Royal will be allowed into Glacier Bay

4 hours ago, Scarlette said:

This is what I am seeing for northbound Radiance in August 7, 2020.  Hubbard Glacier is not Glacier Bay, correct?

CRUISE ITINERARY

There are a few changes to this sail date's itinerary. We hope you're as excited as we are about this in your updated vacation plan.

• Day 1 (Departure) Vancouver, British Columbia (Set Sail)
  • Day 2 Inside Passage (Cruising), Canada
  • Day 3 Ketchikan, Alaska
  • Day 4 Icy Strait Point, Alaska
  • Day 5 Juneau, Alaska
  • Day 6 Skagway, Alaska
  • Day 7 Hubbard Glacier (Cruising), Alaska
  • Return Seward, Alaska (Return)Y

Hubbard Glacier is a stunning glacier. We visited it on our Radiance cruise in 2016. It is not in Glacier Bay, however. You are correct.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, travelplus said:

Great news for us West Costers! I will look at their itineraries!

Keep in mind that not all the itineraries have been updated yet. 🙂  Our sailing In May on Ovation, still shows Dawes Glacier, even though those of us booked have already had our cruise planner updated to GB.  I think most of the Radiance cruises have been updated, though. 

• Like 1

I know that Glacier Bay is confirmed for departures May 22, August 28 and Sep 4. However, after checking schedules for HAL vessels and under consideration of the two ship maximum per day I assume these are all upcoming changes for Ovation in 2020. She will only go to Glacier in the shoulder season in May and September but not in the high season from June to August. In those months Eurodam and eather Westerdam or Noordam are in Glacier Bay on Tuesdays.   

4 hours ago, Saab4444 said:

I know that Glacier Bay is confirmed for departures May 22, August 28 and Sep 4. However, after checking schedules for HAL vessels and under consideration of the two ship maximum per day I assume these are all upcoming changes for Ovation in 2020. She will only go to Glacier in the shoulder season in May and September but not in the high season from June to August. In those months Eurodam and eather Westerdam or Noordam are in Glacier Bay on Tuesdays.   

I'm thinking the same thing too.  Schedules will perhaps change more in 2021, but unless something gives, there just isn't space for additional sailings.  I'm thankful to be on the May 22 cruise.  We didn't plan for GB, but are thrilled that we are scheduled. 

I've been watching social media.  Haven't seen any other confirmations of sailings for Ovation.

• 3 months later...