cruise norwegian app

I downloaded the app earlier this year as we sailed on the Jade in March. I have a Samsung s10.  Downloaded from Google Play store. Everything worked fine. The app actually worked pretty good on the ship for the text and person to person calling while on board.   Happy cruising!  🙂 

I think it scans for a ships WiFi SSID when first opened to determine which mode to use, if it doesn’t find one it goes into the normal mode where it basically duplicates the website. Mine didn’t want to let me log in when I first downloaded it it would just keep spinning like you describe after I hit “log in”. If I recall I just deleted and reinstalled and it worked.....

I didn't have the spinning issue others have described, so can't comment anything about that. After I installed the app it went to a login screen for your MyNCL account, once I logged into MyNCL account, it just showed my NCL account and my upcoming cruise info, vacation summary, same as it did when accessed via any other device, PC, etc. Once onboard the Jade I put my phone on airplane mode, and connected my phone to the ships wifi, then opened the Cruise Norwegian app again it gave me the ability and options to make reservations and see my ship account and purchase the text and person to person phone call feature for $9.95. It actually worked pretty slick.  Hope it quits giving you a problem and have a great cruise!

I have an iphone 8 and my hubby iphone 6 and have used the NCL app successfully for awhile.  Early yesterday, the app suddenly would shut off and not load. There was an update for the app that came through yesterday and I had hopped it would fix this issue, but it's still the same - I click the icon, starts to load, then clicks off.  I'm finding it sits open trying to load in the background if I double click, but not functioning.  Hope NCL gets this fixed asap!!

Edited by gumpster

• 3 weeks later...

3 hours ago, Animalgirl27 said:

The app works fine for me on Andriod. 

Ditto ... download/re-installed "newest" Cruise Norwegian App just fine on iOS 12.x on iPhone; and, on Androids, stock Oreo & Pie roms on Moto and Xiaomi dual-sims global.  

Having issues, uninstall the old ones, reboot (clear dalvik & cache in Androids) and clean install newest one from Play Store.  

5 hours ago, mbottoms66 said:

To use the calling part of the app, do my wife and I have to have two separate NCL accounts or can we both log into the account I created when I booked the cruise?

Yes, especially if you want and plan to use the calling function, an optional feature (priced @ $9.95 as one-time fee, good for duration of the cruise on the ship) ... you log into the App with your MyNCL dot com's userid and password.  "Cookies" are placed/stored on each device based on its unique MAC address ... and, an 8 digits mobile number is assigned by the onboard server system.  Be sure to turn-on Airplane Mode & re-enable WiFi to connect to the ship's inTRAnet.   

18 hours ago, mking8288 said:

Ditto ... download/re-installed "newest" Cruise Norwegian App just fine on iOS 12.x on iPhone; and, on Androids, stock Oreo & Pie roms on Moto and Xiaomi dual-sims global.  

Having issues, uninstall the old ones, reboot (clear dalvik & cache in Androids) and clean install newest one from Play Store.  

Yes, especially if you want and plan to use the calling function, an optional feature (priced @ $9.95 as one-time fee, good for duration of the cruise on the ship) ... you log into the App with your MyNCL dot com's userid and password.  "Cookies" are placed/stored on each device based on its unique MAC address ... and, an 8 digits mobile number is assigned by the onboard server system.  Be sure to turn-on Airplane Mode & re-enable WiFi to connect to the ship's inTRAnet.   

Thank you!

• Haha 1

My husband and I used only one MyNCL account to use the calling and text features via the Cruise Norwegian app. Once you pay the $9.95 per device, we each have a cell phone, I downloaded the app to both of our phones prior to cruise, we then logged into my MyNCL account. We did not need to set up two different MyNCL accounts. Each device was assigned an 8 digit ship #, so you don't use your cell phone #. You do have to put your phone on airplane mode and then go to you wifi setting and access the ship's wifi, you will see the name of your ship in the wifi connections option. Ask it to connect and begin using the app features. You must make sure that you authorize your ship account to be charged the $9.95 from each phone separately.  Hope this helps!  

@erdoran  - Unless it's been changed very recently, you do not need to activate that $9.95 ship only texting & calling plan as that's not for calling ashore, and, to make those 79 cents a minute calls, as those are different.  

Just download & install the free App onto your smartphone or iPhone pre-cruise, to make it easier. These free guides are available at the ship's iCafe.

IMG_20181102_142210436.jpg

IMG_20181102_142152730.jpg

IMG_20181102_142241136.jpg

Screenshot_20181028-223401.png