Coco Cay

If you rent one of the South Beach Cabanas, is there a attendant/waiter?  We will be there June 2020 and it's just showed up available to rent in my planner.  I know these go quick.  We will have the drink package and loved the service we had at our cabana in Labadee.  Hoping it's the same here.   Also it says it's a 10 minute walk from the pier.  Is there a type of golf cart taxi service, we have older people in the group that can't walk far.

Edited by mzhibbs
notifications

If these are over the water cabanas, they will not be finished and available til dec this year. Having said that there isn't going to alot of info available now. 

If you really are into it. Book it. You can always cancel as info becomes available, and it doesn't suit you. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, suesnake2002 said:

If these are over the water cabanas, they will not be finished and available til dec this year. Having said that there isn't going to alot of info available now. 

If you really are into it. Book it. You can always cancel as info becomes available, and it doesn't suit you. 

I went a head and booked it.  It's not the over the water, which would be amazing but out of my price range! LOL  I'm hoping my parents will be able to enjoy it with us.  Hopefully they will be providing a Tram or golf cart service to the location for those who have mobility issues.

• 2 weeks later...

Dont waste your time or Money. My wife and 2 friends were just on CoCo Cay last week on the Amthem and rented a Day Bed for $150.00. It was terrible! After having to wait 20 min for the golf cart to pick us up by the pool. We were shown our Day Bed and told that someone would be around to take out drinlk order and food order, After 30 min a waittress showed up and we ordered drinks, That was the Last ime we saw her. The at 11:30am they brought the food we ordered, It came in Plastic boxes, the Salad was HOT! the Burgers were COLD and the chees wasnt melted. When we thru them out and was asked by the same guy that showed us the daybed how everything was he Laughed and walked away.

We left at12pm and found 3 differnt officers from the ship and told they what had happened and they assured us they would take care of it, They NEVER Did. We went back to the Pool found a large tble in the Bar area, Walked over to the Buffet area and had a Great lunch while they cooked all the food in front of us.

When we returned from Nassua they next day Still nothing from anyone on the ship, I went to customer Service and conplained only at that time did anyone call us from Shore Exscutions dept. After we returned back from dinner my wife notce that they removed the cost for the Daybed from our account.

Bottom line, Dont waste your time giving them Money for VIP service because it run by the Local Not the personal from the Ship, You'll have beeter service and food at the Pool for FREE.

• Like 1

On 4/18/2019 at 12:04 PM, edsbiggbuck said:

Bottom line, Dont waste your time giving them Money for VIP service because it run by the Local Not the personal from the Ship, You'll have beeter service and food at the Pool for FREE.

Hmmm, if run by outside operators that could explain the recent poor reviews of Cabana service (or lack thereof) as well.  

Off topic but does anyone know where the basketball and volleyball courts are on the new CC map?  Recent compasses show activities planned at the courts on "island".

I spoke to the concierge for the clam shells and he said that they live on the island for 1 month and then have 1 week off, so they aren't ship's company. They do have a tram that takes you from near the shore excursion hut to South Beach and it runs on a schedule, so you may end up waiting for it. It took us 40 minutes to get from our cabin to our clam shell (which is just down the beach from the cabanas). I can't speak to the service but the bar was only 40 or so feet from us. We never ate on the island because of the big breakfast we'd eaten on the ship.

On 4/18/2019 at 12:04 PM, edsbiggbuck said:

Dont waste your time or Money. My wife and 2 friends were just on CoCo Cay last week on the Amthem and rented a Day Bed for $150.00. It was terrible! After having to wait 20 min for the golf cart to pick us up by the pool. We were shown our Day Bed and told that someone would be around to take out drinlk order and food order, After 30 min a waittress showed up and we ordered drinks, That was the Last ime we saw her. The at 11:30am they brought the food we ordered, It came in Plastic boxes, the Salad was HOT! the Burgers were COLD and the chees wasnt melted. When we thru them out and was asked by the same guy that showed us the daybed how everything was he Laughed and walked away.

We left at12pm and found 3 differnt officers from the ship and told they what had happened and they assured us they would take care of it, They NEVER Did. We went back to the Pool found a large tble in the Bar area, Walked over to the Buffet area and had a Great lunch while they cooked all the food in front of us.

When we returned from Nassua they next day Still nothing from anyone on the ship, I went to customer Service and conplained only at that time did anyone call us from Shore Exscutions dept. After we returned back from dinner my wife notce that they removed the cost for the Daybed from our account.

We rented a beach bed last year and had a great experience.  I have one rented for May 10th, are you aware if they've moved them since the construction began?  On the map it appears there will be something else where they are/were.  On our previous visit the bar was right by the beds/bungalows, about 40ft from our bed (the first one you come to/closest to the water).  I'm hoping they didn't move them since they were in a nice secluded area where only people that rented beds/bungalows are permitted. 

I call it transition weeks 

maybe it’s consistency but a few weeks before a ship gets to dry dock, something new is coming ( new coco cat in May), new ports or ship I see so much confusion from the crew like everyone is following their own rule. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, yzfmik said:

We rented a beach bed last year and had a great experience.  I have one rented for May 10th, are you aware if they've moved them since the construction began?  On the map it appears there will be something else where they are/were.  On our previous visit the bar was right by the beds/bungalows, about 40ft from our bed (the first one you come to/closest to the water).  I'm hoping they didn't move them since they were in a nice secluded area where only people that rented beds/bungalows are permitted. 

we rented one last year as well and really enjoyed it. But from the looks of the construction it looks like most of the new stuff is on a different cay right next to it. Am I mistaken?

5 hours ago, twangster said:

A condition of the deal with the Bahamian government is employing locals when possible.  They worked with a local training institute of some kind to perform hospitality industry training.  

And CoCo Cay has used locals since Royal first took it over 25yrs ago. Now Labadee at one time didn't have allow locals on it including no Straw Market, was very rustic 30yrs ago. No water toys, no buildings except one bathroom. Only locals were couple guys sitting on a surf board on the shark net protecting the lagoon.  Ihave no problems employing locals

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, mcatmcat said:

I call it transition weeks 

maybe it’s consistency but a few weeks before a ship gets to dry dock, something new is coming ( new coco cat in May), new ports or ship I see so much confusion from the crew like everyone is following their own rule. 

I agree. they will get the kinks out soon enough. 

Most of the ships  stopping there have been smaller ships with  relatively few passengers.    Hope they get all the kinks worked out.   We will arrive in early May on Harmony.  I expected it to be a madhouse! Our trip is the first time an oasis class ships will call on the island.  

M

On ‎4‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 2:58 PM, yzfmik said:

The Bar was about 100ft away But had no mixers for any frozen drinks only mixed drinks ( Very Limited and Beer) And they ran out of Caronas and asked if they would go get more and they told us to go to the next bar and see if they had anymore.