Royal will be allowed into Glacier Bay

6 minutes ago, island lady said:

I am on B2B 8/14 & 8/21.  Same time for you?  

No, we are on the Radiance of the Seas that leaves  Seward on July 31st, Hubbard on August  1st 2020.

6 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

No, we are on the Radiance of the Seas that leaves  Seward on July 31st, Hubbard on August  1st 2020.

Ahh...will just miss you.  We board in Seward on the 14th, but doing a self tour of Alaska for two weeks prior.  DH wants to "cross the Arctic Circle".  One of the items on his bucket list.  😉 

55 minutes ago, island lady said:

When?  I am on Radiance B2B in August 2020.  

I was wrong on Serenade replacing Radiance.  Looks like Serenade joins Radiance and Ovation in Alaska.

4 hours ago, island lady said:

Ahh...will just miss you.  We board in Seward on the 14th, but doing a self tour of Alaska for two weeks prior.  DH wants to "cross the Arctic Circle".  One of the items on his bucket list.  😉 

Most likely we will be doing a 5 or 6 day self tour  pre-cruise also.

14 minutes ago, applepatrick9 said:

Anyone heard anything more in regards to what chips will be changing their itineraries to include the bay?

Nothing publicly revealed by the cruise line.

On 6/10/2019 at 9:27 PM, applepatrick9 said:

Anyone heard anything more in regards to what chips will be changing their itineraries to include the bay?

I prefer Pringles...sorry could not resist.  Bad Island Lady...bad girl.  😉 

• 5 weeks later...

I am so excited!!! RCI just sent me an email saying that our itinerary was being changed from Endicott Arm & Dawes Glacier to GLACIER BAY!!!

We sail on 5/22, and am so excited to take family there!  

Made my day.  :classic_biggrin:  Check your emails if you have Alaska scheduled for 2020.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, barbeyg said:

I am so excited!!! RCI just sent me an email saying that our itinerary was being changed from Endicott Arm & Dawes Glacier to GLACIER BAY!!!

We sail on 5/22, and am so excited to take family there!  

Made my day.  :classic_biggrin:  Check your emails if you have Alaska scheduled for 2020.

That is awesome! So jealous that the switch to Glacier Bay is not until next year.  Wish it was this season.

Edited by er345
Clarification

2 minutes ago, er345 said:

That is awesome! So jealous that it’s not until next year.  

I know.  It makes me sad for those sailing this year.  

We can afford AK every 4-5 years, and I've really been hoping (but thinking the odds were against us).  I can tell you it's made my week!  Hope you get to make it another year.  :classic_smile:

Sailing on Radiance May 22, 2020 and got an email from RCI today saying they had changed our itinerary to include Glacier Bay! We are doing both Hubbard Glacier and Glacier Bay. They are removing Skagway.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, akolasz said:

Sailing on Radiance May 22, 2020 and got an email from RCI today saying they had changed our itinerary to include Glacier Bay! We are doing both Hubbard Glacier and Glacier Bay. They are removing Skagway.

Oh no....that is awful for us!  I love Skagway!  But we are not on until August 2020.  

3 hours ago, jholzhauser said:

I've seen on the Facebook group rumblings that various Ovation May/September sailings have gotten the email for Glacier Bay. Hoping my June Ovation sailing switches!

May 22 and Sept 4 I’ve seen so far. We are 5/22, and several of us on that sailing got the email.  On Ovation the Dawes Glacier day is being changed to GB and more hours cruising it.  Pushes back Victoria docking time, but still 11 hours there. 

Hope you get the change! 🙂

If you search the RCI website, it shows all 2020 Radiance northbounds and the 5/22/20 Radiance southbound going to Glacier Bay instead of Skagway.  No mention of Ovation yet other than the reported emails.  The Glacier Bay permits are structured to allow for extra visits in May and September versus June-August, so it could be that only the first and last Ovation sailings get in besides Radiance.