37 hours away and haven't packed

ScottC4746

17 minutes ago, ScottC4746 said:

37 more hours until we plain at being at the pier.  Sad part is I haven't even packed.  Up at 4 AM to pack and then drive to San Diego.  I am so freaking excited.

I leave Sunday from SD and I haven't packed either :classic_wacko:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ScottC4746 said:

37 more hours until we plain at being at the pier.  Sad part is I haven't even packed.  Up at 4 AM to pack and then drive to San Diego.  I am so freaking excited.

I'm on your cruise. I've packed, and repacked and repacked 😂😂😂

• Like 3

One time we were on a cruise with a lady who forgot her under garments and had to wear her husbands until we got to our first port in Hawaii, until she could go shopping.  Now every time we are packing we both ask each other have you got your undergarments.  Remember to pack your under garments.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Remember to park close by the airport at a lot with free shuttle to the pier.

Downtown parking is $35/day.   Airport shuttle lots are about $14-15/day.....2 miles away.

David

Edited by DAllenTCY

13 minutes ago, DAllenTCY said:

Remember to park close by the airport at a lot with free shuttle to the pier.

Downtown parking is $35/day.   Airport shuttle lots are about $14-15/day.....2 miles away.

David

We are at a hotel tonight with 7 nights parking included.

10 minutes ago, fyree39 said:

We get on as you get off.  I pack the morning of. I have a check list I keep on my computer and just print out one of them and set it in my spare room (aka cruise room).

Get off quickly so we can get on quickly HA!  Hope you have/had a wonderful cruise.

5 hours ago, Lido deck main said:

One time we were on a cruise with a lady who forgot her under garments and had to wear her husbands until we got to our first port in Hawaii, until she could go shopping.  Now every time we are packing we both ask each other have you got your undergarments.  Remember to pack your under garments.

We had that happen w/ DH's underwear.  Were able to get some in the ship's stores.  Same w/ a dress shirt.  They don't have them on display, but produced them upon request.

This was not a HAL ship.

I used to be just like you. I'd set the alarm for 2 hours early and pack. My lovely wife is an early packer. Crazy eatly. Now after nearly three decades of marriage, I have succumbed and pack the day before. 

6 hours ago, Lido deck main said:

I did that some 30 years ago on a winter trip to yosemite. In that day they only sold men’s undies. 😧

Now undies are the first item I pack.

Hubby always packs at least a day early & ends up having to dig through his suitcase for something he needs .... me, I'm a mostly pack the evening before & finish up in the morning person.  I do have a packing list for me - he's on his own.

DW is packed the day before.  I pack the night before if we have an early flight.  If not, I pack the morning of.  We only do carry on and travel often.   We have certain travel friendly clothing the we always pack so it does not take us very long.

13 hours ago, Lido deck main said:

Remember to pack your under garments.

Ha! I could so easily forget those too.  But I never do, because... shoes.  When it's time to pack my shoes (which I would NEVER forget) I always stuff them with underpants. So if I've forgotten to get those into the packing pile, that's when I remember.  Thank goodness for shoes.

We never pack until the last day even if going on a two month trip.  However, DW and I will start putting stuff into piles a few days early.  We then add things as we think about it..until the time when we toss it in our luggage.

What we find strange are the folks that start packing to go home...and do,it 1, 2 or even 3 days before the end of a cruise.  We pack at the last minute and simply toss everything into our luggage in less than 30 min.  No way are we wasting cruise time with packing chores.  Once home everything gets washed...so why worry about neat packing.

Hank

1 minute ago, Hlitner said:

We never pack until the last day even if going on a two month trip.  However, DW and I will start putting stuff into piles a few days early.  We then add things as we think about it..until the time when we toss it in our luggage.

What we find strange are the folks that start packing to go home...and do,it 1, 2 or even 3 days before the end of a cruise.  We pack at the last minute and simply toss everything into our luggage in less than 30 min.  No way are we wasting cruise time with packing chores.  Once home everything gets washed...so why worry about neat packing.

Hank

I know! It just boggles my mind that people start packing well before the cruise is over!  I am an early packer BEFORE a trip, but on the way back I'm the opposite. I don't want to admit to myself the cruise is over until I absolutely have to.

14 minutes ago, Moriah said:

I know! It just boggles my mind that people start packing well before the cruise is over!  I am an early packer BEFORE a trip, but on the way back I'm the opposite. I don't want to admit to myself the cruise is over until I absolutely have to.

Assuming we can tender, our last day is a port day so, I tend to take advantage of the prior sea day to pack up stuff I know we don’t need.  

Saves a lot of time on the last day and lets me enjoy the evening on board.

Since most of our clothes are clean, I like to pack them nicely to go home. 😉 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Lido deck main said:

One time we were on a cruise with a lady who forgot her under garments and had to wear her husbands

Wow, she must have been really excited to go on the cruise, leaving the house wearing no underwear! :classic_biggrin:

I don't know how you do it. I don't leave on my trip for another 54 days and I have been dying to start packing! lol. I am glad some people have more self control than I do. Enjoy your cruise!

3 minutes ago, iancal said:

Packing two days prior to going home?  Really?  We pack the morning of disembarkation....but we carry our own bag off.  What else is there to do after breakfast other than pack?

I'm a late packer in both directions.  Doesn't matter the length or the type of trip.  I may daydream about possible things, but I'm not a list or spreadsheet person.  I'll start packing when I get home from work (I get home around midnight).  I will still be packing when my alarm goes off that I MUST get in the car.   When I'm coming home, I just put all my cubes back into the bag that morning and head out the door.   I'm not one to fret over what I'm going to wear - I just wear what I have at home for the weather I'm going to encounter - no 3 changes/day/gowns/strappy sandals, 3 purses, hair dryer/straightner/curler/full face of makeup for me!  

9 hours ago, iancal said:

Packing two days prior to going home?  Really?  We pack the morning of disembarkation....but we carry our own bag off.  What else is there to do after breakfast other than pack?

I know, right? On cruises where I'm taking my own luggage off, I get depressed when I see that rubber sheet lying at the foot of my bed after dinner the night before we disembark.  It's like it's screaming at me - "pack and leave!"  I just fold it up and stick it somewhere and try to go into denial :)  When I'm sending my luggage home and have to leave it out the night before, I pack up before bed and THEN try to go into denial... sigh...

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/5/2019 at 3:11 PM, Moriah said:

I was packed right after breakfast the last day of the cruise.