Viking Ocean - Combined Cruise Schedule

CharTrav

2 hours ago, vnb2003 said:

Time for refurbishing? 🤔

Good question.  My husband asked the same thing.  But if that's the case, why have the Star scheduled to do a TransAtlantic (which pleases @mmwc  no end) followed by two Eastern Seaboard Explorers?? Am assuming refurbishments are performed "close to home" -- like Norway -- not over in our ever so friendly, ever so (not - right now) welcoming USofA? A real mystery for sure!  I'll keep checking the VO schedule for Caribbean stuff scheduled for Dec 21 to Feb 22.

Edited by CharTrav

4 hours ago, lackcreativity said:

I was hoping someone who was more sure of this than I am would answer, but I think she had a refurbishing already. I have a vague memory of a discussion within the last year?

It was discussed this past December and January.  Not much was refurbished when Star want in for her mandatory 5 year dry dock (which checks the ships operating systems). We were on board just a few weeks later and I didn't see that much had been done. 

It would be nice if they could refurbish during this down period but the skills needed to do the work is not in the skill set of the crew that is being left on board the ships and bringing on skilled craftsmen at this time is complicated by the need for social distancing and mandatory quarantines, etc., etc.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Another minor update - all to do with Caribbean schedule Oct '21 to Feb '22.  Star's schedule in the Caribbean is slowly building. Added a cruise from that brings her down to Ft Lauderdale, FL late October '21 but then nothing until May '22 when she starts doing cruises in the Baltic and then a full schedule thru Sept '22. 

Same link -- and no DropBox account required to open or download -- https://www.dropbox.com/s/v0h7vvslptkwg2n/Viking Ocean Cruises (2020 to 2022).xlsm?dl=0.

Otherwise -- for the others it's the same as before: fully scheduled thru Sep '22 (Jupiter, Sea, Sky, Venus), Aug '22 (Orion), and Sep '21 (Sun).

• 2 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, BluebonnetTexan said:

Guess you get to make more updates now. Video just posted at https://www.viking.tv/index/story/tors-corner officially canceling through August 31. 

Yup.  Hadn't watched the video yet but will;  learned the news through another source. Just finished updating the schedule and posted it.  So... let me take advantage of my reply to you to announce I've posted the updated schedule! :classic_wink:

If you already have the spreadsheet, just use the link provided in the ReadMe tab to download the updated copy.  For those who haven't already downloaded a copy -- here's the direct link to it on DropBox -- https://www.dropbox.com/s/v0h7vvslptkwg2n/Viking Ocean Cruises (2020 to 2022).xlsm?dl=0.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, CharTrav said:

Announcement yesterday that suspension of operations extended a month to September 30. Will post updated spreadsheet later today. Here's the video announcement from Mr Hagen - https://viking.tv/episode/tors-corner-july

Oh boy, Viking really wants to keep you busy 😂

CharTrav, thank you very much for your incredible work! 

Have updated the spreadsheet and posted in usual place. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v0h7vvslptkwg2n/Viking Ocean Cruises (2020 to 2022).xlsm?dl=0

Rather than use the broadaxe approach of simply deleting all cruises starting in September, rechecked the entire cruise schedule for October thru December and a little ways into 2021 to find an "ripple effect" cancellations. Discovered that Orion will not return to its schedule until it starts the Australia-New Zealand cycle in December. Also corrected an oversight from previous updates, revised the first sail dates for cruises with "first sail dates" that are now October 1 or later OR never sailed at all. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just caught the latest (a few days late) regarding the world cruises which will be on the Star. Answers my question about where she was going after Ft Lauderdale. Will update ans post. And look to see what else has changed. 

4 hours ago, CharTrav said:

Just caught the latest (a few days late) regarding the world cruises which will be on the Star. Answers my question about where she was going after Ft Lauderdale. Will update ans post. And look to see what else has changed. 

She goes to Los Angeles - Dec. 24, 2021 - Jan. 10, 2022. After that WC2022

I got email from Viking this morning to consider one of three voyages through Panama Canal. One of this voyages Panama Canal & Coastal holiday is on  Viking Star.

1 minute ago, vnb2003 said:

She goes to Los Angeles - Dec. 24, 2021 - Jan. 10, 2022. After that WC2022

I got email from Viking this morning to consider one of three voyages through Panama Canal. One of this voyages Panama Canal & Coastal holiday is on  Viking Star.

Thanks! Doing a careful methodical check of the schedule and will post update later today or tomorrow. 

