Can I get a massage?

Clampram

We've just been through a very stressful time with a broken pipe and lots of water damage in our home. We are both looking forward to a relaxing cruise next week on the Royal. I would love to get a massage but I don't want to spend the $$$ to get sold products for an hour. How can I accomplish my goal of a relaxing massage on vacation?

I'm thinking to say something ahead of time but maybe that's a bad idea???

Just tell them at the beginning of your treatment that you are not interested in any upsells at the end, and if they do try to sell you something, just say no thank you.  fyi, if you have not booked your massage yet, I would to up to the Lotus Spa as soon as your can once your get on the ship.  Many people book them on line. Personally, I recommend the 70 hot stone,  had a great one on the Crown a month ago.    

• Like 1

Will you be travelling to any ports that offer beach massages?  I find those the most relaxing...the cool ocean breeze, sound of the waves, etc., to be much more inviting than in the spa.  The beach massage is more cost effective and no chance of the upsell attempt.

1 hour ago, Clampram said:

We've just been through a very stressful time with a broken pipe and lots of water damage in our home. We are both looking forward to a relaxing cruise next week on the Royal. I would love to get a massage but I don't want to spend the $$$ to get sold products for an hour. How can I accomplish my goal of a relaxing massage on vacation?

I'm thinking to say something ahead of time but maybe that's a bad idea???

I always start by telling them no trying to sell me products after the massage, and they don't. 

• Like 1

I agree with everyone who says to just tell them up front that you don't want any product pitches.  I too, have had a super stressful period of time recently and I am dreaming about the massage I'll get on the Golden next month.  My personal fav is the Lime Ginger Scrub with full body massage - 75 minutes of bliss!  Cannot wait!

As others have said, just tell them up front that you don't want to hear a sales pitch and will not buy anything.  I've also told them that any chance of me buying anything ever or coming back will hinge on how it's handled.  I don't ever get a sales pitch.

Sorry to hear about the stress, hope all is resolved and that you enjoy your cruise!

Edited by Host CJSKIDS

I'll just get my usual monthly massage before we cruise and another one after we cruise. I get a one hour massage once a month. I'd like to do it more often but don't want to pay for it. Next massage is April 9. We fly out for pre-cruise land tour May 17 so I'll get one shortly before then. I've never gotten a massage onboard.

I like the spa products from Elemis and have bought them on occasion. Really good stuff.  That said, most of the times I haven’t purchased any and have simply said no, thank you, and that was the end of it.