Chill Island Cabañas - Worth it?

Family of four cruising on the Harmony late May. First stop: the all new Coco Cay. From the RCCL website, the cabañas look rather plain, yet very pricy: the Chill Island Cabañas are $1,199.00 per Cabaña.  What in the world can make them worth that?  Even the Oasis Lagoon cabañas seem over priced at $500.00.

Thoughts?

30 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Chill island cabanas should be that expensive as they don’t include admission to the water park.   Perhaps there is an error.  I definitely wouldn’t pay that price.

Agree.  Our Water Thrill Park Cabana is booked @$399.

Prices are based on several factors, including  Crown & Anchor status and type of cabin (Junior and regular Suites cost less for example).

It shouldn't but it seems it is.  We're on an Adventure cruise in June and the Cabana was $1,149.  I've rechecked often and last time I looked it's still the same price.  Odd but I never went further than the cruise planner.

And if the question is, is it worth it at that price?  NO!

Edited by torpeedo

23 hours ago, torpeedo said:

It shouldn't but it seems it is.  We're on an Adventure cruise in June and the Cabana was $1,149.  I've rechecked often and last time I looked it's still the same price.  Odd but I never went further than the cruise planner.

And if the question is, is it worth it at that price?  NO!

Your cabin type and Crown & Anchor status have a significant impact on the pricing of reserving a cabana.

Folks with inside cabins and/or C&A status below Emerald will see much higher prices.

3 minutes ago, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

Your cabin type and Crown & Anchor status have a significant impact on the pricing of reserving a cabana.

Folks with inside cabins and/or C&A status below Emerald will see much higher prices.

I highly doubt thats true.

20 minutes ago, proggieus said:

I highly doubt thats true.

Feel free to doubt...but be open to learn. There has been extensive discussion on this topic in other threads (search under cabana).

Documentation from 6 different people who are personal friends sailing with us on the same cruise in 3 different cabin types and 3 different status levels show that those are the only differences on their pricing (except for the periodic $100 discounted rate). Received confirmation from an RCI staffer at a pretty high level as well. 

Fortunately, we were able to book at a much lower rate, and they'll simply join us in a cabana.

Feel free to doubt, but many others have confirmed this information as well. Perhaps you'll want to read through this other thread (link below) where others have actually posted their pricing pages along with C&A status levels and cabin types. It's been repeated shown to be correct. Feel free to let them know their information is not true as well.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2521391-cococay-ocean-view-deluxe-cabana-or-beach-bungalows/

Edited by CRUISEFAN0001

13 minutes ago, CruisingHusker said:

This is absolutely not true. I’m not sure where you’re getting your information from. 

I'd love to hear your sources of information that this is not accurate, as I can demonstrate multiple sources the information IS correct (see) the post above. Being a skeptic doesn't qualify as factual proof of anything.

Just now, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

Feel free to doubt...but be open to learn. There has been extensive discussion on this topic in other threads (search under cabana).

Documentation from 6 different people who are personal friends sailing with us on the same cruise in 3 different cabin types and 3 different status levels show that those are the only differences on their pricing. Confirmation from an RCI staffer at a pretty high level as well. Fortunately, we were able to book at a much lower rate, and they'll simply join us in a cabanas.

Perhaps you'll want to read through this other thread (link below) where others have actually posted their pricing pages along with C&A status levels and cabin types. It's been repeated shown to be correct. Feel free to let them know their information is not true as well.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2521391-cococay-ocean-view-deluxe-cabana-or-beach-bungalows/

I've never cruised Royal Caribbean before and I'm in a plain ol' balcony, the Chill Island cabanas are only $499 for me. Something is up with the pricing on OPs cruise planner and it's not cabin type or status with Royal.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MainerRN92 said:

I've never cruised Royal Caribbean before and I'm in a plain ol' balcony, the Chill Island cabanas are only $499 for me. Something is up with the pricing on OPs cruise planner and it's not cabin type or status with Royal.

Did you read the part in the linked thread about the multiple criteria used to determine pricing?

