Royal Princess - April 6 - Embarkation

Clampram

According to Princess website we can't board until 2 PM on this Saturday due to a drill onboard. Having never been to the San Pedro terminal I'd like to know what it's like as far as seating and indoor space. Will we be standing for 2 hours with 3000 other people or is the terminal fairly comfortable with seating for all. We've never been to San Pedro before. Also we are in Marina Del Ray.............if you know this area what time should we cab it over to the port?

Thanks in advance!

33 minutes ago, Clampram said:

According to Princess website we can't board until 2 PM on this Saturday due to a drill onboard. Having never been to the San Pedro terminal I'd like to know what it's like as far as seating and indoor space. Will we be standing for 2 hours with 3000 other people or is the terminal fairly comfortable with seating for all. We've never been to San Pedro before.

Thanks in advance!

Once you're inside there are lots of places to sit, both before you check in and after you pass through security.

The only thing that would make you wait (standing) is if they don't open the doors to let you in. I can't imagine that would happen. Not enough room for 3000 people to stand around outside.

Edited by JF - retired RRT

You are about 40 minutes from San Pedro.

We were just at the San Pedro terminal in March. The terminal is quite spacious, but doubtful there are enough seats for all 3,600 passengers that the Royal holds. 

You may wish to depart the hotel earlier, drop your luggage with the porters and then walk over to tour the Battleship Iowa which is just a few berths away. To tour the battleship be aware that you have to climb and descend some steep stairways.

• Like 1

We will NOT be in the large terminal which is 93. We will be at 92, the tent, from what others have mentioned, not a whole lot of seating.  We plan to arrive at 10:45 in order to secure parking, which one poster on another thread mentioned was almost full shortly after the noon hour.   If they let us enter the terminal fine, if not we will leave our luggage with the porters and go walk around for a while.  

Rumor has it  that it will be a Coast Guard inspection, or some kind of crew drill.  

Clamp ram, please refer to the LIVE FROM Royal 4/6 thread or our roll call, because there has been much discussion regarding embarkation.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Clampram said:

According to Princess website we can't board until 2 PM on this Saturday due to a drill onboard. Having never been to the San Pedro terminal I'd like to know what it's like as far as seating and indoor space. Will we be standing for 2 hours with 3000 other people or is the terminal fairly comfortable with seating for all. We've never been to San Pedro before. Also we are in Marina Del Ray.............if you know this area what time should we cab it over to the port?

Thanks in advance!

52 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Once you're inside there are lots of places to sit, both before you check in and after you pass through security.

The only thing that would make you wait (standing) is if they don't open the doors to let you in. I can't imagine that would happen. Not enough room for 3000 people to stand around outside.

12 minutes ago, skynight said:

You are about 40 minutes from San Pedro.

We were just at the San Pedro terminal in March. The terminal is quite spacious, but doubtful there are enough seats for all 3,600 passengers that the Royal holds. 

You may wish to depart the hotel earlier, drop your luggage with the porters and then walk over to tour the Battleship Iowa which is just a few berths away. To tour the battleship be aware that you have to climb and descend some steep stairways.

Sorry meant to  before posting.  

• March 29, 2007
  •  
  • 6,107 posts
  • SF Bay Area, California

We will NOT be in the large terminal which is 93. We will be at 92, the tent, from what others have mentioned, not a whole lot of seating.  We plan to arrive at 10:45 in order to secure parking, which one poster on another thread mentioned was almost full shortly after the noon hour.   If they let us enter the terminal fine, if not we will leave our luggage with the porters and go walk around for a while.  

Rumor has it  that it will be a Coast Guard inspection, or some kind of crew drill.  

Clamp ram, please refer to the LIVE FROM Royal 4/6 thread or our roll call, because there has been much discussion regarding embarkation.  

The berth that fits the larger ships such as Royal Princess and NCL Bliss is the one closest to USS Iowa.

Now I'm confused if thats berth 92 or 93 but it's the one close to the USS Iowa.

Edited by Georgie562

21 minutes ago, Georgie562 said:

The berth that fits the larger ships such as Royal Princess and NCL Bliss is the one closest to USS Iowa.

Now I'm confused if thats berth 92 or 93 but it's the one close to the USS Iowa.

34 minutes ago, 4cats4me said:

I apologize 

ologize  A

info indicates we will be at Pier 91 not 92

34508741-D2A1-44E9-9EBC-13ECB861ECD7.png

Berth 91 is the tent across from Berth 92 which is shown in the previous photo.

B93 is to the left, B92 in the middle and B91 is the tent next to it by the USS Iowa.

Posts from the first 2 sailings boarded from B92 and departing backed down the channel to turnaround in the basin before sailing into open water.

F51AD0E6-F129-49B0-9945-424409089C1C.jpeg

Edited by Astro Flyer

3 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

Berth 91 is the tent across from Berth 92 which is shown in the previous photo.

B93 is to the left, B92 in the middle and B91 is the tent next to it by the USS Iowa.

Posts from the first 2 sailings boarded from B92 and departing backed down the channel to turnaround in the basin before sailing into open water.

F51AD0E6-F129-49B0-9945-424409089C1C.jpeg

Well now, I am a bit confused.  The document above refers to 91. Why did the other two sailings board at 92? Oh, WHAT DOES IT ALL MEAN? 😂 

16 minutes ago, 4cats4me said:

Well now, I am a bit confused.  The document above refers to 91. Why did the other two sailings board at 92? Oh, WHAT DOES IT ALL MEAN? 😂 

Based on what I’ve read it appears that both are being used possibly because B92 is a smaller terminal that needs to embark more passengers.  Maybe the B91 tent is used to drop off luggage?

A cruise friend said they boarded the Royal at B92 on 3/23.  There haven’t been too many posts about the procedure for the Royal which I’ll get to experience in a couple of weeks.

B91/B92 are adjacent to each other & maybe you could post your experiences on Saturday. 😊

Read your update & the port’s schedule has always shown using B92.

Edited by Astro Flyer

4 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

Based on what I’ve read it appears that both are being used possibly because B92 is a smaller terminal that needs to embark more passengers.  Maybe the B91 tent is used to drop off luggage?

A cruise friend said they boarded the Royal at B92 on 3/23.  There haven’t been too many posts about the procedure for the Royal which I’ll get to experience in a couple of weeks.

B91/B92 are adjacent to each other & maybe you could post your experiences on Saturday. 😊

Read your update & the port’s schedule has always shown using B92.

Yes, we will definitely let everyone know what happens.  

• Thanks 1