Cruise Critic Community
bigwill25

Mardi Gras 3/06/2021

On 4/3/2019 at 9:57 PM, bigwill25 said:

Just booked this cruise today only 703 days to go let the count down begin !

Snagged a corner wrap --- just in case. Not 100% sure of this date, but time will tell !

Tom

On 6/24/2019 at 3:18 PM, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Snagged a corner wrap --- just in case. Not 100% sure of this date, but time will tell !

Tom

Nice

20 minutes ago, bigwill25 said:

Nice

Man, this is 2021 we're talking about here. But, no doubt, it'll be here before you know it!

Tom

On 7/14/2019 at 3:31 PM, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Man, this is 2021 we're talking about here. But, no doubt, it'll be here before you know it!

Tom

I know wild isn't it !

19 minutes ago, cruisin_rn said:

Just booked today after my earlier one got cancelled!

What happened with your previous sailing - have not been following things (but, WELCOME) !!

Tom

Was booked on the Oct. 16, 2020 on the Mardi Gras. It was going to be the first cruise out of Port Canaveral.  Then a delay in the ship building process happened and they cancelled all cruise till 11/14/20

3 minutes ago, cruisin_rn said:

Was booked on the Oct. 16, 2020 on the Mardi Gras. It was going to be the first cruise out of Port Canaveral.  Then a delay in the ship building process happened and they cancelled all cruise till 11/14/20

Sorry to hear that - wow.

I recall being booked on a Carnival cruise which was its first or second sailing. Although there's something to be said for that "new ship smell", there were several areas of the ship which were not finished, and you could tell the crew were not all working well as a team yet. That was enough to convince me to steer clear of early voyages - that said, it looks like you were a few voyages after the initial sailing. 

Again -- WELCOME !!

Tom

Just booked today!!  Kids spring break for next year.  DS will be a Senior in College and DD will be a sophomore.  Not sure how many family trips we have left (will be harder to schedule). They both go to the same college so that makes things easier.

Booked using my Chase Points.  Found the cabin I wanted - it was the last Havana Cabana for 4.  Thought I would surprise everyone and splurge since those patios look awesome.  As I am booking the lady has to call Carnival cuz she is getting an error. Turns out someone snagged the room before she could finish. So, disappointed.  So, went online to see other options and within a few minutes that room was back.  I put a 48 hour Carnival hold on it.  Then called Chase and Carnival and got it all worked out.   I am so excited.  Was thinking of not telling DH or the kids that I got a Havana Cabana - but I am horrible at secrets and that would last like a week. 

Was originally going to book the Panorama but the more reviews I read  changed out minds.  The ship looks awesome as do the ports (Mexican Riviera)  but the iffy weather on Sea Days to and from the ports changed our minds.  We like warm weather (coming from Minnesota). 

Will also be watching for FTTF to come out.  Love using that.  Can't wait to find out more as they release more info.

2 hours ago, LynnTH said:

Just booked today!!  Kids spring break for next year.  DS will be a Senior in College and DD will be a sophomore.  Not sure how many family trips we have left (will be harder to schedule). They both go to the same college so that makes things easier.

Booked using my Chase Points.  Found the cabin I wanted - it was the last Havana Cabana for 4.  Thought I would surprise everyone and splurge since those patios look awesome.  As I am booking the lady has to call Carnival cuz she is getting an error. Turns out someone snagged the room before she could finish. So, disappointed.  So, went online to see other options and within a few minutes that room was back.  I put a 48 hour Carnival hold on it.  Then called Chase and Carnival and got it all worked out.   I am so excited.  Was thinking of not telling DH or the kids that I got a Havana Cabana - but I am horrible at secrets and that would last like a week. 

Was originally going to book the Panorama but the more reviews I read  changed out minds.  The ship looks awesome as do the ports (Mexican Riviera)  but the iffy weather on Sea Days to and from the ports changed our minds.  We like warm weather (coming from Minnesota). 

Will also be watching for FTTF to come out.  Love using that.  Can't wait to find out more as they release more info.

Welcome to the roll call   :)

Tom