't there.

Knowing cabins are the smallest in the fleet I opted for a JS.  

I'd sail her again.

Trip report here

• Like 1