Berlin excursion & Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp

Hello,

My wife and I will be going on the 11day Baltic cruise on the regal princess starting April 29th in Copenhagen.  

We would like to see Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp as part of our excursion to Berlin May 7th but are having difficulty finding a company offering a group tour.  We have booked through TripAdvisor (Essenes of Berlin), ulko tours, and shore trips.  All of which were subsequently canceled.  We were hoping to spend no more than around $200 USD per person.  

Any advise ice would be appreciated.  

Thanks for the suggestion.  

I just checked Anastasia Tours ( I had not herd of them before) and it looks as though they have an excursion to Berlin that does not include the trip to Sachsenhausen.  The same as the other two you mentioned were offering.  

Are you aware of any tour operators out of Germany? 

Viator had (and may still have) a 6-hour tour from Berlin to the camp for about $20. But if you're trying to do this on a stop in Warnemunde, you may find that the timing won't work; it might be easier to rent a car and drive directly there, skipping Berlin entirely.

I emailed TJ tours directly and they are able to do the tour on May 7th for 140 per person.   I think my confusion the first time was based on the requirement of putting in your SPB dates at the time of booking.  I assumed that the Berlin tour had to be booked with a SPB tour.  TJ’s confirmed it did not.  

Thanks again 

happy cruising!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The excursion with TJ tours was very good. It was a whirl wind of an excursion with all there was to see but our guide was very knowledgeable.  He provided an interesting prospective as he lived in West Berlin while the wall was up.  

We we took the coach bus with the others taking just the “best of Berlin” tour to a rest stop outside of Berlin where we met with our guide to go to Sachsenhausen. There were 8 (my wife and I and 2 other groups)of the 40 or so that were on the coach bus that were doing the Sachsenhausen with Berlin excursion.  There was a mix up I guess and each of us got our own private guide for the rest of the day.  I think normally all 8 of us would have gone together.  So we had a private tour guide for the Sachsenhausen and the rest of the day in Berlin then met back up with the bus to travel back to the cruise port.

I was glad we saw Sachsenhausen it definitely gives a unique perspective.  We spent about an hour there.  Then went on to see Berlin which was mostly driving with quick stops at the main sights.