Muroran and Kushiro

courticeguy

• 2 weeks later...

Generally speaking, there are no local tour operators on any dock anywhere in Japan.

They just do not operate that way.

You can find independent operators through the internet, and arrange to have them meet you on the pier.

We were in Muroran last year on the Golden Princess. We did our own thing in all Japanese ports (we have been across the country numerous times). Muroran was probably our least favourite port of all of our stops. There was a shuttle bus which was essentially a HOHO at a charge. I blogged about our day in port if you want to see what we did with some photos and info. We didn't visit the other port.

https://tanyastravelblog.wordpress.com/2018/05/08/perhaps-a-little-underwhelmed/

• 1 month later...
On 4/14/2019 at 7:51 PM, tsutt35 said:

We were in Muroran last year on the Golden Princess. We did our own thing in all Japanese ports (we have been across the country numerous times). Muroran was probably our least favourite port of all of our stops. There was a shuttle bus which was essentially a HOHO at a charge. I blogged about our day in port if you want to see what we did with some photos and info. We didn't visit the other port.

https://tanyastravelblog.wordpress.com/2018/05/08/perhaps-a-little-underwhelmed/

Thanks for posting the link—but it doesn’t work. Any suggestion of how to get to it?

On 4/4/2019 at 10:21 AM, courticeguy said:

We will be visiting these ports at the end of the month on the Westerdam and would be interested to know if there are an abundance of or any local tour operators at the dock.

Thanks, Derek

Derek,

Someone on a current cruise was just in Kushiro last week and answered that in our roll call:

10 minutes ago, SoBaycruiser said:

Derek,

Someone on a current cruise was just in Kushiro last week and answered that in our roll call:

Thanks, got back from the cruise a couple of weeks ago and found nothing at the dock other than transportation into town.

5 hours ago, tsutt35 said:

That’s strange. I did a major overhaul of my blog site last month. Maybe I stuffed something up! Try this one.

Thanks so much! Great blog post. 😎

( I think the problem was there was no link in your earlier URL, so when I copied and pasted it into my browser, it somehow didn’t work.)

Appreciatively,

Mary-Lou