Elderly women gets revenge on a chair hog

sandycruzr

😂 There is a lot of talk about how to deal with chair hogs on these cc boards and it reminded me of a funny story. 

I woke up early on a sea day and found a prime seat by the pool.  I was sitting in the chair for about three hours when an elderly lady asked me if anyone was sitting in the chair beside me. I told her that the towels and books were on the chair when I sat down 3 hours ago but no one actually sat in them all morning.  She carefully took the items to the towel

guy for

the lost and found.  The lovely lady sat down and ordered a nice cold drink.  She told me she had 27 grandchildren and 6 great grandkids. She appeared to be a very sweet woman.  About an hour later she told me she was quickly running to the rest room and asked me to watch her belongings.  Of course I said I would. 

Suddenly this young woman plopped herself down on the lounge chair and threw the woman’s belongings on the wet pool deck.  I was shocked. I told her someone is sitting there and she will return momentarily.  The young woman yelled “This is my f$&$$$$g chair!”  I explained to her that the chair was unoccupied for at least 5 hours and told her that saving chairs is not allowed.  A minute later the lovely elderly woman returned and told the girl to leave.  She refused. Security was summoned and they told the young woman to leave. She eventually left after swearing at all of us. 

I thought that was the end of the drama, but oh no!

I noticed the elderly woman throwing a pair of shoes in the garbage and thought it was a little strange. Well, an hour after the big verbal assault, the young woman reappeared apparently searching frantically for something 🙂.  The young woman asked me and the elderly woman if we had seen her “VERY EXPENSIVE  Louboutin shoes?” Without missing a beat the elderly woman said “Oh the red bottom shoes?”  Yes the young woman replied   “Haven’t seen ‘em!” said the elderly woman. 

After the young woman stormed off, the elderly woman looked at me, winked and

said “That will fix her!”

While I don’t condone throwing people’s belongings in the garbage, it was so funny for so many reasons. That Grandma was one feisty woman and I had lots of laughs with her throughout the cruise. 

• Like 31
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 12

11 minutes ago, sandycruzr said:

😂 There is a lot of talk about how to deal with chair hogs on these cc boards and it reminded me of a funny story. 

I woke up early on a sea day and found a prime seat by the pool.  I was sitting in the chair for about three hours when an elderly lady asked me if anyone was sitting in the chair beside me. I told her that the towels and books were on the chair when I sat down 3 hours ago but no one actually sat in them all morning.  She carefully took the items to the towel

guy for

the lost and found.  The lovely lady sat down and ordered a nice cold drink.  She told me she had 27 grandchildren and 6 great grandkids. She appeared to be a very sweet woman.  About an hour later she told me she was quickly running to the rest room and asked me to watch her belongings.  Of course I said I would. 

Suddenly this young woman plopped herself down on the lounge chair and threw the woman’s belongings on the wet pool deck.  I was shocked. I told her someone is sitting there and she will return momentarily.  The young woman yelled “This is my f$&$$$$g chair!”  I explained to her that the chair was unoccupied for at least 5 hours and told her that saving chairs is not allowed.  A minute later the lovely elderly woman returned and told the girl to leave.  She refused. Security was summoned and they told the young woman to leave. She eventually left after swearing at all of us. 

I noticed the elderly woman throwing a pair of shoes in the garbage and thought it was a little strange. Well, an hour after the big verbal assault, the young woman reappeared apparently searching frantically for something 🙂.  The young woman asked me and the elderly woman if we had seen her “VERY EXPENSIVE  Louboutin shoes?” Without missing a beat the elderly woman said “Oh the red bottom shoes?”  Yes the young woman replied   “Haven’t seen ‘em!” said the elderly woman. 

While I don’t condone throwing people’s belongings in the garbage, it was so funny for so many reasons. That Grandma was one feisty woman and I had lots of laughs with her throughout the cruise. 

You go girl! I wish I had been there. 

• Like 2

We sailed on the Koningsdam a couple of years ago and found we needed to get to the theater at least 30 minutes early to get a pair of seats we really liked. We noticed a few minutes later, a young couple came and staked out 10 seats in the row in front of us, with the young man sitting on one end and the young lady sitting on the other end. I leaned over to my DW and said this was going to be interesting.

Their efforts were successful for about 10 minutes until an older lady and her friend saw the 8 "open" seats and asked the young lady if anyone was sitting in the seats next to her. She said, yes, as they were saving all the seats. When the older lady commented "not any more" and started to walk past the young lady, the young man came over and said, excuse me, we have saved these seats for our friends. His comments didn't phase the older lady and her friend one bit as they preceded to sit in the two open seats. Shortly after that 5 more older folks came and asked it the seats on the other side of the 2 older ladies were saved, and before you knew it, they were in those seats. After that, the young lady gave up and went to sit on the other end of the row with the young man.

As a side note, we never did see any of the 8 people show up that the young couple were saving the seats for. 

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

A few years ago, we were on Silhouette. For some reason, the seat saving in the theater was extreme. Every night, the seat savers would arrive early and reserve entire rows for their friends. We had watched one particular 'gentleman' guard his row each evening. On the last night, we decided to test him. He had reserved the row along the mid-level rail and was standing at the center aisle denying other passengers entry. So we slipped into 'his' row from the other end. Soon after, three women asked if we were saving the next seats. Of course not, please sit down. We had annexed a total of five seats before the 'gentleman' noticed. He told us those seats were saved for his wife's friends. I told him he was mistaken as saving seats in the theater was not allowed. Our three new friends also declined to move.  Five minutes into the show, the wife and her friends showed up and she was furious that he had screwed up the one job she had given him. Five of her friends had to find other seats and she gave him the cold shoulder throughout the show.

