By myself

I'm going to echo what's already been said.  Join the roll call and see if anyone wants to go with out.  That's what a group of us CC people did a few years ago.  It was a good time, but a long day.  Bermuda is a very safe island.  I also travel alone and am female.  Never felt unsafe venturing around the island alone.  Have a great time!!

Unfortunately, the world is not a safe place anywhere if you are in the wrong place at the wrong time.  Going out of the country, I would err at the side of caution and as others said, find someone to share tour with you.

Just re-read my post.    🙄  Out of the country?  No.  Anywhere you go on your own and you have a concern.  

Edited by Seacreature101
  • Like 1

I always travel solo and most of the time I usually book the ship excursions just for the convenience and safety.  That said, if I am familiar with the port I will wander around on my own.  Bermuda is a very safe port, but a person has to be careful almost anywhere today, including in the US.

If you are just going to walk into the port area (in Bermuda and other places )and do some shopping usually  no worries.

There are lots of people around, just walk close to another group. I have also walked into town by myself but

that was in Alaska so that was fine.

Alone in a taxi maybe not such a good idea. If only for the reason let's say they drop you off at the beach and

you get injured and nobody to has your back so to speak. I fell on a private excursion in Curacao and it

was great to have someone with me. Ship excursions are good too. Lots of people traveling by themselves on

them.

6 hours ago, travelnap said:

I always travel solo and most of the time I usually book the ship excursions just for the convenience and safety.  That said, if I am familiar with the port I will wander around on my own.  Bermuda is a very safe port, but a person has to be careful almost anywhere today, including in the US.

I second the thought. I am PRO ship tours and have been.

But I did walk Copenhagen and Bergen all by my self and following the maps was a hoot.

Tours will explain stuff.

One area I have wanted to visit is Japan, but I won't go by myself as I worry about getting to hotel from airport.

2 hours ago, Peachypooh said:

If you are just going to walk into the port area (in Bermuda and other places )and do some shopping usually  no worries.

There are lots of people around, just walk close to another group. I have also walked into town by myself but

that was in Alaska so that was fine.

Alone in a taxi maybe not such a good idea. If only for the reason let's say they drop you off at the beach and

you get injured and nobody to has your back so to speak. I fell on a private excursion in Curacao and it

was great to have someone with me. Ship excursions are good too. Lots of people traveling by themselves on

them.

Yes i have no prob walking around bermuda by myself its just the private tour alone that I'm uncomfortable with...I just joined the roll call so maybe i can find someone to go with me or book through the ship. Thanks so much to you and the others for your replies

• Like 1

I am also traveling solo on a trans Atlantic cruise leaving April 28 - May 11 from NYC to Cork, Dublin, Paris, London,

and Brussels - disembarking in Amsterdam on the Pearl. I am also a little concerned about this as I will also be

flying from Amsterdam for 6 days in Dublin at a Bed and Breakfast. I am 66, female and a retired teacher who has

never been in Europe. Can you explain to me what you mean by "join the roll call"...  

Thanks

Gina L 

1 hour ago, ginawech said:

I am also traveling solo on a trans Atlantic cruise leaving April 28 - May 11 from NYC to Cork, Dublin, Paris, London,

and Brussels - disembarking in Amsterdam on the Pearl. I am also a little concerned about this as I will also be

flying from Amsterdam for 6 days in Dublin at a Bed and Breakfast. I am 66, female and a retired teacher who has

never been in Europe. Can you explain to me what you mean by "join the roll call"...  

Thanks

Gina L 

Yes. Its where you can talk to people that will be on your sailing, and someone( not sure who)sets up a meet and greet once on the ship for those on the roll call. On top of cruise critic page click on roll call. Next, click the cruise line,sail date and it should appear. If not you can start the roll call yourself. So far thsts all I know. Have a safe fun blessed trip!

I see that some have posted about their excursions.

I am booked in Cork for -- Kinsale Village & Countryside Views (EXCURSION

LE HAVRE (PARIS), FRANCE - Picturesque Honfleur

TILBURY (LONDON, ENGLAND) On My OWN TOUR  Friends suggested Sky Garden and Abbey Road also suggested I get a ticket for "On and Off Bus" tours.

On 4/6/2019 at 12:19 AM, ginawech said:

I see that some have posted about their excursions.

I am booked in Cork for -- Kinsale Village & Countryside Views (EXCURSION

LE HAVRE (PARIS), FRANCE - Picturesque Honfleur

TILBURY (LONDON, ENGLAND) On My OWN TOUR  Friends suggested Sky Garden and Abbey Road also suggested I get a ticket for "On and Off Bus" tours.

You will fall in love with Honfleur, as a retired upper state ny teacher I went there because that is where Samuel D Champlain started his voyage....also it is really the birth place of Impressionism.  If you want to stay longer than your tour allows walk over to the bus station and find out when the next bus to Le Harve is.  Usually the ship stays late in Le Harve because of the tours to Paris and the time it takes to come back to the ship. 

The hop on off bus is always a sure bet the first time you are going to see a city 😍

Your Cork excursion is also a good choice... also ,don't forget to take a walk around Cork ..it's very interesting and the people are super friendly.  Have fun😍