Jade - difference between the mini-suites MA (middle) and MB ( aft & rear)

Chrocruiser

Good afternoon,

Was wondering why there is such a big price difference between the MA mini-suite and the MB ones. Is it only because of the mi-ship positioning.... we just booked #11620 on mediterranean cruise and I fear that there is some drawbacks. Thanks for your advice.

Sometimes it just depends on how many of each category they have sold. If they have sold a higher percentage of MA than MB then there might be a bigger gap. For example if they have 50 MA and sold 40 MA vs having 50 MB and sold 10 MB, then the MA might be quite a bit more than MB since there is a larger demand. It's not always about the view/benefits of the cabin. Also you have to consider which is better for you on this ship. All the MA and MB on the Jade are on Deck 11 so you have either the pool area or buffet above 90% of these cabins so not always preferential due to noises. I'm in a 14 night MA on the Jade later this month and hoping I chose my cabin # well.

Also, the big difference on price is not on all of these. For example, look at MA and MB for the Nov 28, 2019 Jade. They are both $3149 so no difference in price at all.

5 minutes ago, Korlad said:

All the MA and MB on the Jade are on Deck 11 so you have either the pool area or buffet above 90% of these cabins so not always preferential due to noises.

I was coming in to see if someone has commented on this.  These were my thoughts exactly, as I always try to get decks of cabins above and below my cabin.  For my cruise, the upgrade email should be coming out soon, so we are trying to do our research to see if it's worth the extra room, for additional noise.  Also, by bidding, I cannot select my cabin, but have to take the one NCL assigns me.  I am trying to determine if it's worth bidding.  I would love to hear feedback from anyone who has stayed in a Deck 11 MS, and see if the noise was too much to handle.

• Like 1

We have been in MB staterooms on all the Jewel class ships.  We always choose the forward Minis under the thermal spa and have never had any noise problems.  We have also had quite a bit of savings with the MB vs. MA.  The MB's tend to book up before the MA's.

I would not do a mini guaranty or bid for one because you will likely be assigned a mini under the fitness center, teen club or buffet kitchen galley - all very noisy.

Edited by herdingdogmom
  • Like 2

The MAs and MBs on Jewel class ships are identical cabins with identical bathrooms. (combination shower/bathtub) The only difference is location as stated by herdingdogmom. Her experience is the same as our and her advice is spot on.

Edited by Paul Bogle

24 minutes ago, Paul Bogle said:

The MAs and MBs on Jewel class ships are identical cabins with identical bathrooms. (combination shower/bathtub) The only difference is location as stated by herdingdogmom. Her experience is the same as our and her advice is spot on.

True.

32 minutes ago, Voelfgar said:

I believe the main difference is in the bathroom. MA have a bathtub and a shower and MB only has a shower.

True only on EPIC. MA and MC have bathtub, MB and MD have shower.

22 hours ago, Paul Bogle said:

Thank you!