Oasis incident at Freeport Shipyard

8 minutes ago, above sea level cruiser said:

Just got word that our Aqua Theatre show that we pre-purchased tickets for, has been moved from day 2 to day 7. Not to be a Debbie Downer, but we should all be careful of getting our hopes up too high just yet.

The show requires a great deal of coordination between the divers, swimmers, technicians, etc. When we were on board there seemed to be daily practice sessions. Undoubtedly the entire cast will have to get back in shape and ensure all systems are go for all participants. Hope everything works as planned!

Edited by Scotty G
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Scotty G said:

The show requires a great deal of coordination between the divers, swimmers, technicians, etc. When we were on board there seemed to be daily practice sessions. Undoubtedly the entire cast will have to get back in shape and ensure all systems are go for all participants. Hope everything works as planned!

Funny, our travel agent said the exact same thing! We can only hope that those who board the ship and want to see this show, get to do so. Thanks for your response.

• Like 1

Two quotes below are from someone I know nothing about, at:

https://www.*****.com/boards/index.php?/topic/11949-oasis-crane-crash/&do=findComment&comment=119101

"The aqua theatre is on schedule to be open. However there will be no lifts operating in the pool. So the “Oasis of Dreams” show is not planned to return until it has undergone dry dock in sept. But there will be other shows."

"The lifts will move. But not fast enough for a full show. So they can be up or down. As long as they are down they can do a show. But not Oasis of Dreams as it need all three lifts to work independently. Cast members are rehearsing Aqua Nation in its place."

20 minutes ago, above sea level cruiser said:

In a week and a bit, we will get what we get. Shows, no shows, partial shows whatever.  Next Friday we board a plane to Barcelona for a Spain, Paris and Italy vacation. We will enjoy it with or without a show I'm sure.

For all of the people that got cancelled I really for bad for them. If the ship leaves on time and there are no shows we won't be disappointed. This accident could have been so much worse. Thank god there were no fatalities and under reported injuries. RCL is paying a Kings Ransom and I'm keeping my fingers crossed for May 5th departure.

• Like 4

Has there been any info out of Freeport about the dock? I know theres been a vague "out of service for a while" sentiment. But I didn't know if the official reason for the collapse had been released or if any pics of the damage had leaked out. 

For interest, the link in my post above (#1829) has some up-close pictures of damage sustained to the Aqua Theater - see page 7 of that thread.  They were uploaded by the same person quoted in that post; do not know if source of pictures is same person or someone else.

Edited by willde
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, above sea level cruiser said:

Just got word that our Aqua Theatre show that we pre-purchased tickets for, has been moved from day 2 to day 7. Not to be a Debbie Downer, but we should all be careful of getting our hopes up too high just yet.

Same here, though day four to day seven.   It doesn't really make a difference for me though even if that theatre is out of order.

15 hours ago, above sea level cruiser said:

You purchased tickets for the Aqua Theater Show? Do they charge for that now?

Radio

12 hours ago, willde said:

For interest, the link in my post above (#1829) has some up-close pictures of damage sustained to the Aqua Theater - see page 7 of that thread.  They were uploaded by the same person quoted in that post; do not know if source of pictures is same person or someone else.

Wow she really took a licking! That is far worse than what I had imagined. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, willde said:

WOW....I don't think that Aqua Theater will be operating as normal until the fall renovation.

Nothing really new in this pics but saw them this morning. From what I can tell most of the crew are exploring Cadiz for the next few days until they (hopefully) have to go back to work at the end of this week. I’m sure there will be more images the closer we get to the 5/5 sailing. 

8291FCC9-EE5E-49B9-AF94-6B61D3291F8E.png

9CB4C014-1CB2-43D6-B412-2F797F64F04B.png