A little late .. but let me NOT tell you about what the latest Windows10 update did to my network card 2 days ago!!! and thank heavens I have a fairly new laptop in addition to my trusty workstation.  Anyway -- inspected and updated data for Viking Oceans and Viking Expeditions.  The burning question I've had for months about Star's schedule from Oct '21 to May '22 has at last been answered -- World Cruise 2021-2022 plus some other Caribbean cruises. With the cancellation of the World Cruise 2020-21, Sun's schedule from mid-Dec '20 to early May '21 for now is unknown.  Will check a little more frequently than I have been of late and post another update as soon as that question is answered.  Regarding Viking Expeditions -- the 2022 schedule for Galápagos is now fully populated; Wild Galápagos in Dec '20 has been canceled.  Check out the Log Notes tab for more details on the changes made.

As always -- the schedule has been posted in DropBox (no account required) in my General Viking Stuff folder: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8pm1betyh91wlhf/AABBcPIWuqWJQtR5JrNSFOqMa?dl=0.  If you already have a copy of the spreadsheet, simply use the DropBox link provided in the ReadMe tab to download a fresh copy.

Edited by CharTrav
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

OK . just finished updating the spreadsheet and .. adding a few more tweaks to it (can't help myself .. it's a disease!).  As I said, Viking Ocean's cruise calendar is now blanked out thru December 2020. So I update the sheet accordingly. Also checked to see if additional changes had been made in both 2021 and 2022.  The answer there is "no".  The huge schedule "hole" for Sun hasn't been filled yet. The Viking Expeditions calendar remains unchanged.. but I think that's a 'for now' situation.  I'm fully expecting to see cancellations for the first VE cruise starting Dec 31st 2020 and into Jan 2021. Call me a pessimist if you wish.  

For those who already have a copy of the spreadsheet, just use the link provided in the ReadMe tab to download a new copy. Otherwise, the link and instructions for downloading from DropBox (no account required!!) are provided in my signature block.  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CharTrav said:

OK . just finished updating the spreadsheet and .. adding a few more tweaks to it (can't help myself .. it's a disease!).  As I said, Viking Ocean's cruise calendar is now blanked out thru December 2020. So I update the sheet accordingly. Also checked to see if additional changes had been made in both 2021 and 2022.  The answer there is "no".  The huge schedule "hole" for Sun hasn't been filled yet. The Viking Expeditions calendar remains unchanged.. but I think that's a 'for now' situation.  I'm fully expecting to see cancellations for the first VE cruise starting Dec 31st 2020 and into Jan 2021. Call me a pessimist if you wish.  

For those who already have a copy of the spreadsheet, just use the link provided in the ReadMe tab to download a new copy. Otherwise, the link and instructions for downloading from DropBox (no account required!!) are provided in my signature block.  

Well so far, that cruise is still on the books. I think they are considering it a January cruise. But, with the state of things in Peru, we may well see a delay to the start of that new itinerary even if other January cruises do take place..

• 3 weeks later...

First of all -- many thanks and a shout out to @Peregrina651 for noticing (and informing me) that Viking's newest ship -- what was being referred to as "Tellus" but is now "Mars" -- has hit the Viking Ocean schedule starting with Trade Routes of the Middle Ages late May 2022.  For now, she's only scheduled out to September 2022.  Given that none of the other ships are scheduled beyond that month makes some sense. Accordingly, have updated the schedule spreadsheet. For those who already have a copy of it .. just use the link in the spreadsheet (the ReadMe tab) to download a new copy.  For those who don't already have a copy of it .. use the link to DropBox provided in my signature box (along with instructions) or  access the folder containing the file using this link -- https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8pm1betyh91wlhf/AABBcPIWuqWJQtR5JrNSFOqMa?dl=0. The file is called Viking Ocean Cruises (2020-2022).xlsm.  

On 8/11/2020 at 10:55 PM, CharTrav said:

Just learned today of another batch of cancellations .. October thru December.  Am working now on the updated spreadsheet.  Will inform all when I'm done and it's posted.

Cancellations till December included or is it like till the end of November? I would say that even though there is very little hope that cruising will be back this year, I still hope for at least a vaccine appear this year to have at least one good sign to not be afraid of booking for 2021-2022 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Roger88 said:

Cancellations till December included or is it like till the end of November? I would say that even though there is very little hope that cruising will be back this year, I still hope for at least a vaccine appear this year to have at least one good sign to not be afraid of booking for 2021-2022 

Tor's last announcement said through the end of the year. The only December cruises on the books are two New Year's Eve cruises that are actually more January cruises than December (Egypt and Machu Picchu/Galapagos).

1 hour ago, Peregrina651 said:

Tor's last announcement said through the end of the year. The only December cruises on the books are two New Year's Eve cruises that are actually more January cruises than December (Egypt and Machu Picchu/Galapagos).

And I fully expect that the Galápagos trip will be canceled. We're booked on it.