Chill Island Cabañas - Worth it?

1 minute ago, Dan-P said:

If they keep the existing beach cabanas, their location would make them the Chill Island Cabanas not South Beach Cabanas.

I have read that the existing ones are not staying, but nothing in hard facts anywhere to support or dispel that.

I had a Chill Island Cabana, paid $319 as a Diamond in a Junior Suite for those keeping track, booked for an upcoming Navigator sailing in May, but we decided to change our plans for the day and I cancelled it.

Dan.

Thanks Dan.  I guess I wasn’t clear in my explanation to my friend when I asked him. That being said I’m really excited to visit CoCo Cay in the future. The sand looks so soft and welcoming. 

The data is good to know as well regarding pricing. 

24 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Thanks Dan.  I guess I wasn’t clear in my explanation to my friend when I asked him. That being said I’m really excited to visit CoCo Cay in the future. The sand looks so soft and welcoming. 

The data is good to know as well regarding pricing. 

The pier is a game changer, as so many ships would miss the stop due to weather conditions causing the tenders to not run.

With that said, and we are probably in the minority, but we loved it as a relatively undeveloped island.  Gave the true feeling of being on a private/deserted island if you walked far enough around away from the tender area.

The upgrades and additions are amazing, but I think it will now feel more like a day pass to an all inclusive resort than a secluded private island.  Not that that is a bad thing, just different.

After seeing pics and vids of the Oasis Lagoon (pool), swim up bar and the general area, we decided that was going to be home base instead of the Chill Island cabana out on the beach.  If everything opens as planned in May, we should be one of the first handful of ships in to the bulk of the island being open.

Some future trip we'll get an over-the-water cabana.  Still cheaper than flying to Bora Bora and/or Tahiti.  😉

Dan.

• Like 1

Just saw this pic today.  It doesn’t clearly state that South Beach is part CoCo Beach Club but it does has a rock wall separating it from them. Seeing that it is priced lower, as of now, than most of the cabanas on the island it seems as though it will not be part of the club.  With both areas not available until late 2019 they must be the last areas under revitalization. 

It does look like South Beach will be hidden away behind rock walls, building and a hedge. Much like Barefoot at Labadee. 

44E16380-0A23-4EED-A651-F9FF0BF44937.thumb.jpeg.f67ed024e73f6bb83cd66c541c7b70e6.jpeg

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 1

Coco Beach Club and the overwater cabanas there are currently about the same area that the floating bar is...

In March 2019 during my visit the South Beach area was open and available and that's where they had beach bungalows.  There appears to be no nearby food areas, which is why the bungalows had the food delivery option.  Not sure what's going to happen once they get the cabanas..if they don't have access to the Beach Club area then I would hope they still offer the food delivery or at least be lower priced cabanas.  More seclusive and quiet, but far away from the activity and other amenities of Coco Cay.  I'm guessing they will begin work on these areas once the waterpark is open so it doesn't take away as much when they have to temporary shut that area down for construction.

Doesn't appear that the floating bar is going to remain a part of Coco Cay..that place was constantly busy when we were there and everyone seemed to have a great time with it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

Coco Beach Club and the overwater cabanas there are currently about the same area that the floating bar is...

In March 2019 during my visit the South Beach area was open and available and that's where they had beach bungalows.  There appears to be no nearby food areas, which is why the bungalows had the food delivery option.  Not sure what's going to happen once they get the cabanas..if they don't have access to the Beach Club area then I would hope they still offer the food delivery or at least be lower priced cabanas.  More seclusive and quiet, but far away from the activity and other amenities of Coco Cay.  I'm guessing they will begin work on these areas once the waterpark is open so it doesn't take away as much when they have to temporary shut that area down for construction.

Doesn't appear that the floating bar is going to remain a part of Coco Cay..that place was constantly busy when we were there and everyone seemed to have a great time with it.

The description of the South Beach cabanas in my cruise planner mention the floating bar, so it must be staying! It also mentions South Beach Bar, Sandtrap Bar, and a nearby Snack Shack, which I don't actually see a nearby Snack Shack on any of the maps that are out so there must be one planned that's not on the map. They also make it sound in the description like there are going to be lots of typical beach activities right nearby like beach volleyball and beachfront basketball, so I'm not sure if it's going to be a peaceful retreat or fun party-type area.

• Like 1

I found more cabana and general info on the island. 

As of now there is no Crown and Anchor area either.  That translates to me that Pinnacles won’t get access to The Beach Club, and they might never get it either. 

02044D46-1DB4-4BC3-AC04-3BECECF83F9D.thumb.jpeg.c0009e311b3d7f908baa35f11b9d731d.jpeg

Here’s the link to the info. 

https://lookaside.fbsbx.com/file/FAQ_Perfect_Day_CocoCay.pdf?token=AWxQbDteUdf3YJgKk9tHNsMxAKAvM8GIU-aPiWhsQ1r-BqKVqYEOZ2y6BpTwGXMJJZPpFJSVjmuPNrQI5XTFAhtNOIJ8Op7QTnWbjGrM7buraH5jRPaIzTf1SUtHARiRUAZivKgdgSeQ8aSqkb06TQh7flD-EHh1D02_boH9p5TatSeC-6jg-wzIkRQ3dVN27nZGkSXwK4kBbpZ4FNhXaLd6

I'll be very surprised if there is not, eventually, a suites exclusive area.  I have already heard chatter (mostly coming from the Royal Genies) about a suites-exclusive area.  I have no idea if it will happen and if it does, when.  Apparently it's still very hush-hush.  If it happens I wonder if it will include C&A upper tiers or just suites.  No idea.

13 hours ago, RFerrington said:

I'll be very surprised if there is not, eventually, a suites exclusive area.  I have already heard chatter (mostly coming from the Royal Genies) about a suites-exclusive area.  I have no idea if it will happen and if it does, when.  Apparently it's still very hush-hush.  If it happens I wonder if it will include C&A upper tiers or just suites.  No idea.

It will truly will be a wait and see.  

I'd be good with them keeping it as a pay venue, with access for all.  If you are in an inside cabin or the RLS, a Pinnacle or a first timer... everyone pays their fee to enter.  If they want to make it exclusive that's one way of doing it.  Whatever the case, they best have a free lunch option inside though.😉  

I muse out loud that when overnight guests eventually begin to stay here, I think the Beach Club will be their home.  A full time restaurant, over the water lodging, and a small area to secure at night for guest safety.  After all, who needs Bora Bora when you got Perfect Day.  Can't type that with a straight face.  

That being said, I can only imagine the cost to stay, let alone technical aspects such ship manifests for guests not returning on the same ship etc...  Then there is the fact that as a guest it is quiet at night, and quite possibly overrun by people in the day time.  I guess it would be no different than staying at Atlantis. LOL.

We are currently going in September and March of next year.  I think when this area is completed late in the year we will have a much better idea to what is happening.  Until then only speculation abounds, but it is fun to pontificate. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 1