Price Comparisons Today vs Tomorrow

mfs2k

7 night Celebrity Edge - December 15, 2019 sailing - basic Oceanview midship cabin fully refundable deposit.  Includes ALL perks including Premium beverage package and additional OBC from large East coast TA of 275.00 including loyalty credit.  This was booked and deposited on January 14, 2019

booked price:   2711.90 including all taxes and fees 

new price on TA website including all perks today:  4345.64 including all taxes and fees(but only includes loyalty OBC of 50.00)

Whoa.  glad I grabbed this when I did in January......yikes! 

1 hour ago, mickey89 said:

I just looked at what we paid last year on Silhouette B2B in December 2018 in a 1A balcony cabin - £4176 with free Drinks Pkg.  This year the identical B2B cruise, same itinerary, same cabin grade costs £7097 with Free drinks and $400 obc

The price increase is 69%.  We have already jumped ship to MSC Yacht Club, WOW what a difference having just completed our first Yacht Club cruise on Preziosa. Already booked two more Yacht club cruises for 2020 and 2021, one on Preziosa the other on Seaside.

We are so glad that Celebrity hiked their prices otherwise we would probably never have tried the Yacht Club.  Celebrity could never match the quality of the experience at anything near to the prices of MSC which have already increased by 20% over last year. Thank you Celebrity, we won't be returning anytime soon if ever.

we have just tried the Marella Explorer - 2 weeks in Caribbean all inclusive including premium drinks and meals in MDR or in 3 specialty restaurants any night you want.  The prices including flights for £2830  total for 2 (inside cabin).  We were very hesitant about doing this but I had only a window of 3 weeks to travel in and wanted so much to visit Guadeloupe (death in paradise) as I was meant to be there for my 50th bday last year but took Leukemia so had to cancel - After 7 months in hospital getting to that place seemed like a victory of some sorts. We are so glad we tried them  the food was amazing especially for me as I am celiac, equivalent to a descent restaurant standard for taste and presentation,  afternoon tea a highlight and they still do late night buffets every night until 1am (not that we went lol).  We haven't sailed celebrity (will do in the summer as a big family celebration after last year).  We are not experts but we have sailed  on other lines a fair few times the food on Marella seemed the best so far.  The entertainment in the main shows was a bit of a hit or miss but the other musicians scattered about were exceptionally good.  The itinerary was amazing  and it is that which we choose or cruise for .   We are now looking at sailing with them again which we didn't think before we traveled we would want to do. 

• Like 1

We booked concierge cabin for 14 day Canada/New England cruise 9/8/19 when onboard in March, 2018. 

We paid for C3, free upgrade to C2, with 2 perks.

Paid $7293

Price today for same is $10999.

This has been at the $10000 mark for quite a while anyway since the cruise is heavily booked.

Insane!!!

Have a TP booked with no perks.   With new pricing we can get 4 perks for a increase of $2300, since we have to pay gratuties of $540 anyway the net increase is $1760 for beverage package, internet and OBC.  

I just looked at Solstice's TP for April 2021...weird pricing...  I can get two perks for $4,079 but to add the other two it's an extra $855 US PP -  $1,700 for unlimited internet and $300 OBC seems slightly excessive.  It is however showing the premium package, not the classic when picking 4 but still...that's a lot of money for internet.

8 minutes ago, Cruise Junky said:

I just looked at Solstice's TP for April 2021...weird pricing...  I can get two perks for $4,079 but to add the other two it's an extra $855 US PP -  $1,700 for unlimited internet and $300 OBC seems slightly excessive.  It is however showing the premium package, not the classic when picking 4 but still...that's a lot of money for internet.

For that price, you can launch your own satellite.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, A Sixth? said:

Checked my trans-Atlantic this fall.

Hmm, no dif on the X site

image.thumb.png.c7f25535ac8664a15d15221b99d60e49.png

On a travel agents site, no dif either (except that the prices are a bit lower)

I saw the same on one of my cruises but Celebrity's again and make understanding a bit difficult.     The rate  for the Non-Reundable is actually lower.    In my case the price is actually $532 lower without perks.   When you go to do a dummy booking it takes the higher amount and then discounts it.

Example:

australia.jpg.2734c124d4c668b3dd3ff0f09f33d58a.jpg

reduction.jpg.b18a4938ed4f98c282fea8482d77ed82.jpg

Edited by Jim_Iain

We did well...

We have a TA on Edge this fall.  Based on today's changes we moved from an E1 infinite verandah cabin to a C3 Concierge infinite verandah cabin for an additional $140/pp.  BUT this now includes gratuities and standard drink package which we did not have before.  In the long run this saves us about $1000 total.  :classic_biggrin:

Edited by Sascol

On Feb 4th we booked an A1 (Aqua class) cruise on Reflection for March 2020 10 night cruise.

non refundable $900 deposit, 

Premium Bev Package

Gratuities

WIFI (unlimited)

$450 OBC (including $150 POSTTHANKU) from X

$500 OBC from TA       total for 2 including tax $4,807.12

Fast forward to today, two months to the day later.

Today, same cruise, same category A1 cabin

non refundable $900 deposit

no perks  Total for 2 including tax $5,856.08  that is $1,048.96 more!

or Refundable deposit $900

2 perks

Total for 2 including tax $6,616.08 that is $1,809.04 more!

Both of today's quotes include FAR less for FAR MORE!

