Cheapest Ruins Option in Costa Maya?

OceansOfTravels

Hello,

I will be in Costa Maya in about two months and I'm looking for the cheapest option to go to some Mayan ruins. What are some cheap tour companies I could use? If there is no way around dropping some money in this port, we will likely just go to the beach here, despite having already planned that in Roatan. We justed wanted to try something new! So, if any of you can, please let me know some good options for spending the day in Costa Maya at some local Mayan ruins. Thank you in advance!

Check Native Choice.  Probably their Chacchoben ruins tour is the cheapest, as it's the closest and you can get the ruins with out the blue lagoon or Maya lunch.  And it will be way better than anything the ship will offer.

https://thenativechoice.com/

I bellieve shoreexcursioner offers tours as well, but no idea if cheaper or better.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, crewsweeper said:

Check Native Choice.  Probably their Chacchoben ruins tour is the cheapest, as it's the closest and you can get the ruins with out the blue lagoon or Maya lunch.  And it will be way better than anything the ship will offer.

https://thenativechoice.com/

I bellieve shoreexcursioner offers tours as well, but no idea if cheaper or better.

Thank you so much for your fast reply and for your help! I'll definitely look into it!

We would recommend Tucan Tours, bought through Shore Excursioneer.  Small van with driver and guide.  Chacchoban tour was great and we only had 6 people on the tour.  Arrived before the tour buses and had very few people there.  Meeting place is at the pyramid about 100 yards from the port security entrance. `