On Royal Princess now DON'T!

planb

We have cruised over 12  x with Princess and this is the worst! Some good but customer service and interactive personnel have been the worst to down right rude. I am in the field of customer service over 25 years and there would be a lot of firing taking place. We are easy go I going professional 50 year olds and it just has not stopped since we boarded. Will write full info later as one of the items (platnum free 150 min. Intenet) vanished.

• Haha 2

So some W e have always done traditional s seating to get

to know people check night before we left all was correct change d

when we got our cards, waited 1 hour to talk to mattered he was all

over the place said all taken care of gave us a table number showed up to!d on this I anytime.

medallion is a joke you now need to caN both cars and medallion for on and off ship. Lost onboard credits and wait time for any in customer service desk and that no Answers just check later.Don't worry I have a list but no internet time have to go talk to them now.

Wow, your posts are really hard to read.  Hope you can get your internet minutes back and post more details.  Is it just a Medallion problem or what exactly?  It's been discussed here many times that you have to carry both the Medallion and your cruise card.  Hope the cruise gets better for you.

• Like 9

As far as I know of they are still Beta testing the medallion on the Royal.

We will be boarding this Saturday. I put the apps on both mine and hubbys phone, just in case.

I am concerned about his saying he lost his OBC and 250 minutes (I am assuming Platinum gift)

I carry ALL the paperwork with me just so I can get whatever corrected.  

So far I have not had a problem.  Now that I said it...**eek** 🤐

• Like 1

I think OP is more upset about the customer service or lack of.  Cruiser from last week also voiced her concern here about the lack of good customer service . So maybe there really is a problem with good customer service on this ship. 

1 minute ago, greenie082756 said:

We will be boarding this Saturday. I put the apps on both mine and hubbys phone, just in case.

I am concerned about his saying he lost his OBC and 250 minutes (I am assuming Platinum gift)

I carry ALL the paperwork with me just so I can get whatever corrected.  

So far I have not had a problem.  Now that I said it...**eek** 🤐

Sometimes people lose all their internet minutes when they forget to log out. Usually a nice chat with the internet manager will get them back.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, billco said:

Sometimes people lose all their internet minutes when they forget to log out. Usually a nice chat with the internet manager will get them back.

That has happened to me more times than I would like to admit but they are nice about giving them back to you 

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, planb said:

over the place said all taken care of gave us a table number showed up to!d on this I anytime.

medallion is a joke you now need to caN both cars and medallion for on and off ship. Lost onboard credits and wait time for any in customer service desk and that no Answers just check later.Don't worry I have a list but no internet time have to go talk to them now.

I agree.......as stated in a prior post try and deal with it onboard. 

Sometimes between trying to type on one's phone, and auto-correct, there can be issues.  I try and give the benefit of the doubt.

Hopefully the OP's problems can be resolved.  I think the medallion roll-out probably has a lot to do with it. 

2 hours ago, planb said:

Did you sail with the Premium Beverage Package?  That's a pretty nice deal.....

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Micah's Grandad said:

That has happened to me more times than I would like to admit but they are nice about giving them back to you 

Happened to me on the Coral in January and I was positive I logged out.  A polite chat at the internet cafe restored the drained minutes.  The logout can be glitchy from time to time and the network disconnect does not actually occur.  I now log out twice in a row to make more certain.  I type logout.com in the address bar or access logout.com through the drop down history when I click on the bar.  No problems since.  We are on the Regal right now and the internet speed is excellent with very few glitches.  It took 16 minutes to download my Economist magazine on the Coral 2 months ago.  It just took 35 seconds on the Regal today.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, planb said:

As far as OBC goes if it is not in their computer onboard, they need to send back to corporate (a totally different system) as such they do not have a response until corporate responds so that is why they will ask for one to check back later if it does not appear on their account. Last time I went through that it popped about 2 hours later.  Some TA OBC's take until day 2 two so to appear.

As far a Medallion that is not a ship customer service issue. They can just junk Medallion as far as I am concerned.

Edited by RDC1
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, RDC1 said:

As far a Medallion that is not a ship customer service issue. They can just junk Medallion as far as I am concerned.

