Velvet, Breakaway

RedRover96

The show Velvet is showing up for our cruise on Breakaway for the week of May 5.  It doesn’t seem available for booking yet.  I believe it’s been on other ships.  What has the cost been and was it worth it?

2 hours ago, RedRover96 said:

The show Velvet is showing up for our cruise on Breakaway for the week of May 5.  It doesn’t seem available for booking yet.  I believe it’s been on other ships.  What has the cost been and was it worth it?

Looks interesting!  Wish we could book it

I'm on the cruise with you, RedRover. The only currently available booking for this show is Friday at 12:30 PM for $30. The evening shows are not priced and won't go through for reservation.

Ohh.. sounds interesting, if this is being added to rock of ages and burn the floor as the entertainment options it’s not a very “family friendly “ selection for a North American audience. A European or Oz/NZ audience wouldn’t bat an eyelid at any of it, but some conservative folks from the states seem to be allergic to skimpy costumes or sexual innuendos. There were enough giving out about burn the floor when I was on Getaway and both shows on Escape (after midnight and for the record). 

Btw velvet is showing availability to book on 4 days for my cruise starting May 19th. It’s on the 20th ( 7pm & 9:30pm), 23rd( 9:30pm), 24th(9:30pm),  25th(12:30pm, 7pm, 9:30pm). The cruise on the 19th includes and evening at San Juan on the 21st so that’s possibly why Velvet isn’t listed for that date.

2 hours ago, eileeshb said:

Ohh.. sounds interesting, if this is being added to rock of ages and burn the floor as the entertainment options it’s not a very “family friendly “ selection for a North American audience. A European or Oz/NZ audience wouldn’t bat an eyelid at any of it, but some conservative folks from the states seem to be allergic to skimpy costumes or sexual innuendos. There were enough giving out about burn the floor when I was on Getaway and both shows on Escape (after midnight and for the record). 

Btw velvet is showing availability to book on 4 days for my cruise starting May 19th. It’s on the 20th ( 7pm & 9:30pm), 23rd( 9:30pm), 24th(9:30pm),  25th(12:30pm, 7pm, 9:30pm). The cruise on the 19th includes and evening at San Juan on the 21st so that’s possibly why Velvet isn’t listed for that date.

Is there a price showing for you? I’m also on the 5/19 cruise, and it’s coming up as $0 for me. Not complaining, but just wondering!

On 4/7/2019 at 12:53 AM, BeachyBoo said:

Is there a price showing for you? I’m also on the 5/19 cruise, and it’s coming up as $0 for me. Not complaining, but just wondering!

Its showing €0 for me and won’t accept an actual booking. I’m getting an error message. I’ll probably trying calling NCL tomorrow, to find out if I can book it. 

Same here.  We decided if it's $30 each for a show, rather spend the money other places.  I know it incudes a "meal", not that important if it compares to previous shows meals, since we already eat "free"

On the Escape they had some free dinner shows in the supper club that you couldn't book until you were on board.  I wouldn't have paid for the meal, but it was OK.   The shows themselves were good. Maybe this will be a free show we can book onboard?  

But, if it's $30 like DanSgt saw I'm not sure I would book it unless we hear some fantastic reviews.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/29/2019 at 4:11 PM, am2me said:

This is now showing as $24.99 and book onboard for my 5/5 sailing. Has anyone actually seen it?

It was on the jade, I think, on the Australian itineraries, it hasn’t been on any other ships as yet in the northern.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/7/2019 at 9:42 PM, Sand and Seas said:

We are on the 5/5 cruise.  It shows on my Entertainment to book page, but when I select it I get a 'This page is unavailable' notice. 

Were you able to experience this show? If so, can you share? Thanks!

19 minutes ago, Sand and Seas said:

It wasn't listed on the original entertainment schedule we got in our room.   Finally saw it advertised in the dailies later in the week but by then we had every night booked with someone else.  

Do you know if it was a stage show in the theater or a dinner show in Spiegel Tent?

2 minutes ago, Wendy&Grumpy said:

Do you know if it was a stage show in the theater or a dinner show in Spiegel Tent?

I'm pretty sure it was in the dinner theater/Spiegel Tent.  It said 'charges would apply' or something to that effect. (Sorry...didn't keep the dailies).  There were shows booked in the regular theater all week.  Earlier in the week I kept checking the dailies but didn't see anything booked in the Spiegel Tent.  Thought it was strange there wasn't anything in there.   Maybe they were working on staging, etc. and then finally opened the show late in the week.  I would think someone must have attended.....perhaps we will hear from them???

• 2 months later...
On 7/26/2019 at 10:35 AM, BostonGal35 said:

i was just able to book this for Breakaway this november, $29.99 per person.  it says its a dinner show, but then it also says its on Decks 5, 6, 7?  Weird as i thought it would be in the tent?

We have it booked for November as well, and it is in Spiegel Tent. Still not much information out there yet though!

On 7/27/2019 at 6:40 PM, Wendy&Grumpy said:

We have it booked for November as well, and it is in Spiegel Tent. Still not much information out there yet though!

did it let you book with dining package or did you pay the full price?  wouldnt let me book it with the package thus paying the $10 upcharge pp vs. the full $30