How do I know bed placement?

I just booked room 10580 on Symphony.  I am hoping that the bed is near the balcony, not near the bathroom.  I know they stagger them every other.  How do I know for sure where the bed will be?  

1 minute ago, Rellyrooly said:

I just booked room 10580 on Symphony.  I am hoping that the bed is near the balcony, not near the bathroom.  I know they stagger them every other.  How do I know for sure where the bed will be?  

Bed by the balcony.

Could someone expand on this? How do I figure the placement out?

For Oasis Class

For Freedom Class 

For Voyager Class

The reason I ask, is we like the bed placement with the headboard towards the front of the ship. Our last cruise on Freedom, the headboard placement was towards the aft, and I didn't sleep that well.

Thanks

I've not seen any process for determining the location of the headboard.

Only whether the bed is near the bathroom or balcony on Oasis class ships.

On Voyager/Freedom class ships, the bed is always by the balcony on non-suite staterooms.

The rooms are almost always split 50/50 with the headboards facing forward and aft. This is done so wiring (and other mechanicals) can be run in the common wall between two cabins. If you ever get a look at two cabins side by side, you'll see that the bathrooms (or the closets, depending on the mechanicals) share a wall as do the beds because of the lights at the head of the bed. I don't know how to determine which cabins are which unless someone has firsthand knowledge from staying that cabin.

Edited by cruiseguy1016
  • Like 2

59 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

The rooms are almost always split 50/50 with the headboards facing forward and aft. This is done so wiring (and other mechanicals) can be run in the common wall between two cabins. If you ever get a look at two cabins side by side, you'll see that the bathrooms (or the closets, depending on the mechanicals) share a wall as do the beds because of the lights at the head of the bed. I don't know how to determine which cabins are which unless someone has firsthand knowledge from staying that cabin.

Have you ever seen how the cabins are installed on these ships?  It’s really interesting, as they are generally installed the way you stated so that all of the plumbing and electrical connections are in one easily accessible access compartment, and also why the bathrooms are typically located at the hallway entrance, so the connections can be accessed from the hallway.

3 minutes ago, ChollaChick said:

Hmmm... how can I tell for my Allure cruise?  We will be in 12162.

That looks to be an accessible stateroom, and I don't know if they follow the same rules.

35 minutes ago, ChollaChick said:

Hmmm... how can I tell for my Allure cruise?  We will be in 12162.

Picture I saw it's Couch by Balcony that and Bed on Aft wall, It's on Oasis Class ship see door number is correct but doesn't show 100% if it's the Allure.

Look for connecting cabins close by.  In a pair of connecting cabins the connecting door is at the opposite wall of the bed headboard.  That way you can deduct the pattern and figure out the headboard location.    

Not 100% reliable especially when suites are involved but it's better than having nothing to go by. 

Edited by Brooklyn Bridget

3 hours ago, little britain said:

6120 on Anthem please? 

Please remind me.. find connecting cabins and the one on the left (as you look from the hallway ) always has the bed by the......?

Anthem is opposite Oasis class so the cabin on the left has the bed by the balcony.

i can’t tell with 6120 as the straight run of cabins is broken by those cabins being set back from others in the hall which might alter the sequence.

9 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

12237 has the bed by the bslcony

12235 has the bed by the bath 

43 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Anthem is opposite Oasis class so the cabin on the left has the bed by the balcony.

i can’t tell with 6120 as the straight run of cabins is broken by those cabins being set back from others in the hall which might alter the sequence.

30 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Bed is by the balcony 

Ken - just out of curiosity, where are you getting this information? Is there a site that the rest of can access?

2 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

Ken - just out of curiosity, where are you getting this information? Is there a site that the rest of can access?

No site, we just know the algorithm:

Look at a deck plan and find cabins that are connecting. The cabin on the left as you enter the cabin will have the bed by the bathroom. The cabin on the right will have the bed by the balcony. This pattern will repeat with every pair of cabins.

4 minutes ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

The only 2 classes of ships that alternate cabin locations are Oasis and Quantum class.  

Once you know the patterns it’s pretty easy to figure out.  

Picked up up all the information on here, mostly from a Bob. 

5 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

No site, we just know the algorithm:

Look at a deck plan and find cabins that are connecting. The cabin on the left as you enter the cabin will have the bed by the bathroom. The cabin on the right will have the bed by the balcony. This pattern will repeat with every pair of cabins.

And to add, it’s the opposite for Quantum class.

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

And to add, it’s the opposite for Quantum class.

And I think that JS is always by bath.....which does still match up with the algorithm if you count from a normal pair.

6120 should be by bath... which is what we prefer....we shall see!

thanks!

LB