Cabin type (balcony is a lower rate than an inside cabin) is one of several criteria used - even the specific ship and cruise dates come into play.  Crown & Anchor status and cabin type are 2 of the main elements used in pricing, but NOT the only ones. That other thread shows this time and time again.

Edited by CRUISEFAN0001

3 minutes ago, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

Did you read the part in the linked thread about the multiple criteria used to determine pricing?

Cabin type (balcony is a lower rate than an inside cabin) is one of several criteria used - even the specific ship and cruise dates come into play.  Crown & Anchor status and cabin type are 2 of the main elements used in pricing, but NOT the only ones. That other thread shows testimony from actual cruises time and time again.

OK fellow cruisers...people here are just trying to help with answers to your questions.  Insulting them won't get you much. If folks don't want to take the time to do the homework/research...then accusational comments will render no help. 

Edited by CRUISEFAN0001

32 minutes ago, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

I don't think so.  We are Pinnacle and in a Suite so (in the reverse theory) Royal might think we would pay more!!!:classic_laugh:

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Ashland said:

The only price on my cruise planner...even though my cruise isn't until May 2020 is:

South Beach Cabana $399.00...Is this new and not included on the list above?

Yep.  Seeing the exact same thing and same pricing.  

• Like 1

CHILL ISLAND CABANAS

PERFECT DAY AT COCOCAY, BAHAMAS

PRICES STARTING FROM*$1,149.00 USD Price Per Cabana

ADD TO CART

DURATION

Full Day

Copied from my upcoming Adventure 6/14/19.  I'm also going on Mariner cruise in May and the cabana was $299 when I purchased it online.  Who knows!!!

Edited by torpeedo

2 minutes ago, barbeyg said:

Maybe it’s an error in the Planner. We are also sailing Adventure in May, and the price is thru the roof.

Since this has been mentioned, we are Diamond and staying in a JS. 

8FF1E2EE-FDDB-4291-A821-EE0FB6F21BD2.jpeg

It has to be purely date driven at this point, as I am no one and nothing to Royal (never sailed them before) and have a "cheap" price compared to these >$1000 prices, but my cruise is in December and these others are all prime summer season.

• Like 1

posting a link to you saying the same thing again is not proof of anything-

Still do not believe pricing is changed based on room category.

Unless cabanas were booked on the same day, by the same method(web or phone), for the same sailing, same cabana location, with two different prices where the only difference is room category and/or C&A status would constitute what you are saying is true.

ALL of the "examples" in that thread were people who purchased cabanas at different times, which as we all know RCCL pricing is constantly in flux.

Trying to pin the price difference on cabin category or C&A status is absurd.

RCCL Can hardly make a change to a reservation without screwing it up, you expect me to believe that they instituted some complex algorithm into the website to give a different prices on one product category based on 5 separate data points? B.S.

And for what gain, they can already price the cabanas at whatever they can sell them for, and the suite passengers would likely be the first to pay the higher prices, why give them a discount and then not even tell anybody that you are doing it, If thats what RCCL wanted to do why wouldn't they use that as a sales incentive to sell more suites or at least make it a listed suite perk.

• Like 2

One other possibility...

I can duplicate the much higher pricing reported by a few people (only) by doing one thing...checking all the names in a cabin when ordering instead of just checking under one person (only 1 should be done - since that includes up to 6 persons  - or 8 per reservation for 1 of the cabana types).

The ordering can be misleading, as one would think you would check all the passengers you want in the reservation, but essentially you are ordering 1 cabana for each person you check.

Edited by CRUISEFAN0001
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, A2Mich said:

I ran across this compilation of info, that I saved in .pdf format.  

CocoCay Cabana info.pdf 3.3 MB · 5 downloads

Thanks for that. 🙂 Since it’s from last year, looks like our pricing would be on the highest end (with an increase for this year), as was mentioned above, due to it being prime summer sailing.  👍🏼

Maybe another time. It’s a bit rich for my taste. 

• Like 1