<< Back
Carnival Corporation's OceanMedallion™ Receives Red Dot Award
Prestigious international recognition is company's fifth innovation award in five months

http://phoenix.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=140690&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=2393565

10 hours ago, hobbyfarmer2 said:

Happened to me on the Coral in January and I was positive I logged out.  A polite chat at the internet cafe restored the drained minutes.  The logout can be glitchy from time to time and the network disconnect does not actually occur.  I now log out twice in a row to make more certain.  I type logout.com in the address bar or access logout.com through the drop down history when I click on the bar.  No problems since.  We are on the Regal right now and the internet speed is excellent with very few glitches.  It took 16 minutes to download my Economist magazine on the Coral 2 months ago.  It just took 35 seconds on the Regal today.

I have the internet guy put the two apps on my iphone (log in app and log out app) as soon as I board, and the above issue is resolved.  Now I just have to remember to log out!!!!!!!!

Pooh

12 hours ago, RDC1 said:

As far as OBC goes if it is not in their computer onboard, they need to send back to corporate (a totally different system) as such they do not have a response until corporate responds so that is why they will ask for one to check back later if it does not appear on their account. Last time I went through that it popped about 2 hours later.  Some TA OBC's take until day 2 two so to appear.

So NONE of it is a passenger service issue? Hope OP's trip is going better now 

Better verbiage by that desk to her: I'm sorry you're having a problem. If you ask the internet cafe s/he can restore minutes, meanwhile we can ask shoreside to load your OBC but it takes a few days.  bet she's still upset which will ruin her trip and escalate 

Edited by Ombud
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, greenie082756 said:

We're onboard now too - 2nd half of a b2b.  I can confirm there really have been more issues with customer service than the norm.  While you may have your paperwork they won't believe it until Corporate confirms it.

The medallion is indeed in beta testing and both cards and medallions are used getting on and off the ship - they have 2 people scanning you but it is a bit of a slowdown.  None of the Ocean apps work yet. O3b (the MedallionNet provider) contractors with attitudes are onboard. 

If you precheck with Ocean Ready it does slightly speed up check in, but berth 92 is major zoo time.

MedallionNet is fast and reasonably reliable, didn't find a single deadspot (except in the Engine Control Room).  We bought the package precruise for 7 days at $59.99. You can trade in your Plat/Elite minutes for 25% off the $9.99 per day whole voyage rate available on Day 1 with a visit to Internet Cafe.  ($52.45 for the week)

Maitre'd screwed us getting Chef's Table. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ferd Berfle said:

We're onboard now too - 2nd half of a b2b.  I can confirm there really have been more issues with customer service than the norm.  While you may have your paperwork they won't believe it until Corporate confirms it.

The medallion is indeed in beta testing and both cards and medallions are used getting on and off the ship - they have 2 people scanning you but it is a bit of a slowdown.  None of the Ocean apps work yet. O3b (the MedallionNet provider) contractors with attitudes are onboard. 

If you precheck with Ocean Ready it does slightly speed up check in, but berth 92 is major zoo time.

MedallionNet is fast and reasonably reliable, didn't find a single deadspot (except in the Engine Control Room).  We bought the package precruise for 7 days at $59.99. You can trade in your Plat/Elite minutes for 25% off the $9.99 per day whole voyage rate available on Day 1 with a visit to Internet Cafe.  ($52.45 for the week)

What happened with the Chef's Table?

2 minutes ago, Piperpals said:

What happened with the Chef's Table?

We just missed the cutoff last week, the M'd stopped by our table later on, he knew our names and promised we'd be at the top of the list for this week, we called in right after reboarding but no word -- not even the nice note telling us we didn't make it.

58 minutes ago, Ferd Berfle said:

I 100% agree with poor customer service. I was the one who posted about the horrible service I received last week - I also had all the paperwork in hand but front desk wouldn’t even look at it. I spent far too much time having to fix their mistakes and, since returning, have cancelled the two future Royal cruises I had booked.

OP hope your issues get resolved!

Mr Berfle- didn’t realize you were on for another week! Thanks for letting us all crash your cabin!

1 hour ago, Ferd Berfle said:

We just missed the cutoff last week, the M'd stopped by our table later on, he knew our names and promised we'd be at the top of the list for this week, we called in right after reboarding but no word -- not even the nice note telling us we didn't make it.

Who was the Maitre'D?  Thanks.

1 hour ago, Ferd Berfle said:

That stinks! We are going to try for the chefs table this coming week. Should we ask at Passenger services instead?