Oasis incident at Freeport Shipyard

5 minutes ago, twangster said:

I'm pretty sure it was a Megalodon.  I saw a movie on a Southwest flight last week and it fits the evidence perfectly.

Twangster, throwing down the jokes today! LOL

• Like 3

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

BTW, I guess we'll never know how many Pins were really going to be aboard.

Rumor has it the Pins are being given an offer to bump suite guest off the Symphony at no additional charge. 😂

I kid, I kid.....

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:
5 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

A non revenue TA would not be making any stops on the way to Cadiz.

Fuel for the tugboats🤔

Why does it have to be a non-revenue? 

Give people a 50% discount, make them sign a waiver to not sue should the ship become disabled in the mid-Atlantic. To further sweeten the pot, an all-access tour of the dockyards of Cadiz.

And to make up for the lose of the Aqua theater, have CATS perform twice a day, every day.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I think the refund and other accommodations are great, but when I think about it, it may not end up being the same value. Symphone is replacing Oasis in Port Canaveral. We booked a owners suite for April 7th as we always do. With Symphone being a bigger ship, our 100% value free cruise from Oasis may not be the same price on Symphony for an owners suite. 

1 minute ago, ezelaya said:

I think the refund and other accommodations are great, but when I think about it, it may not end up being the same value. Symphone is replacing Oasis in Port Canaveral. We booked a owners suite for April 7th as we always do. With Symphone being a bigger ship, our 100% value free cruise from Oasis may not be the same price on Symphony for an owners suite. 

Harmony is replacing the Oasis in Canaveral.....not the Symphony 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, ezelaya said:

It's a refund and a cruise credit. Pretty sure Symphony isn't twice the price. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ezelaya said:

As we ALWAYS do....poor you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Reynolds13 said:

That would include the TA. We are booked on the first sailing out of Barcelona on May 5th. My fingers are crossed.

We are also on the May 5th sailing....fingers crossed!  We are flying from the DC area to Barcelona on May 2nd-3rd....my biggest fear would be RC cancelling as we get closer to the sail date and then we wouldn't have enough time to re-book anything for that week.  But I'm going to try and maintain only positive thoughts.  I definitely can't complain - I feel absolutely terrible for the people who've had their cruises cancelled 😞

12 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

And to make up for the lose of the Aqua theater, have CATS perform twice a day, every day.

Cleary sir, you have not seen CATS!

I'd like to see CATS adapted to an Aqua show.  Wet CATS are so much fun to watch.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, jdjaguar said:

As we ALWAYS do....poor you.

So what if I always get a suite? What's the point in posting "poor me" other than jealousy or some other personal reason. I am merely commenting that there is no guarantee that the free cruise will really be free 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

The 12 second video and 45 second video show a crane leaning on the starboard side of the ship.  The crew video seems to show that crane still standing and isn't leaning on the ship yet.  I agree that you can see the crane that is in the aqua theater.

There are TWO cranes on that side. One is OK, the other is on the ship after the accident.

41 minutes ago, Plum Happy said:

Your trip may go forward, but there’s no telling once it gets to Spain for the repairs.  They will most likely get there in a week and start working on it.  Once the cane has been removed.

The big dock in Cadiz is currently occupied with Carnival Triumph’s major refit / renaming works to become Sunrise, not scheduled to leave until the 15th for preliminary sea trials and may well have booked the dock longer incase sea trials reveal issues.

So the delay may be the dock availability rather than the time needed to get there 

Okay, another crew question.

What will happen to the non essential crew that work the Oasis, ie housekeeping, lifeguards, bar servers..........

Will they go on board for the TA for repairs so when she is ready to sail, they're there?

Will it be safe to be on board.  (That's a rhetorical question, I am sure know one knows at this time.

Oh my

Just overwhelmed and feel so heart broken for those missing their cruises.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ezelaya said:

But it is since you got both your original cruise refunded plus a FCC so essentially 200%, you'd have to really splurge on a cabin to exceed net out of pocket costs.

• Like 1