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

just my way to stop this non sense take a small tube of crazy glue like I do it is funny to glue sunglasses to books or shoes left in them chairs and sit there and watch them show up! would you leave that on a subway and think it would be there 3 hours later? 3 min. and your stuff is gone 

One of my favorites was the lady standing at the end of a row in the theater saving some unknown number of seats on the aisle.  Two elderly Japanese couples, who apparently spoke no English, casually strolled in from the other end of the row and sat down.  She was telling them the seats were saved, and they were doing a lot of bowing and smiling, but not moving.  She told them three or four times, each time getting louder, presumably thinking more volume would make them understand English.  It didn’t, and eventually she moved to a different row.

• Like 8
  • Haha 2

well I got one for you, I was on a cruise with Aquatheater and  I had  the end spot.

This lady actually asked me if I would mind just having 1/2 of my butt on my end seat and the other 1/2 hanging over the end so that I could accommodate her small child.

I said no and then erupted and rant and rave like I never saw.  My goodness

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, sandycruzr said:

guy for

Nice story.:classic_biggrin:

20 hours ago, sandycruzr said:

guy for

LOUIS VOITTON Yup Expensive 🙂

Louboutin are the red bottomed shoes that are, as the young lady screeched “VERY EXPENSIVE “!!!

btw, I became Facebook friends with that lovely elderly woman and love to see/hear about her latest adventures....

You never know who you will meet on a cruise.  

• Like 7

6 hours ago, bighousecop said:

just my way to stop this non sense take a small tube of crazy glue like I do it is funny to glue sunglasses to books or shoes left in them chairs and sit there and watch them show up! would you leave that on a subway and think it would be there 3 hours later? 3 min. and your stuff is gone 

I’m always amazed that people leaving phones, tablets and purses on a chair for hours. 

DH & I were on a cruise w/my cousin and her husband.  After consuming several ounces of liquid during dinner, the ladies made a pit stop while the hubbies went into the theater.   Needless to say, they were "saving"  2 seats and the entire row in front of them was empty.  

As my cousin and I were coming down the aisle (the show had not started), an older man directly in front of us decided that he and his wife had to have those 2 seats.  DH was standing up, prepared to let us enter the row when the man accosted him telling him to move.   DH politely told him that we were directly behind him and pointed out the empty row in front.  Becoming more belligerent, the "gentleman" started lecturing him on saving seats.  Well, knowing that there was no way to reason with this person, DH put on his "mean cop" face and told him to find other seats and they moved on.

Later in the cruise, with the same scenario, Sharon and I were again directly behind this couple when they spied DH standing up in the row.  I heard the guy say "Move on, I don't want to deal with this guy again."   After we were seated, we all had a good laugh over DH's "reputation".

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yes, based on this account (one side of the story) the young lady displayed horrible behaviour. 

No, nobody has the right to throw other people’s belongings in the garbage.  It should have been handed to the staff.  Then again, if the shoes were that expensive, I don’t understand why the young lady didn’t report them stolen.  Security cameras would have created a serious problem for the elderly lady. 

11 hours ago, florisdekort said:

Yes, based on this account (one side of the story) the young lady displayed horrible behaviour. 

No, nobody has the right to throw other people’s belongings in the garbage.  It should have been handed to the staff.  Then again, if the shoes were that expensive, I don’t understand why the young lady didn’t report them stolen.  Security cameras would have created a serious problem for the elderly lady. 

That may be true, but I like the actual ending to the story more.

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

On another line two women showed up about 3 hours after we had been sitting/talking having lunch etc.

They had left a paperback and the cheapy bag from the room on the loungers sometime earlier than morning--or perhaps the night before--who knows.

Our group of 7 had moved the stuff after it sat for more than 2 hours... in order to have the loungers. Piled it on one chair

The old women were miffed... and left. Too bad

Edited by Fogfog

Yes it makes a "great story" here...but the "elderly Lady" in OP's story, IMHO, went too far.

Too often we now escalate the situation when a reasonable resolution is available.  That is making every-day life more confrontational and belligerent. 

The elderly lady even risked disciplinary action by the ship staff for intentional destructive acts, while the chair hog risked only a "don't do that anymore" warning.  

As much as we dislike chair hogs, I don't think we should be applauding the elderly lady as "lovely" and her acts "well done".   Let the security staff handle the situation.  Don't take "matters into your own hands".

Where does this kind of action take us?  Not a place I want to go!... and certainly not a cruise I want to be on.

• Like 6

34 minutes ago, PelicanLvr said:

Yes it makes a "great story" here...but the "elderly Lady" in OP's story, IMHO, went too far.

Too often we now escalate the situation when a reasonable resolution is available.  That is making every-day life more confrontational and belligerent. 

The elderly lady even risked disciplinary action by the ship staff for intentional destructive acts, while the chair hog risked only a "don't do that anymore" warning.  

As much as we dislike chair hogs, I don't think we should be applauding the elderly lady as "lovely" and her acts "well done".   Let the security staff handle the situation.  Don't take "matters into your own hands".

Where does this kind of action take us?  Not a place I want to go!... and certainly not a cruise I want to be on.

Agree with you. While it makes for a funny story at first, the elderly lady may actually have committed a crime by tossing the shoes in the trash and I think that could certainly cause a problem for her if discovered. 

Sherri🙂

1 hour ago, PelicanLvr said:

Agree. That's what the staff is getting paid for. You never know what tips some people over and this could have gotten ugly real fast. 

Edited by davekathy