Princess New Grounds Coffee Package

Moxiefurball

5 hours ago, CarolandNate said:

On the Princess website it says

What is Included

• The package includes the pre-purchase of a specified number of specialty coffees (numbers vary by itinerary) during the voyage of purchase, as well as complimentary brewed coffee and hot chocolate.

Am I the only one who finds this confusing? Does this mean sometimes it's 15 lattes and sometimes 10 or 20 if the cruise is longer or shorter? 😳

3 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Am I the only one who finds this confusing? Does this mean sometimes it's 15 lattes and sometimes 10 or 20 if the cruise is longer or shorter? 😳

only in theory, so far ... still 15 on a 3 day cruise coming up in Dec ...

3 minutes ago, Ombud said:

It's always 15 specialty coffees no matter how short or long the cruise. 

Also unlimited teas and regular coffee. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, voljeep said:

only in theory, so far ... still 15 on a 3 day cruise coming up in Dec ...

Just checked the website and although the order page states 15 the terms and conditions state as I highlighted so I guess I'll find out in 3 weeks. It's a short cruise so I'm fine & break even at 5 lg lattes & 5 lg hot chocolates. But November is longer and will use all 15+

Screenshot_20190921-060218_Chrome.jpg

20190921_060414.jpg

Edited by Ombud
Added conflicting screenshots

19 minutes ago, Ombud said:

Just checked the website and although the order page states 15 the terms and conditions state as I highlighted so I guess I'll find out in 3 weeks. It's a short cruise so I'm fine & break even at 5 lg lattes & 5 lg hot chocolates. But November is longer and will use all 15+

Screenshot_20190921-060218_Chrome.jpg

20190921_060414.jpg

It is confusing, isn't it?  I have a 15 day in December and I am really thinking that between the two of us, we are going to need more than one anyway.  If that's the case, we might just go ahead and order the second one ahead of time, so we each have one and there is no issue.  If we have a lot left towards the end, I guess we can indulge or we can treat our new found friends..  I really don't want to be thinking every day, should I or shouldn't I.  That's not the point of  a cruise. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

hubby and I are coffee drinkers.  We get a cup after getting up on the ship and then a second cup each for breakfast.  In the early afternoon around 2 we get a cappuchino or latte and again after dinner.   In the morning I go to the cafe and get 2 coffees by showing my card.  And then my hubby gets the breakfast ones.  We have learned that on the newer ships, throughout the ship they have brewed coffee whereas the older ships have coffee syrups for coffee with the exception of the cafe.

Of course if everyone was elite they could get 2 free coffee cards for exchanging their mini bar.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CarolandNate said:

It is confusing, isn't it?

I know! I'm elite so I will trade my minibar but I really don't want to ask if my latte is covered or not .... I'd rather just buy the card if needed

I emailed my PVP. She can find out

Edited by Ombud

2 hours ago, Ombud said:

Why not just give the unused punches to an on board friend rather than let Princess benefit from it?

btw- you can't calculate the hot chocolate into the cost since it's unlimited.  

28 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

Why not just give the unused punches to an on board friend rather than let Princess benefit from it?

Of course I do when I'm comparing what I would pay w/o the card to what the card costs. 

2 hours ago, Ombud said:

Of course I do when I'm comparing what I would pay w/o the card to what the card costs. 

So basically your just not using the card for it's value when getting hot chocolate.

It's free when on a Royal class ship for all passengers, even those without the coffee program. 

Edited by MissP22

1 hour ago, MissP22 said:

So basically your just not using the card for it's value when getting hot chocolate.

It's free when on a Royal class ship for all passengers, even those without the coffee program. 

Where is the HC free on Royal class?  I didn't think it was free at the IC.

I'm on my 2nd Royal Class shop in 3 weeks. I had older cards last time so that info is important 

10 hours ago, CarolandNate said:

It is confusing, isn't it?  I have a 15 day in December and I am really thinking that between the two of us, we are going to need more than one anyway.  If that's the case, we might just go ahead and order the second one ahead of time, so we each have one and there is no issue.  If we have a lot left towards the end, I guess we can indulge or we can treat our new found friends..  I really don't want to be thinking every day, should I or shouldn't I.  That's not the point of  a cruise. 

And further, it does not vary by the voyage length.  The one I purchased for my 12 day is 15 coffees....the one I purchased for my 14 day is 15 coffees....the one I purchased for my 32 day is 15 coffees.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, suzyed said:

So are you saying if the coffee card is in my name and I go get a specialty coffee I can't get a free regular coffee as well and bring it to my husband?

That's what you CAN do. There's no way to state which coffee is his and which specialty coffee is yours. You can get 2 specialty coffees at a time. What I've never seen is someone getting 2 free drinks at once

Edited by Ombud

Just now, suzyed said:

So are you saying if the coffee card is in my name and I go get a specialty coffee I can't get a free regular coffee as well and bring it to my husband?

Get the coffee card in his name. Then he can get as much regular coffee as he wants and buy you a speciality coffee. 😊

14 hours ago, steelers36 said:

Where is the HC free on Royal class?  I didn't think it was free at the IC.

It's not free at the IC unless you've got the coffee program.

The HC I believe it was deck 16.

It's not hard to find.

Some people believe the hot choc is better at the IC but I found it to be comparable. 

Edited by MissP22
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

It's not free at the IC unless you've got the coffee program.

The HC I believe it was deck 16.

It's not hard to find.

Some people believe the hot choc is better at the IC but I found it to be comparable. 

I get HC with hot milk at the IC. Is it with hot milk on deck 16?

54 minutes ago, Ombud said:

I get HC with hot milk at the IC. Is it with hot milk on deck 16?

No. It's made with water but tastes much stronger to me.

On our last Crown trip my friend on deck 16 would add chocolate syrup to the mix to make it even better. 

20 hours ago, MissP22 said:

There are no "punches" as there is no physical "card", it's on your account now. We need to stop referring to the Coffee Package as a "card", that just makes it more confusing.

No. It's made with water but tastes much stronger to me.

On our last Crown trip my friend on deck 16 would add chocolate syrup to the mix to make it even better. 

I guess one could pour some off and then add milk which will also lower the temp to make it easier to drink right away.