Photo for Check In

5 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Doubt that a photo of a photo will pass.  Don’t worry about it.  It adds all of 10 seconds to the check in process. 

I uploaded my avatar picture for my son's SetSail pass. Should be funny at the pier

• Like 3

5 hours ago, barbiecruiser27 said:

Hi There,

I am trying to take my photo for the check in. Would I be able to take a photo of my passport picture? Any tips on this? What has caused your photo to be denied at the pier?

Thanks! 

first time cruising with RCL and I took a picture of the extra passport photos I had from that process and submitted them. 

But if others are saying they take new new ones regardless, then oh well. Haha

4 hours ago, Sancho_proudfoot said:

I have never submitted a photo prior to arrival  at the  terminal. The check in person takes a photo  with the webcam thingy on their monitor, which to my mind is better since  it shows you as you looked on embarkation. 

Some of the newer ships have the RFID chips which does away with the traditional check in lines.  Instead, a bunch of people with ipads are running around checking people in before even getting through security.  If your photo passes muster when you talk to them, they bypass the picture taking, otherwise, they take a picture of you where you stand.  Then you go through security and board if the ship is boarding.  When i cruised on the Anthem in 2016, I got to the door of the port at noon and was onboard the ship at 12:10, it was that quick.  Priority boarding line never even came up or was needed for that cruise.  We were checked in walking up to the door, it was that quick.

On 4/3/2019 at 1:54 PM, barbiecruiser27 said:

Hi There,

I am trying to take my photo for the check in. Would I be able to take a photo of my passport picture? Any tips on this? What has caused your photo to be denied at the pier?

Thanks! 

I took a photo of the spare passport photo of my son (he was away at college so I couldn't snap a current and he told me to try to use that one) and it worked without issue!

The only one of ours that didn't work was my husband's - I had used a photo with his sunglasses on his head (not on his eyes) and they said they can't have anything on the head - I laughed because I told them they were unlikely to EVER see him without his sunglasses on his head so I thought it would be helpful but no biggie, they just had him take a new one.

Son's GF and I just used iPhone selfies we uploaded and both were accepted.