DECORATING CABIN DOOR

llarsen

Hi,

I've read conflicting posts on door decorations. Some say they will be removed and others say they have never had them removed.

I've never decorated before but I purchased some small Dr Seuss cut outs for our doors since we are taking our Grandsons on their first cruise, along with some Fun Shop items to be delivered to the room.

I realize Carnival would not appreciate tape on the doors but if I used magnets would that be okay?

Thanks!

I use magnets. I also hang fun streamers from the ceiling above our door in the hall, also with magnets. I think the key is fire retardant materials.

I have also found decals that look like portholes to attach to the doors. 

nobody has said a word.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, llarsen said:

Hi,

I've read conflicting posts on door decorations. Some say they will be removed and others say they have never had them removed.

I've never decorated before but I purchased some small Dr Seuss cut outs for our doors since we are taking our Grandsons on their first cruise, along with some Fun Shop items to be delivered to the room.

I realize Carnival would not appreciate tape on the doors but if I used magnets would that be okay?

Thanks!

Technically, Carnival requires all decorations to be made of a fire retardant material. Anything you buy from them will fall within their guidelines. With that said, I think a lot of people still use paper materials and haven't had issues with being forced to take them down. There have been reports of some "sticky fingers" in the hallways on rare occasions, so if you put anything on the outside of your door, just be aware of the risk of it running off.

7 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

There have been reports of some "sticky fingers" in the hallways on rare occasions, so if you put anything on the outside of your door, just be aware of the risk of it running off.

So true!  Please do not put anything of special importance to you on your cabin door.  

Sometimes even nice photos can be made to look unfortuante ... teeth blacked, etc.   

Thanks so much for the replies and suggestions.

That's unfortunate that some people feel the need to destroy or steal a door decoration. 

I'll keep it simple, but cute.

:-)

22 hours ago, May1cruiser said:

I use magnets. I also hang fun streamers from the ceiling above our door in the hall, also with magnets. I think the key is fire retardant materials.

I have also found decals that look like portholes to attach to the doors. 

nobody has said a word.

Where do you get fire retardant streamers?  I haven't found anything that says that, that will work.

7 hours ago, sprint180 said:

Where do you get fire retardant streamers?  I haven't found anything that says that, that will work.

The most common would be mylar decorations. That's what Carnival uses when you purchase from the Fun Shops. You can search google, Walmart & other big box stores, Amazon, or check out party supply stores. Some of the stuff will specify fire retardant on the packaging or in the product description online, but not always. If in doubt, mylar, plastic, & metal are always a safe bet.

Do most people decorate their doors now?  This is my first cruise in many years, and last time I cruised, it was a cute rarity to see a decorated door.  I don't want to be the only one not decorating LOL