Cancel & then book a different cruise?

JeanieCM

We are having to cancel our cruise slated to start April 13th.  We have standard cancellation insurance,

so while we will be out some money, it will not be catastrophic.  Is there any chance that our monies

paid for this cruise could be transferred to a new booking in August?  And, if so, what are the guidelines

on that?  We do have a travel agent who has been out sick but will return in the next couple days.  I'm

just getting a little antsy & wanted to see if anyone here had successfully done this?  

Check the policy to be sure your reason for cancellation is covered. 

We did something like this on Royal Caribbean.  DH broke his hip, and our August cruise was re-booked in December.  We got our money back, and made a new booking.

Once we had to cancel our HAL cruise on embarkation day.  Filed through the insurance company with doctors's notes, receipts, etc.  The HAL cruise was not replaced with a different cruise.

These days, I take a 9x13 envelope to store our receipts in, just in case of an insurance claim.

Edited by knittinggirl
  • Like 3

I had to cancel a cruise, last year, and my PCC had no problem transferring my payment to an alternate cruise.  All I had to do was ask.  When I logged into my new booking I could see the payment in the account.

• Like 2