If these rates hold, we'll be spending our vacation dollars elsewhere!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, srdancer said:

We booked concierge cabin for 14 day Canada/New England cruise 9/8/19 when onboard in March, 2018. 

We paid for C3, free upgrade to C2, with 2 perks.

Paid $7293

Price today for same is $10999.

This has been at the $10000 mark for quite a while anyway since the cruise is heavily booked.

Insane!!!

We booked Sept 22 Canada/New England inside GTY $2732.60 for two, $250 OBC.

That's a $4,500  extra for a room with view that goes to the same places.

Enough to go to a specialty restaurant every day and pay for every excursion.  We could even do it twice.

1 minute ago, Quo Vadis? said:

We booked Sept 22 Canada/New England inside GTY $2732.60 for two, $250 OBC.

That's a $4,500  extra for a room with view that goes to the same places.

Enough to go to a specialty restaurant every day and pay for every excursion.  We could even do it twice.

It's all good till you're quarantined with norovirus and you cant look outside.

48 minutes ago, Sascol said:

We did well...

We have a TA on Edge this fall.  Based on today's changes we moved from an E1 infinite verandah cabin to a C3 Concierge infinite verandah cabin for an additional $140/pp.  BUT this now includes gratuities and standard drink package which we did not have before.  In the long run this saves us about $1000 total.  :classic_biggrin:

This sounds like a great deal...you get the Concierge lunch, extra Cap Club points, priority boarding, expanded room svc menu too!  Drink package on TAs used to be rare,

And many of the E1s did not have a great view,,,best as I recall. Good move!

Enjoy your cruise!

I've been following the suite prices on my fall Pacific Coastal on Eclipse. Our cabin price jumped by $180, between last night and this morning! BTW -- the suites on this sailing have not been moving very well.  All of the R/S & PH were still available, last time I checked. So, X's marketing strategy is to RAISE the prices?😏

I booked Feb 2021 9 day ABC islands last February with 2 perks Aqua class.  It was $5700 CDN when I booked and I have been tracking the price regularly for drops.  I did a mock booking today for the cabin next to us with two perks...$6400 CDN....so, that’s a $700 Cdn increase since yesterday...

Two days ago, I put a hold on a SV on the Apex for January 9, 2021.

Today’s price with the same two perks is $200/more.

It will be interesting to see how this new pricing pans out....

Edited by mari10

6 hours ago, Cruise Junky said:

Assuming that your TP is a 19-night cruise, it would be $45 pp per night to go from 2 to 4 perks (Premium upgrade included). That is that standard upgrade price for all cruises that has been around for some time.

We had a decent result today after adding the 2 perks to 2 of our existing bookings we had already, we had only booked insides originally and we’ve kept the same cabins so the increase we paid was purely for the 2 perks we picked (drinks & tips) for both cruises, bottom line the extra cost worked out as costing us $35 CAD per night per person for the drinks package and for us this is a great deal, esp as I planned on getting the non alcoholic package anyway so that’s pretty much the same price so lots of additional extras for me... especially as one of the cruises is a TA! 🍸👍🏻

• Like 1

I booked an A1 (#1140!) on the Infinity in April 2021 shortly after it was released. I did pay the A2 price because of the captain's club upgrade. The price was $1946.36 in February with 2 perks. I took drinks and OBC. I also got $150 for POSTTHANKU and another $150 from my TA for a total OBC of $600. Yesterday, the A1 price was $2365.50 with 2 perks. Today, the 2 perk price is $2,665.50!

17 hours ago, fragilek said:

We are not experts but we have sailed  on other lines a fair few times the food on Marella seemed the best so far.  The entertainment in the main shows was a bit of a hit or miss but the other musicians scattered about were exceptionally good.  The itinerary was amazing  and it is that which we choose or cruise for .   We are now looking at sailing with them again which we didn't think before we traveled we would want to do. 

Tui would not be my choice, suggest you wait until after your Celebrity cruise before booking another Marella cruise.

1 hour ago, mickey89 said:

Tui would not be my choice, suggest you wait until after your Celebrity cruise before booking another Marella cruise.

yip it will be interesting to see.  I love the itineraries Marella do and also their food was way better than Royal/ Carnival & Princess. I suppose for us the food and the ports are the main reason we cruise.  Not really into entertainment in a big way.  A few drinks listening to a decent piano or string quartet does it for us. Also like their "new ships" as I am not a fan of the mega ships we liked the vision class when Royal owned them. But we are holding off until after our celeb cruise before booking again.  We will then see where Celebrity comes on our list

One week ago. Celebrity Infinity 03/23/2020 A2 $779/pp with 2 perks. Today, A2 $999/pp with 2 perks ($809 non-refundable with nothing). Increase of $220/pp (28%). After a very enjoyable HAL cruise, this may be our last X cruise for a bit; we may look at one of the HAL ships that doesn't allow indoor smoking instead.

You can't price compare cruises that you booked several months ago. We all know the earlier book, the better the price (typically). That's not a fair comparison at all. If I were to do that I could say my next cruise increased over $3,000. But I booked it months ago on a trip that nearly sold out a year in advance. That's not apples to apples. 

I checked a few cruises and really see no difference other than the base fare being easier to find. Still $315/pp for all 4 perks on a 7 night cruise. All of the cruises I checked still show the premium package as the drink package with all 4 perks, not the classic. From the info sheet posted earlier, I understood you would get the classic package with all 4 perks.