Cruise documents not ready

I am cruising in 28 days and my documents are still not ready. I’ve called a few times, getting a different answer each time, which is frustrating and doesn’t leave much confidence that they know what they’re talking about. I’ve always had them ready way before now. Was I just always lucky or is this a new trend?

Sometimes cruise docs are delayed if you have Air2Sea.

I'd keep calling.  Try Crown & Anchor if you are a member.

If you booked via travel agent, then the agent should be calling for you.

1 hour ago, Host Clarea said:

Sometimes cruise docs are delayed if you have Air2Sea.

I'd keep calling.  Try Crown & Anchor if you are a member.

If you booked via travel agent, then the agent should be calling for you.

Ive done all of the above Bob. I’ve called many times both crown and anchor and RCCL. As has my TA. The thing is, each time I or we call, we get different information, different answers.  I noticed that there seem to be more foreign reps answering the phones lately. Not only can’t i understand them, but the variety of responses tells me they don’t know much.  Yesterday I finally got an American that tried to help, but I only reached him because I called as if I was doing a new booking.

We ve had Air2sea Before and this didn’t happen.  I only booked the return flight with them, not the flight out, that I booked myself thru the airline.

2 minutes ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

I always had that before, I’m thinking I won’t get them for this cruise

This must be frustrating for you. Especially with the different answers. Can’t a RCI rep ‘push’ those out to you?  That would seem like the reasonable thing for them to do. 

Hope you get this this resolved quickly. 

13 minutes ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

Ive done all of the above Bob. I’ve called many times both crown and anchor and RCCL. As has my TA. The thing is, each time I or we call, we get different information, different answers.  I noticed that there seem to be more foreign reps answering the phones lately. Not only can’t i understand them, but the variety of responses tells me they don’t know much.  Yesterday I finally got an American that tried to help, but I only reached him because I called as if I was doing a new booking.

We ve had Air2sea Before and this didn’t happen.  I only booked the return flight with them, not the flight out, that I booked myself thru the airline.

My experience has been that we can get cruise docs around a month before the cruise when we have Air2Sea.  They can also come at the normal time with Air2Sea.  Sometimes I think Air2Sea does not actually purchase the air from the airline at the time you book the air.  Since Air2Sea info is in the cruise docs, they may be waiting for that transaction to complete before they publish the cruise docs.

I'd give it no more than another week before I'd really concerned.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, barbeyg said:

This must be frustrating for you. Especially with the different answers. Can’t a RCI rep ‘push’ those out to you?  That would seem like the reasonable thing for them to do. 

Hope you get this this resolved quickly. 

Thanks.... I’ve asked that each time I called and I’ve also asked for a troubleshooting person (nope they don’t have that), it is frustrating that no one can  help.

1 minute ago, Host Clarea said:

My experience has been that we can get cruise docs around a month before the cruise when we have Air2Sea.  They can also come at the normal time with Air2Sea.  Sometimes I think Air2Sea does not actually purchase the air from the airline at the time you book the air.  Since Air2Sea info is in the cruise docs, they may be waiting for that transaction to complete before they publish the cruise docs.

I'd give it no more than another week before I'd really concerned.

Thanks Bob but since no one would/could help all this time, I’m doubting that anyone there cares.. I love royal, but I think they’re so big they’re getting sloppy and why would they care about one customer.

1 minute ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

Thanks Bob but since no one would/could help all this time, I’m doubting that anyone there cares.. I love royal, but I think they’re so big they’re getting sloppy and why would they care about one customer.

I know the cruise docs are not mandatory and neither are the luggage tags.  However, I would be concerned that something is amiss with the booking if I didn't get those docs.  I would not want a surprise at check-in.

• Like 2

Just now, Host Clarea said:

I know the cruise docs are not mandatory and neither are the luggage tags.  However, I would be concerned that something is amiss with the booking if I didn't get those docs.  I would not want a surprise at check-in.

Thats part of my concern Bob, especially since check in is in Honolulu! With all your experience, do you know of anyone I can contact?

2 minutes ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

Thats part of my concern Bob, especially since check in is in Honolulu! With all your experience, do you know of anyone I can contact?

I'd keep trying C&A.    Hopefully you will get someone who knows the system and is not reading from a script.  Keep asking for a supervisor.

I'd also keep on your travel agent, they should have some contacts who can give some answers.  See if the travel agent can get paper documents. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

They are late for lots of us.  No docs for HNL on May 5th.

3 hours ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

I had this issue for several different sailings on the Adventure in February and March for different clients.  It just took one call to the Star Desk for travel agents and the documents were issued the next day.  Note that the people that issue the documents do not work weekends so requests made a Friday won’t be processed until Monday.  

Interesting to see that Air2sea reservations are generally slower. I’m at 41 days (but 37 before we leave for Barcelona) and just noticed ours haven’t been issued. 

This is the first time I’ve not had them at 49 days. 

9 minutes ago, kruzerci said:

Interesting to see that Air2sea reservations are generally slower. I’m at 41 days (but 37 before we leave for Barcelona) and just noticed ours haven’t been issued. 

This is the first time I’ve not had them at 49 days. 

Doesn't always happen that way either.  Our docs for a TA last year came out right around 49 days, even with Air2Sea.