Nassau area Beach Club - Pay as You Go

FloridaMac

First time in the Bahamas and looking for a beach resort that's pay-as-you-go vs. all inclusive.  My wife doesn't drink, and we're planning to go to the beach after lunch, so there's no way we'll eat and drink anywhere close to the $130 each that places like Melia and RIU charge for all-inclusive.  Wide open to suggestions.  Thanks!

Since you're not going till after lunch, why don't you just take a taxi to Cabbage Beach?  You can rent chairs and umbrellas there.  The main issue is the lack of facilities (bathrooms) but for a few hours, it might work.

Another option would be British Colonial Hilton.  It's not all-inclusive but the pass does include a $40 voucher for food/drinks.  A few drinks and a snack might use that up.  You'd probably want to book that in advance to ensure a spot since you won't be going till later in the day.

This might be one of the few situations where Junkanoo Beach is an attractive option. It’s just past the Hilton.

while it’s not at all fancy, it’s “free” ( rent lounger and umbrella) and within walking distance from the ship - cab it if any mobility issues. There are bars for you to get a drink and bathroom facilities. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, CILCIANRQTS said:

This might be one of the few situations where Junkanoo Beach is an attractive option....

Yes I think that may end up being our choice, thanks.  

9 hours ago, CruisinCrow said:

Another option would be British Colonial Hilton.  It's not all-inclusive but the pass does include a $40 voucher for food/drinks.  A few drinks and a snack might use that up.  You'd probably want to book that in advance to ensure a spot since you won't be going till later in the day.

Good idea, it's about $100 on the Hilton site but I saw it for $79 on a 3rd party site.  If we're going to stay ashore for an early dinner vs. return to the ship this could be the best way to go. 

Junkanoo Beach has so many algae I just dont like the feeling underwater and  Cabbage Beach has rough waves, you might even find a lifeguard not letting you get in the water. I think my next option is cable beach 

• Like 1

On 4/11/2019 at 9:25 PM, FloridaMac said:

Yes I think that may end up being our choice, thanks.  

Good idea, it's about $100 on the Hilton site but I saw it for $79 on a 3rd party site.  If we're going to stay ashore for an early dinner vs. return to the ship this could be the best way to go. 

I think the pass ends at 5? How about Saunders beach, 15 cab ride and I believe they have restrooms.